Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why do people blame so much?

I do actually believe there is ELO hell because I'm currently in it and it seems by nigh nearly impossible to get out because so many people just complain and complain and blame and blame. I'm stuck around 1000-1250 and I just can't seem to get out and I'm just about always 5th pick usually designating support. -.-

So my problem is why do people blame so much because it just ruins the synergy of a team and I just can't grasp the fact that they are so idiotic sometimes and don't even get me started on jungling.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    They're blaming others because clearly they're perfect and it's everyone else keeping them in Elo hell.

Ignore them and focus on what you can do better - it's the only thing you can easily improve.

Deleted
    Aren't you blaming others too?

There's no such thing as elo hell. Get better and your elo will improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Aren't you blaming others too?
    Exactly what I was thinking

To answer the question though; It's the American thing to do! Here in Napa, Ca I've noticed this trend is actually worse RL than on the interwebz
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Just play the game and enjoy it. Fun should matter more than your rank. If you enjoy it and get better, your rank will go up on its own.

Its called "projection." Long story short, people don't want everyone to get angry at them so they try to project the blame to some one else. Its extremely apparent when they try to All Talk and explain to the enemy about how bad their team is and how its not their fault and how the enemy shouldn't think of them as a noob.

Only real logic to there being an Elo hell is around the 1.1-1.3k. The reason for this I believe is because you get people playing placement games still and it's usually these people who don;t have much experience of the game and throw them pretty easy. You get moaners, afkers and just plain arseholes at every Elo and it never seems to get any worse or better.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    The average age of players in LoL is quite low, so immature people are extemely common. Immature kids like to blame others for all and anything that goes wrong.

Does not matter what they do or say. If you play consistently well, your elo will rise. It just takes a lot of games.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Its called "projection." Long story short, people don't want everyone to get angry at them so they try to project the blame to some one else. Its extremely apparent when they try to All Talk and explain to the enemy about how bad their team is and how its not their fault and how the enemy shouldn't think of them as a noob.
    This, mainly.

There's no such thing as 'ELO Hell' though; because you get the same sort of people (trolls, flamers, AFKers, etc.) in every bracket. If you really want to raise your ELO, download a program like LOLReplay and after each game, watch through the replay and look at where you went wrong and try to correct it. Yes, this is a very 'boring' and slow method, but it ensures that you improve quickly provided you are properly critical of where you went wrong and so forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    The blame game that goes on in this game seems to have gotten so bad that I've resorted to taking the blame and apologizing whenever I get killed, even if it wasn't myself at fault.

But while I'm jungling, the whining people do along the lines of "OMG Y U NO GANK" is just ridiculous. Especially moreso when they ask for ganks at the worst possible times, such as when I'm a golems and bot lane yells in ALL CAPS for a gank.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

same nearly every game

Deleted
    I'd like to say immaturity but you will always find people like this of all age and 9 times out of 10 it's a man. If you play any team sports you know exactly the type of person I'm talking about and if you have no idea but still play team sports then this thread is probably about you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemdust View Post
    I'd like to say immaturity but you will always find people like this of all age and 9 times out of 10 it's a man. If you play any team sports you know exactly the type of person I'm talking about and if you have no idea but still play team sports then this thread is probably about you.
    Isn't that only because 9 out of 10 players are men?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I do actually believe there is ELO hell because I'm currently in it and it seems by nigh nearly impossible to get out because so many people just complain and complain and blame and blame. I'm stuck around 1000-1250 and I just can't seem to get out and I'm just about always 5th pick usually designating support. -.-

So my problem is why do people blame so much because it just ruins the synergy of a team and I just can't grasp the fact that they are so idiotic sometimes and don't even get me started on jungling.
    Bad players look at what others are doing that are making them perform bad.

Rather than looking at what they are doing or not doing to improve their performance.

These players will always have the same ELO because they refuse to recognize that problem MIGHT JUST BE THEM.

(1) 1 death is not sufficient for you to start spouting off EVEN IF IT IS a teammates 'fault'
    (2) if you are not making adjustments for either THEIR lack of experience, or YOURS... well then thats YOUR fault

People need to learn how to play BOTH aggressively, AND defensively, and adjust according to how their teammates are playing.

Does not calling MIAs suck? Absolutely.
    Can you watch the map yourself and not over extend and leave you open for a possible gank or mia? You better if people aren't calling MIAs.

You are your best critic, which is why people who blame everyone except themselves generally suck.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The blame game that goes on in this game seems to have gotten so bad that I've resorted to taking the blame and apologizing whenever I get killed, even if it wasn't myself at fault.

But while I'm jungling, the whining people do along the lines of "OMG Y U NO GANK" is just ridiculous. Especially moreso when they ask for ganks at the worst possible times, such as when I'm a golems and bot lane yells in ALL CAPS for a gank.
    Blaming junglers has been there for a long time... my personal favourite is when bot/top lane is shoving their lane completely and then proceeds to yell "Y U NEVER GANK??" after I'd just scored a kill or two at the opposite lane. God I love some people. Best thing just shrug it off and laugh at them :P Generally pisses them off sending them into more rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemdust View Post
    Sexism is exactly why the CIA invented Feminism.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

/all Oh tell me about how everyone else than you sucks and are keeping you in "elo hell". There is no chance in hell that you BELONG to this rating if you are stuck here. Keep blaming others for you facechecking enemy jungle, i'm fairly certain that it was junglers fault that you went to enemy jungle 1v3 knowing they are all there.

And then just watch and laugh as EVERYONE in the game eats the flamer alive
    Works EVERY time
    "A wise man once told, Just because you can lift a car over your head and know your strong, does not mean your existance of life is more important than a Beetle who can lift 150 times his own size."
    http://imageshack.us/f/696/ultik.jpg/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikzor View Post
    /all Oh tell me about how everyone else than you sucks and are keeping you in "elo hell". There is no chance in hell that you BELONG to this rating if you are stuck here. Keep blaming others for you facechecking enemy jungle, i'm fairly certain that it was junglers fault that you went to enemy jungle 1v3 knowing they are all there.

And then just watch and laugh as EVERYONE in the game eats the flamer alive
    Works EVERY time
    Good point, unless the said person is just unfortunate to have bad luck by getting duos that intentionally feed and throw games. Or worse, getting 4-man premades in normals that throw games and feed.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II