How much $$ will 1 million gold be worth

When RMAH launches.

I have seen bot spam selling it illegally for 30 bucks, and this seems ridiculous to me. I can't imagine it being that high when the RMAH goes live. Considering good items go for upwards of 12 million gold - 360 dollars for one item is just mind boggling.

Back in the day, I remember buying a zod rune to finish my Breath of the Dying, and it was only 2-3 bucks.

Are people really willing to spend cash to the point of 1,000,000 gold = 30 bucks?

No, the gold sellers are trying to make absurd profit while they think they can. When the RMAH releases I don't expect 1 mil to be worth more than 5 USD tops.

The sad thing is, people are obviously paying these prices or they'd have lowered them by now.

Seems about right.. considering 1m is ''decently'' farmable. In WoW , 1k is roughly worth about 1$ and look at how easy it is to get gold in that game :P

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna list everything I possibly can on the RMAH.. if I over the course of the time I play D3 make $60.. I've won!

but as for how much is one million gold worth? to me.. nada!
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You must consider that people will spend a lot of money on games, if they truly love it and have the disposable income. Look at how much the spectral tiger in WoW would go for on Ebay back in the day (and likely still now!) and apparently people have invested A TON of money into LoL, so, one must really think. Considering it's a hobby people can truly get very into, how much could people logically spend? The answer is, however much they want to spend. Some items might be worth that $360 you mentioned, as crazy as it seems.... "It's only worth what someone will pay."

If someone will pay $360... then that seller is one lucky guy/girl!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    I'm just gonna list everything I possibly can on the RMAH.. if I over the course of the time I play D3 make $60.. I've won!

but as for how much is one million gold worth? to me.. nada!
    Exactly, it's not like gold AH where people spend more than an item might be "worth" considering the gold doesn't really have a value. Will some people buy the stupidest thing and overpay with RMAH? Sure. I bet there's going to be alot more than "Are you sure you want to buy this?" confirmation boxes considering all the problems blizzard had with QQ over people paying absurd amounts of money "on accident". At the end of the day... it's worth what people are willing to buy it for.

I still think the biggest challenge that's going to face blizzard, considering it's not a "typical" marketplace is charge-backs, and fraud. It's not exactly difficult to call your CC company and say "Hey, I didn't transfer $100 to blizzard" or call up PayPal and say something...

Deleted
    I spent all my gold on Thursday, literally, I was down to 75k.

Yesterday I played for around 4 hours in the evening and from vendoring and gold drops I was back at 600k. I sold around 5 mediocre pieces around 50k last night and one at 100k, nothing special. I'm now back at just under 1 million.

Given this, and that's Act I inferno, not even getting any good gear or trying particularly hard, I seriously doubt 1 mil will be worth more than $5.

how much does forum gold sell for on d2jsp? and whats the forum gold to ingame gold exchange rate? you can probably work it out from that.

Deleted
    wont there also be undercutting in gold? or is it like commodities

EDIT: i cant see it being higher than £5 myself, not dollars so a bit high. and seeing all those gold sellers make me think that people are already buying em

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    how much does forum gold sell for on d2jsp? and whats the forum gold to ingame gold exchange rate? you can probably work it out from that.
    1 million IGG is around 1800FG so $60.
    Though most people don't buy their FG.

Deleted
    Don't forget about that 15% blizzard cut.. i think it'll be much cheaper to sell it without using RMAH.. and that's the reason why you cant see nick of person who sell item so you wont be able to contact him/her that easy and trade without RMAH
    oh and i might have old info but orders on RMAH can't be over 250 usd?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I sold around 5 mediocre pieces around 50k last night and one at 100k, nothing special. I'm now back at just under 1 million.

Given this, and that's Act I inferno
    I need to put more thought into forming my prices it seems >.> My drops from Act 1 go for 5-10k max.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    I need to put more thought into forming my prices it seems >.> My drops from Act 1 go for 5-10k max.
    I use MF gear for Inferno Act 1 farming, from 3-4 hours or so I got maybe 40-45 rares... (a 5 stack SK run takes me 20-30 minutes depending on my luck on elites, and yields me from 6-10 rares again depending on my luck) from those there were aroun 5 I could sell at 50k, 1 at 100k and the majority of the rest I vendored or broke down into crafting mats if level 60. All the blues got the same treatment.... the majority of my gold I probably actually make from vendoring inventory-fulls of crap.

I think 1 mill will be worth $2-3. Considering you can farm 1mil in like 1 -2 hours max.

I think youre all vastly over valuing it.

My guess is less than $1. Millions of people playing, billions of gold in these players posetion, everyone wanting to make a quick buck.

Acording to the spammers on the "forced" general chat is 24euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I use MF gear for Inferno Act 1 farming, from 3-4 hours or so I got maybe 40-45 rares... (a 5 stack SK run takes me 20-30 minutes depending on my luck on elites, and yields me from 6-10 rares again depending on my luck) from those there were aroun 5 I could sell at 50k, 1 at 100k and the majority of the rest I vendored or broke down into crafting mats if level 60. All the blues got the same treatment.... the majority of my gold I probably actually make from vendoring inventory-fulls of crap.
    Well I'm not farming Act 1 yet. Just derping around playing half an hour a day or not playing at all. But it's nice to know that some items from Act 1 can be sold for a decent profit still.