Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You shouldn't have to be using it for inferno IMO but yes the game is absolutely tuned around you using it. In fact even on my WD going through nightmare I've basically resorted to buying gear through it. Nothing drops man ever, it's bullshit. I have however managed to farm up almost 1 million gold alone and that's only maybe halfway through the game on nightmare just farming for drops and selling them. It's shit. In one act in tl2 alone I got more upgrades and they were more interesting.
    The game is tuned around providing items that others would find useful. However, there is no requirement where you need to buy stuff from there, since playing the game is sufficient enough to provide the items needed. You are pretty much arguing about something that frankly is not an issue if you decide not to buy from there, which is 100% possible to do.

Deleted
    Dota 2, Deus EX: Human Revolution, Battlefield 3, ME1 2 and 3, Skyrim, Starcraft 2. I prefer mine medium rare personally although I don't see the point in listing the games I play other than to give you an excuse to pick apart my taste. Should prove interesting though.
    Skyrim was not an excellent game, nor Deus Ex, nor the ME series. All games that I've enjoyed much (except skyrim I tried, but seems I can't like exterme sandbox games ) In your opinion they can be excellent in other opinion may have been not that is not really something up to debate. (nor I want to start one)

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I've done Nightmare on three characters without buying a piece, only started to buy some when I started equipping my friend. One piece every three "wearable good" that I distribute around.
    What can I tell you, I've got almost a million credits farmed just running through the first two acts on nightmare trying to farm up some gear. Almost every upgrade I've recieved has been through the AH. RNG is RNG and it only adds to this games woes that the developers saw fit to let RNG be the sole god of everything. Nothing drops and it's better to just buy it at this point. I know I'm not the only one whos facing this issue and as I said before it only becomes more prevalent as your progress.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 11:12 AM ----------

Skyrim was not an excellent game, nor Deus Ex, nor the ME series. All games that I've enjoyed much (except skyrim I tried, but seems I can't like exterme sandbox games ) In your opinion they can be excellent in other opinion may have been not that is not really something up to debate. (nor I want to start one)
    I'm curious why you responded to that post if you didn't want to debate it.

This is the point that makes me think most. Disadvantage in what regard? Diablo III is not a competitive game never has been thought so, and also it was stated (and I'm sorry that I cannot provide the source as it was a veeeeery old post by some CM) that was not design to be one. I do think that this "disadvantage" stuff is kinda a void point more a construct that something that is really there.

It will only take *more* time to advance, that is not a real disatvantage in a game that is based on repetitiveness (had to google this word to spell it right) itself. Once you beat inferno what do you do? Just repeat for other loot, and other loot and other loot. So what's the problem in doing Act 1 X time, for then doing Act Y times and then Act 3 Z times? there's none in my view of things.
    Basically because the loot you get after weeks of farming Act 1 is not good enough to do Act 2 Inferno. That is the flaw. Sure, you can farm for gold and buy things on the AH (what the majority of my friends and myself have resorted to doing), but that design is not what I would expect from a company which has been praised to no end for the uncompromising quality of their games.

Once again, if you think this has nothing whatsoever to do with the upcoming RMAH, you're probably a bit naive.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Deleted
    I don't think it's a disadvantage but it's certainly a regression for Blizzard. This is the company that generally speaking makes games more accessible for people. Well they did that in the AH but it was at the cost of the actual game itself. The carrot in front of the player leading him along is supposed to be getting loot and upgrading it, well that's taken such a huge hit that it just feels like I'm farming for gold and not items anymore. It's disappointing and upsetting they took that route.
    The game is perfectly accessible so much that Normal mode is a joke and Nightmare is plain normally fun and enjoyable. Everyone can play the game and go ahead, then if they want challenge they go into hell and inferno if they want a real challenge and love to take their time in doing thing they won't use the auctions if they want a moderate challenge they will use it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 12:14 PM ----------

What can I tell you, I've got almost a million credits farmed just running through the first two acts on nightmare trying to farm up some gear. Almost every upgrade I've recieved has been through the AH. RNG is RNG and it only adds to this games woes that the developers saw fit to let RNG be the sole god of everything. Nothing drops and it's better to just buy it at this point. I know I'm not the only one whos facing this issue and as I said before it only becomes more prevalent as your progress.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 11:12 AM ----------

I'm curious why you responded to that post if you didn't want to debate it.
    because we are talking about DIII not Skyrim ME or Deus Ex, is simply a matter of not derailing the topic.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I would personally rate it a solid 9 (perhaps a 9,5) for my own experiences with the game and I have mostly been playing alone. Planning to join up with others once I feel like I have done enough soloing.

