Need PC game controller

I was looking for recommendations for a game controller for my PC. My initial thought is just to go pick up an xbox 360 controller, would that be my best option?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wired...8587295&sr=8-4

I see no reason for anything else when this will work just fine and isn't that expensive. Good luck op!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I've always stuck with a 360 controller just because it's the most comfortable for me. I've never had any compatibility issues with it or anything, so I could easily recommend that.

Thanks all, I will be picking up a 360 controller this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    360 controller works well. However, if you like how a PS3 controller feels in your hands more, I'd suggest looking for a Final Fantasy XIV controller. Crap game, but the controller's designed for PC, and it's practically a part and parcel copy of Sony's controller -- infinitely better than having to deal with MotionInJoy...

Just thought I'd put that out there *shrug*

Xbox controller but I prefer the playstation style controllers. Picked this one up cheapo on Amazon for like $10 at the time;

Deleted
    I got the one Worgenite linked but in black. Very happy with it, it's a must-have on some games (GTA, NBA, Bastion, ...) to enjoy playing it. Mine is wired as well as I heared there may be problems with wireless controllers (and mine is black, because I like it more )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arog View Post
    Thanks all, I will be picking up a 360 controller this weekend.
    it MUST be the wired version, otherwise you'll have to buy a wireless receiver instead. the charging cable on the wireless controller will not work to connect the controller to the PC
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I use an old Six axis PS3 controller. If you happen to have a PS3, just get Motion Joy and enable it as a 360 controller. And if you have a compatible Bluetooth adapter you can connected it wirelessly, other wise use the standard USB cord to connect it to your computer.