Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] Supernatural season 6.

So I have not been able to watch every episode of this season.. and its been a while i have seen Castiel, what happened to him?

Also what happened to bobby singer?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Castiel absorbed all leviathans and exploded in a lake. They thought he died but he turned up alive and well later on.

Bobby died, IIRC it was a leviathan doing it. Now he's back as a ghost. Haunting his old flask.

With reservation for that I might be semi-wrong. I don't pay much attention while watching the series anymore =o

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Castiel absorbed all leviathans and exploded in a lake. They thought he died but he turned up alive and well later on.

Bobby died, IIRC it was a leviathan doing it. Now he's back as a ghost. Haunting his old flask.

With reservation for that I might be semi-wrong. I don't pay much attention while watching the series anymore =o
    A little more in-depth -
    Castiel was only back in the series briefly, and he had no memory of who he was when they found him, but got his memorys back while vanquishing demons with Sam&Dean. Sam had let Lucifer into his mind by answering him, so at the time Lucifer was trying to kill Sam by depriving him of sleep (he'd gone about 8 days at the time without sleep, I think). In the end of the episode, Castiel absorbs Lucifer from Sam's brain, and becomes his "host" instead, and Sam&Dean leaves Castiel at some kind of psych ward. Haven't seen him since, although I've yet to watch this weeks episode.

Bobby got shot in the brain while they were doing a break-in at a leviathan facility, and due to his stubborness, he ended up running from his Reaper, so he could stay behind and help Sam&Dean - for quite a few episodes we only get hints that he's there (bobby knocking over some papers to point something out they were missing, bobby sending a sword across a room to save Dean from a spirit, etc), but after visitting a "haunted house" where Bobby meets an older ghost that tells him how to better control himself and what it is to be a ghost, he starts being able to move things around like a "normal" ghost. At the end of the episode, the elder ghost is trying to "kill" bobby by absorbing him, but Sam&dean burns the bones of the elder ghost while it's going on, making a backlash into Bobby, which makes him turn visible - I guess it's possible Bobby ended up absorbing the elder ghost instead?

Castiel dissapears at the end of this season and die because he wants to become God

Now I've learned something with this season, after exorsist and burning bones with salt

after all, you can kill monster with Mr Clean mix with hot water.

This is by far the worst season

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Now I've learned something with this season, after exorsist and burning bones with salt

after all, you can kill monster with Mr Clean mix with hot water.

It doesn't kill them, it only hurts them. The leviathans were thought to be immortal, until they find a way to kill them in the most recent episode (it involves angel blood). Maybe you should stop exaggerating details in an attempt to make it look ridiculous.

Should I go ahead and say that the first few series were bad because you could kill a demon with 'special' water? See how that logic stands?
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    It doesn't kill them, it only hurts them. The leviathans were thought to be immortal, until they find a way to kill them in the most recent episode (it involves angel blood). Maybe you should stop exaggerating details in an attempt to make it look ridiculous.

Should I go ahead and say that the first few series were bad because you could kill a demon with 'special' water? See how that logic stands?
    thanks for the spoil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be rude here, but I watched all 6 of the seasons that Netflix has available, and I haven't seen any of this leviathan business. Are you perhaps talking about the 7th season?

This is by far the worst season because the premise for the fight against evil is based on completely and utter stupidity on the part of divine beings. It's logically fallacious that an Angel would be able to know how to absorb all the souls in Pergatory, but not know what kind of souls would exist there, likewise that the King of Hell would not have any knowledge.

It basically amounts to the writers having absolutely nothing better to base the season on. Now, the bigger problem is that Supernatural as a series is approximately 60-70% filler. Most of the episodes don't have anything to do with the main story and the Winchester brothers' quest to stop evil/make sense of their lives. It's a case where the entire story would be much better as a movie series (with much better special effects, actors, and writers) which would cover the important stuff while cutting out the filler.

There are several concepts about the story that are really good from a supernatural standpoint in regards to humanity and religion/myth. However, those things tend to be drowned out by the filler and the garbage that the writers like to perpetuate.

Season 6 is pretty much a wash (no pun intended) and you might as well wait until it comes out on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    This is by far the worst season because the premise for the fight against evil is based on completely and utter stupidity on the part of divine beings. It's logically fallacious that an Angel would be able to know how to absorb all the souls in Pergatory, but not know what kind of souls would exist there, likewise that the King of Hell would not have any knowledge.

It basically amounts to the writers having absolutely nothing better to base the season on. Now, the bigger problem is that Supernatural as a series is approximately 60-70% filler. Most of the episodes don't have anything to do with the main story and the Winchester brothers' quest to stop evil/make sense of their lives. It's a case where the entire story would be much better as a movie series (with much better special effects, actors, and writers) which would cover the important stuff while cutting out the filler.

There are several concepts about the story that are really good from a supernatural standpoint in regards to humanity and religion/myth. However, those things tend to be drowned out by the filler and the garbage that the writers like to perpetuate.

Season 6 is pretty much a wash (no pun intended) and you might as well wait until it comes out on DVD.
    I'm kind of in disagreement here. I do agree with how utterly stupid the whole premise of the latest big baddies is, and I think they killed the Eve storyline and the "prime archetypes" or whatever they were (the first vampire, first werewolf, blah blah) WAY too quickly.. like in a matter of episodes. Waste of concept there.