Just because you rate it that does not mean everyone else will do the same.
    No I would no rate it that high, I think that 7,5 - 8 is a good solid score if we really want to measure it with numbers.

The game is tuned around providing items that others would find useful. However, there is no requirement where you need to buy stuff from there, since playing the game is sufficient enough to provide the items needed. You are pretty much arguing about something that frankly is not an issue if you decide not to buy from there, which is 100% possible to do.
    It's possible. Alot of thigns are possible given enough time. That's far from the point. Like I could walk around and collect pennies off the ground whenever and at some point I would reach a dollar. It is HARDLY advantageous for the average player to simply keep farming when he has TONNES of gold sitting around to buy items with. The game is simply NOT sufficient to provide the items I need in a REASONABLE time frame. In fact the time frame is so long now that the "carrot" of the game is so distant I don't see the point. Other than farming gold to buy it. Yes I want to grind, I don't want to grind for an entire fucking year. Not only that I want interesting stuff and valuable stuff to drop when I grind. At some point it becomes an exercise in futility and ALL of it revolves around their perceived need for an AH. It's a huge issue and as more and more people progress through higher and higher difficulties people will make a bigger stink about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    Once again, if you think this has nothing whatsoever to do with the upcoming RMAH, you're probably a bit naive.
    No I think RMAH surely factors in. I simply view things differently from you. It has already been stated by Blues that the bands of loots are very wide and you drop stuff of Act 1 inferno in Act 4 Hell, and that you drop Act 2 stuff from Act 1 inferno and so on.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 12:18 PM ----------

It's possible. Alot of thigns are possible given enough time. That's far from the point. Like I could walk around and collect pennies off the ground whenever and at some point I would reach a dollar. It is HARDLY advantageous for the average player to simply keep farming when he has TONNES of gold sitting around to buy items with. The game is simply NOT sufficient to provide the items I need in a REASONABLE time frame. In fact the time frame is so long now that the "carrot" of the game is so distant I don't see the point. Other than farming gold to buy it. Yes I want to grind, I don't want to grind for an entire fucking year. Not only that I want interesting stuff and valuable stuff to drop when I grind. At some point it becomes an exercise in futility and ALL of it revolves around their perceived need for an AH. It's a huge issue and as more and more people progress through higher and higher difficulties people will make a bigger stink about it.
    The more solid point you've made until now. If you had put it in this perspective before we would have avoided a lot of comeback

The game is perfectly accessible so much that Normal mode is a joke and Nightmare is plain normally fun and enjoyable. Everyone can play the game and go ahead, then if they want challenge they go into hell and inferno if they want a real challenge and love to take their time in doing thing they won't use the auctions if they want a moderate challenge they will use it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 12:14 PM ----------

because we are talking about DIII not Skyrim ME or Deus Ex, is simply a matter of not derailing the topic.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 12:15 PM ----------

No I would no rate it that high, I think that 7,5 - 8 is a good solid score if we really want to measure it with numbers.
    It's not an accessible challenge in terms of time though. People will get frustrated because nothign drops, they will loose motivation and either quit or simply got to the AH. Gear via mob or boss farming is just simply less accessible in this game for the average player. That's a function of the AH. People will end up buying it. Blizzard is smart, they know people follow the path of least resistance. For the rest of us who wanted a moderate amount of farming and more importantly the illusion that our farming would pay off with something neat in the near future, were fucked. Their is no middle ground.

As for the games I listed that other guy wanted to know, so he could do much the same what you were doing. Picking it apart. In the future I shall clearly avoid playing into such bullshit. But you don't want a debate...

