Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Level 60 barb but don't have the patience or 12491247124 fans supporting me to want to spend 150 hours grinding goblins in inferno act 1 just to MAYBE survive.

Hardcore is definitely a rush while softcore will put you to sleep after you've played HC for a long time. At the same time, there's a point where you realize what you can and cannot survive, and what it takes to survive what you can't survive. For inferno, knowing it could take me hundreds of hours of beating my head against a goblin wall - only to barely diminish the probability of being instakilled by an elite pack...kind of discouraging.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-06-02 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Ain't going barb a bad choice for hardcore, as barb struggles with survivability on higher difficulties?

I'm playing a Monk myself, but haven't played much yet, only lvl 13

Unfortunately, the other classes struggle more. As awesome as it is to be able to do damage from ranged, if you get a bad vortex/teleporter pack you're going to get hit, and it's going to kill you.

That's my logic, anyway, and most other highly progressed solo HC players are monk/barb that I know of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Level 60 barb but don't have the patience or 12491247124 fans supporting me to want to spend 150 hours grinding goblins in inferno act 1 just to MAYBE survive.

Hardcore is definitely a rush while softcore will put you to sleep after you've played HC for a long time. At the same time, there's a point where you realize what you can and cannot survive, and what it takes to survive what you can't survive. For inferno, knowing it could take me hundreds of hours of beating my head against a goblin wall - only to barely diminish the probability of being instakilled by an elite pack...kind of discouraging.
    Diablo 3 difficulty progression in a nutshell. Gearcheck, gearcheck, gearcheck. It's really really boring. But Blizzard explains it away with item inflation that would come if they changed the fact it's IMPOSSIBLE to grind gear for yourself. It's an absolutely ridiculous excuse. They only want to force us onto the auction house.

They wanted the game to be challenging for softcore players. The only way to make a game challenging when you cannot possibly lose is to make it literally impossible to survive. The game wasn't really designed with hardcore in mind, let's remember that they went back and forth and whether or not to include it at all. In the end, they said "sure, have your hardcore, but it's gonna be hard LOL"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They wanted the game to be challenging for softcore players. The only way to make a game challenging when you cannot possibly lose is to make it literally impossible to survive. The game wasn't really designed with hardcore in mind, let's remember that they went back and forth and whether or not to include it at all. In the end, they said "sure, have your hardcore, but it's gonna be hard LOL"
    Regardless....I'm still doing it . Nothing is more fun to me. Playing softcore is just boring as hell.

Level 45, act 3 now. 17k health, 1.1k dps, 55% reduction...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Regardless....I'm still doing it . Nothing is more fun to me. Playing softcore is just boring as hell.

Level 45, act 3 now. 17k health, 1.1k dps, 55% reduction...
    Well I'm sure you're going to be very bored when you hit act 2 inferno wall.

Hell act 4 wall*

Honestly, I don't expect anyone to ever beat hardcore Inferno without some major exploits. If someone does do it legit though, mad respect from me. That will not only take immense dedication, but skill as well.

The only way I could possibly see doing it is by having an army of max level characters on a separate account, (possibly fans lol?) that are willing to sacrifice themselves on every single champion pack to check their abilities to see if it's safe to kill them. If not, let the mook character die so that the main can teleport out, reload, and try again.

I also think it would be a good idea to have a softcore character with perfectly identical stats that you practice on over and over and over again, until you can do the next area 50 times in a row without dying, then do it on the hardcore character. It will take extreme bullshit like that to actually finish it.

Personally, I plan to do hardcore eventually when I finish Inferno on all my softcore characters. I plan to stop after hell though. That's my goal. Get level 60, beat hell, call it a day.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-06-02 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    So apparently Kungen was closing in on starting act 2 Inferno when he died. Are there any other HC players around the same lvl, or that maybe already has progressed through act 2?

Judging by my own experience, I can't imagine that anyone can finish act 2 Inferno with no deaths at this point in time. Myself I must have died like 200 times (I only left 2 packs, everything else was killed regardless how many deaths it took).
    he also was not paying attention. go watch the vid on youtube
    ggg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Well I'm sure you're going to be very bored when you hit act 2 inferno wall.
    I don't mind. I farmed Act1 nightmare till 40 and had better stats than my 39 had when he died in Act2. Farming is kinda fun when you go raaaawwrr smaaash boom

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 12:40 AM ----------

It sucks, but he just died at 48 to Azmodan. I think I'll do a hardcore monk now

Update on my barb. Finished up Nightmare today and on to Hell. Currently level 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Update on my barb. Finished up Nightmare today and on to Hell. Currently level 50.
    I'm jealous! How did you survive Azmodan? I got him to 25% when he put that crap on the ground. IP at start, then potion...but even my leech + 250 per sec life + 79 on hit wasn't enough to survive. He died last night at 48.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I got to level 9 on my barb because i got stuck inbetween mobs. Good times.
    Your avatar fits perfectly with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm jealous! How did you survive Azmodan? I got him to 25% when he put that crap on the ground. IP at start, then potion...but even my leech + 250 per sec life + 79 on hit wasn't enough to survive. He died last night at 48.
    He really didn't hit that hard on me, I didn't have to pot. I just used Ignore Pain for his fireballs and tried putting the blood pools close enough together and as soon as they would drop I used Furious Charge to get out of them. If and once I make it to 60 I will be putting up a stream.

I am just going through HC casually. Only on act 2 normal. Still focusing on my main DH trying to finish off act 4 inferno. Tbh I just cannot see me playing a lot on inferno in it unless I have just amazing gear. The globally factor for DH is silly high.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 1 lvl 11 hardcore monk atm allmost died to elite trees. bit scared to continue.

though it was not hardcore my first char the one i made 1 hour after release got he's first death on act 2 hell. i was a barbarian running together with a monk friend.... he died often but i allways specced into tank and only died to molten aftershock while i was frozen. was 54 at that time.

once i get my monk to 60 i think im going to play hardcore with either a bard or wiz. my question is, if and when you die does your gear/inventory go to your stash, or is it lost for ever?

Quote Originally Posted by QQingshaman View Post
    once i get my monk to 60 i think im going to play hardcore with either a bard or wiz. my question is, if and when you die does your gear/inventory go to your stash, or is it lost for ever?
    Equipped items and inventory is deleted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QQingshaman View Post
    All lost. For that reason I keep all crafting mats, gems, and AH stuff in my stash. Pick up something good? Immediately teleport back home.