But I think a lot of the filler episodes end up being far better than the actual story arc episodes. I think back to the early part of the series and enjoyed it a lot more - it was almost all filler with only a few yellow-eyed demon episodes per season. Now it's gotten to the point where even though S&D aren't really any more powerful, they just laugh at ghosts/werewolves/zombies and even demons. There's basically nothing left we as an audience even take seriously - and so every season they keep escalating the enemies into ridiculous heights.

And still a season 8 is on the way, and I hope the replacement of Sera Gamble will be positive

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post

Your sarcasm detector is at OFF ?

season 5 was much better than this but yea why not give it a try

I just wanna say that it is currently into season 7 right now, and not season 6, so my post was a reflection of season 7.
    I'm kind of in disagreement here. I do agree with how utterly stupid the whole premise of the latest big baddies is, and I think they killed the Eve storyline and the "prime archetypes" or whatever they were (the first vampire, first werewolf, blah blah) WAY too quickly.. like in a matter of episodes. Waste of concept there.

But I think a lot of the filler episodes end up being far better than the actual story arc episodes. I think back to the early part of the series and enjoyed it a lot more - it was almost all filler with only a few yellow-eyed demon episodes per season. Now it's gotten to the point where even though S&D aren't really any more powerful, they just laugh at ghosts/werewolves/zombies and even demons. There's basically nothing left we as an audience even take seriously - and so every season they keep escalating the enemies into ridiculous heights.
    There are definitely some great filler episodes. My argument comes from a position where I have watched a lot of shows that have filler and in the long run it just ends up delaying the storyline. When you're waiting to see what happens next it's completely stupid and annoying to see a filler episode instead. I think the main annoyance with Supernatural is the way some of the filler episodes completely detract from the main story for a few weeks at a time and then some of those episodes are like 'wtf is this garbage?'

I would even be willing to state that some of the best episodes of this series are filler (fairies, yellow fever, weekend at bobbys) but at the same time, most of the worst episodes are filler too.

Now, in recent episodes (number 20 I think) Felicia Day makes a guest appearance as the main character of the episode, and she does a great job. However, that episode also happens to be about the main story, and I have a feeling she helped write that episode. Also, there are some characters that really make the episodes great, like Bobby and Castiel.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like this season, isn't as good as others but i still like it. Fucking happy castiel came back though, really sucked when i thought he might have actually died. <- Avatar ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    !
    I agree so much with so many of your points (particularly the crappy fillers, the series better fitting movies formats, and the great acting of Bobby & Castial's actors). But in fairness, I think you're being a tad bit overly-critical of the series and the admittedly poor introduction of the Levithans. The current season is afterall still ongoing, and the Levithans themselves are being portrayed as being more dangerous and cunning in recent episodes than originally incepted. I myself am reserving my judgment until the season finale next week.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-05-12 at 10:26 PM.

Personally, I've watched basicly every single of these Sci-fi shows I can get my hands on - Fringe, Supernatural, Sanctuary, X files, REgenesis, The 4400, Heroes, you name it I've probably watched it or got it on my "to-be-watched"-list.
    I haven't found one of the shows where I didn't enjoy the filler episodes much more than the storyline-episodes. To me, they're all a long, boring drag. I like the "One hit wonders" where they find a new monster, find a way to kill it, and wrap it all up in 45 minutes. I don't like watching hours of psychological conflict and reflection on who or what the main characters are becoming - if I wanted that, I'd be watching thrillers or reality TV ("So today I went grocery shopping, and while picking out the apples, I thought to myself - should I buy the cheap apples that supports the big bad corporations, or the expensive apples that a poor farmer in [insert third world country here] nurtured and harvested, and what kind of person would either choise make me?").

I honestly think that is one of the reasons so many people always seem to start to dislike shows when the seasons gets further along - they stop becoming about the premise of the show (in supernatural's case, hunting monsters - and with quite accurate descriptions and base in folk lore around the world to boot, not just some new "made up" monsters that the writers thought of during a brainstorm session), and more about the main characters. Which is boring.

Another case of this would be Dexter - I'm sure I'll have many people agreeing with me that season 4 started to become extremely dull due to his love interest, and the kids weighing him down. When they killed her off, he went on a personal reflection-crusade during season 5 if my mind serves me right, again, filling most of the episodes with reflection on what he was becoming, and maybe giving us a "Kill" every other episode.
    This is all straying from the first season or two (sorry, it's been ages since I watched them) being - "find bad guy, study bad guy, kill bad guy, dump bad guy - wrapped up in 45 minutes".
    That's my opinion, atleast :<.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Just saw the season final for season 7. Was very interesting, definitely can't wait for season 8.

Deleted
    Just finished watching the finale.

Sad times when they "killed" bobby by burning his flask. I'ma miss that eejit.

And dafaq at dean in purgatory! Next season looks immense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    Just finished watching the finale.

Sad times when they "killed" bobby by burning his flask. I'ma miss that eejit.

And dafaq at dean in purgatory! Next season looks immense.
    Well, another season ended with him being in hell. Purgatory should be.. less of an event.. Though it looks awesome. I just hope they don't throw him out of there before showing anything like they did with hell. Make him fight for his life/soul for a couple of episodes or something :P

I am not watching this time.