Deleted
    As for the games I listed that other guy wanted to know, so he could do much the same what you were doing. Picking it apart. In the future I shall clearly avoid playing into such bullshit. But you don't want a debate...
    It is not that I do not want a debate I do not want it *here* where it does not belong, if you want we can bring the others game up in PM

It is not that I do not want a debate I do not want it *here* where it does not belong, if you want we can bring the others game up in PM
    Then I'm not really sure why you decided to interject yourself into a response that I was giving to another member on these forums about something completely off topic. You only served to help advance something you didn't want. Offtopic conversation.

Deleted
    Then I'm not really sure why you decided to interject yourself into a response that I was giving to another member on these forums about something completely off topic. You only served to help advance something you didn't want. Offtopic conversation.
    true enough, my fault in that sense, I wanted to interject only that excellence is a matter more of perspective than anything especially about games.
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2012-06-05 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dota 2, Deus EX: Human Revolution, Battlefield 3, ME1 2 and 3, Skyrim, Starcraft 2. I prefer mine medium rare personally although I don't see the point in listing the games I play other than to give you an excuse to pick apart my taste. Should prove interesting though.
    Battlefield 3 is mediocre when compared to Battlefield 2 and Origin ruined the entire game. Did not decide to buy it, because of it.

Was going to buy the entire series of ME. That is, until Mass Effect 3 came out. Since then I had no desire to buy it. Not going to play a series which loses its entire point at the final last minutes of the game, regardless of how good the rest was.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was pretty good, but it was extremely buggy and was a typical example of a console port. Also, the game is based around having mods, which is the charm of the ES community.

StarCraft 2 was overall excellent. Always loved RTS games and this one was really good.

DotA 2 is just a carbon copy of the WC 3 mod. Why would I ever bother buying such a game when I can play it for free, as well as League of Legends? Plus, I hate how they pretty much astaethically ripped-off a ton of units from WC 3 DotA that were based around WC 3 units. As an artist, I find the game to not have any artistical integrity when it is so obvious that they just copy+paste stuff into their game.

Never played Deux EX: Human Revolution.

Really, dude. If you are going to talk about good taste, then at least do not come up with telling others what is good or not. You are a freaking hypocrite who says that you have good taste while I don't, then stating stuff like "although I don't see the point in listing the games I play other than to give you an excuse to pick apart my taste".
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-06-05 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    [url]
    Encounter Magda: She teleports away
    Encounter Magda at her house: Cannot teleport away <- Is she restricted to a hearthstone or something???

Those were illusions, or astral projections, whatever you want to call them. Why do you think we fought her servants and not herself? Because she was not actually there.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...hantom-menace/

this video is the most biased PoS I have ever laid my eyes upon.. "Everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot" attitude is so unbelievably annoying.

Yes, the movie sucks, but jesus don't act like a retarded kid that got its toys taken away because of it.

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

Battlefield 3 is mediocre when compared to Battlefield 2 and Origin ruined the entire game. Did not decide to buy it, because of it.

Was going to buy the entire series of ME. That is, until Mass Effect 3 came out. Since then I had no desire to buy it. Not going to play a series which loses its entire point at the final last minutes of the game, regardless of how good the rest was.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was pretty good, but it was extremely buggy and was a typical example of a console port. Also, the game is based around having mods, which is the charm of the ES community.

StarCraft 2 was overall excellent. Always loved RTS games and this one was really good.

DotA 2 is just a carbon copy of the WC 3 mod. Why would I ever bother buying such a game when I can play it for free, as well as League of Legends? Plus, I hate how they pretty much astaethically ripped-off a ton of units from WC 3 DotA that were based around WC 3 units. As an artist, I find the game to not have any artistical integrity when it is so obvious that they just copy+paste stuff into their game.

Never played Deux EX: Human Revolution.

Really, dude. If you are going to talk about good taste, then at least do not come up with telling others what is good or not. You are a freaking hypocrite who says that you have good taste while I don't, then stating stuff like "although I don't see the point in listing the games I play other than to give you an excuse to pick apart my taste".
    Am I surprised the only game you had no complaint about was the Blizzard game? I mean I love sc2 but I'm sure you could have criticized it as well. Hell I love the game and I can come up with criticisms of it easy. It's a shock that you didn't. In fact I put it in on purpose to catch you in that. I see you bro don't worry. Your a big fan... I'll let you figure out what to append to the word fan to discover the appropriate title for you and people like you. You can also throw blind in front of that as well. I see you don't worry.

