Deleted

Reccomend a game?

So I was sitting and thinking that there are so many great games out there... but of many we never even find out because they get little publicity or they are simply shadowed today by other games or simply we just have bad luck and never see anything about them, ever.
    I was thinking we could have a thread where someone would post what types of games they like, what games they played, their operating system and other people can suggest games he/she can play? I mean, you never know when you passed over a game you might think of as great just because it didn't have a very catchy name or something, but now we could remedy that.

Here, I'll start so I can give an example:
    I like RPG, RTS, TBS, Action, Platforming 3d, Sim type games.
    I played many games since I was little, Age of Empires 2,3, Red Alert 2 with expansion, Diablo 2 and 3, Sims 2, The Witcher, Rise of Nations, Rise of Legends, Age of Mythology, Dungeon Siege 2 and 3, Dragon Age 2, Spellforce 1 and 2(2 with expansion), Warcraft 3(with expansion), WoW(with expansions), UFO: Afterlight, Saints Row the Third, Hitman: Blood Money, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and 5(5 with expansions), Hearts of Iron 2, Sims: Medieval, Alice: Madness Returns, Half Life 2, Bloodrayne 1 and 2, Counterstrike (can't remember which version, an old one), Rift, Warcraft 2, Revolt, Starcraft 1, Command and Conquer: Generals. To be honest there could be more, but these are the ones that stuck in my head along the years. Some I played at home, some at friends, some at online cafes back when they still existed etc. But the bottom line is I played all of these and now... I'm looking for something else for a PC and don't know what to play?
    I dislike stuff like Minecraft or Rage or... I don't know, I dislike games that end up repeating too much, for example even in Diablo once I finished the campaign two times I can't be bothered to move into further modes aswell. I like to play games for the story, in case of those that have one, or to make a story, for sim type games. I also don't really like games that have too cartoony graphics, for example I understand Legends of Zelda has a good story... but I can't feel it, not my cup of tea.
    So, any suggestions on what I could try playing please?
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-06-02 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see Civilization anywhere in there, you could give that a try.

Or just get the current Humble Indy Bundle. Just pay $8 and you got a whole load of awesome games. Some games are so good that their genre doesn't matter.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I don't see Civilization anywhere in there, you could give that a try.

Or just get the current Humble Indy Bundle. Just pay $8 and you got a whole load of awesome games. Some games are so good that their genre doesn't matter.
    Thank you for those suggestion. Will see about those. The Humble Indy Bundle I presume is a Steam only thing?

Binding of Isaac.

It's a really great game. It's $5 normally, but it's on sale for $2 for expansion promotion. The expansion just recently came out (5/28), and it is only $2.99.

However, there is some repetition. Each playthrough is different though.
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2012-06-01 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Thank you for those suggestion. Will see about those. The Humble Indy Bundle I presume is a Steam only thing?
    it's DRM free, you can activate it on anything afaik. Sure they have a FAQ that answers the question.

you should also recommend people put what systems they have for their game suggestions

Deleted
    Metro 2033, It has a great story and atmosphere that I really enjoyed with both endings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    It's not on Steam, you can download the games from their website after you've purchased them. Here's the site. You get a bunch of cool games for any price you want, but if you pay more than the average price, you get Bastion as well, which is a great game and alone worth the $8 or so that you pay for the whole packet.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Definitely should try Assassin's Creed

Didn't see The Witcher 2 on there. On sale on GOG for like $29.99 right now.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    thief series.

10+ Year Old Account

This plat former 3D? If it isnt its still buttloads of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post

This plat former 3D? If it isnt its still buttloads of fun.
    As a note about Garry's Mod - It has multiplayer game types called Climb, and Death Run. They're really just platforming. You'd need to get Counter Strike Source with it though, so you had the textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Didn't see The Witcher 2 on there. On sale on GOG for like $29.99 right now.

WoW $29 bucks thanks for the info. I was looking at it on steam just a second ago and it was almost 50 DLing now
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    WoW $29 bucks thanks for the info. I was looking at it on steam just a second ago and it was almost 50 DLing now
    I got the email for it today, and was like, WTF IS THIS!!!!

OT: Check out anything on GOG if you want (this is how I would describe it) old games, as I have yet to go wrong with finding games I had never heard of. So check them out for anything that isn't really really new (Steam).
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    Thank you all for the suggestions I now have plenty of stuff to check out. So, that said, if anyone wants other people to suggest them games as well, feel free to post too!