I simply maintain in my opinion I have more discerning taste than you. You are welcome to disagree. In the future however I will no longer engage in such petty nonsense.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-05 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of that I could agree with. Some of the randomization is simply too random, like the times the items have more than one main stat like Intellect, Dexterity, and Strength on the same item. Though, it is still not impossible to farm, which is what you are referring to.

Still, that part I can understand, and Blizzard should look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Except that Diablo aint an MMO friend.
    actually.. it kinda is...

just a more selective mmo.. with single player options (it is in no way a single player game) the reliance on the AH for gear instead of actually soloing content with what you find... the fact that AT ANY TIME another player could join you with/without permission(if friend/real ID at least) having to join with others (friend, or public game)... MMO with single player content.

MMO doesnt necessarily require hundreds/thousands... or even dozens of players to be online in a single map/match at a single time... look at WoT, or others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Nope I played the Mewtwo v Frieza fight out to detail in my head and it ended with Megatron as the victor.

Some of that I could agree with. Some of the randomization is simply too random, like the times the items have more than one main stat like Intellect, Dexterity, and Strength on the same item. Though, it is still not impossible to farm, which is what you are referring to.

Still, that part I can understand, and Blizzard should look into it.
    See but they have to double think about fixing the stats, because if gear starts to become decent all around then what happens to that economy they're responsible for? Unless they fix the randomization and compensate by making gear drop even less... It's not impossible to farm gear in this game it's just not very smart to do so and it doesn't feel as good as it does in other games like tl2 or even LoD. It's simply better to farm gold and buy it. That's by design and on purpose. Welcome to diablo 3
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-05 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    I remember the spring of 99, waiting in a line of over a hundred for like 2 hours so I could see the very first showing of the Phantom Menace, the first new Star Wars movie in about 15 years. I was too little to remember the other ones in the theater but the Star Wars franchise was one of my all time favorites, like just about everyone else on the planet.

I had no doubts it was going to be awesome, I mean, it was the freaking Star Wars franchise, there's no way they'd ever make a bad Star Wars movie, amirite?

I remember walking of of the theater not knowing what to think. I mean, deep down I knew it was a crappy movie, but maybe I was just processing it correctly. I actually saw it again the next weekend, there were parts that were cool, but it just felt cold and boring and at all interesting or compelling.

And what is the movie's legacy? Well the hardcore fans hated it, the critics hated it, it's legacy was that of a bad joke, a punchline, the long awaited but disappointing and downright embarassing follow up to the legendary Star Wars franchise. The beginning of the end of the legend of Lucas.

How could this have happened? How could they have made it so bad? I mean parts of it were good, but the bad parts are so bad and unnecessary, they could have easily been fixed. It's like the took all the charm, originality, and character and squeezed it out of the franchise.

Interestingly enough the movie went on to be a major finacial success, in fact, not factoring in inflation, it's the #10 highest grossing movie of all time.

Sound familiar?

Behold, Diablo 3, the Phantom Menance. It's taken me a few weeks to recognize my feelings towards the game but now I remember when I felt like this before. It was after my couple viewings of Episode 1
    The major difference between that movie and this game, is that once the movie came out, it was unchangeable. George Lucas will never go back and fix the parts of the movie which completely sucked donkey anus, because movies are supposed to be art, and art is subjective. Blizzard, on the other hand, is already working on fixes and improvements to Diablo 3, and it's one of those things where they may take a long time just to get the game in a perfect place.

Which is why it's important to provide constructive feedback on the game (discuss what you don't like and how you think it could be improved), but in a place where the developers will see it, like on the D3 website. Putting this thread here is not going to accomplish any of that, just to let you know.

hIndeed diablo III is a shadow compared to the other 2. from a laghable story to the visuals of a 2004 game its sad why they decided to release it. A sucess in sales? No doubt. Justin biber is a sucess too, doesnt mean its good...
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.