Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Pandaren female voice seem way more mature than her actually model, at least to me, would imply. I was thinking younger/higher pitch voice. Seem strange.

Reminds me of Queen Azshara in WoE, they did the same thing but in reverse, made her sound way too immature.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight female pandaren are raccoons living on a asian themed island sporting a caribbean accent 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    So let me get this straight female pandaren are raccoons living on a asian themed island sporting a caribbean accent 0.o
    You sir, know nothing of accents. She sounds like she has a sort of weak Asian accent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryyde View Post
    You sir, know nothing of accents. She sounds like she has a sort of weak Asian accent.
    That does not sound remotely asian.

I do not agree with the comments saying that she needs a more western accent. I do think she sounds a little older than I would like. The voice work is great, but she sounds more like a mature matriarch, instead of a warrior in her prime.
    I really hope they change this. I won't hold my breath.

Deleted
    And it's certainly not an MMO where balance is among the biggest concerns.
    I loled, what do they know about class balanace. WOW is far away from being balanced in PvP.

And I seriously hope they make some major changes with story, else they should get reward for the most childish and pointless story in gaming history.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    good call on the Caribbean. I was trying to figure out what it was, was thinking maybe African. Agree with the poster who said she sounds like an old woman, also.

Got all the tanking classes, she was going to be my first female tank, prob still will, but I'm disappointed.

Shame the voice is too...mature for the model, great actress Im sure, but not for the character's voice, maybe Liu the Jade Serpent, but not the player character imo, sorry Blizz.

So does that mean the inspect bug will finally be fixed?

Older woman's voice does not match the young looking pandaren model. =/
    It's kinda creepy actually.

I'm glad it's not a high pieced, squeaking monstrosity. Got kudos from me for not having a childish voice. I'll definitely be playing a Panda now.
    Meep~

Thank god the female pandaren voice isn't really high pitched and girly, that would have been the last straw for me. I might actually play one now.

....I could only listen to it for 45 seconds...I am thoroughly creeped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    You can trust me. I just flop around like a fish until I decide what I want to believe, then I tell people they are wrong for thinking some other way. It works for me.
    Words of wisdom if I have ever heard any.

10+ Year Old Account
    The accent isn't really consistent. As far as matching it to an accent found on this world, sorta hard to do. Maybe they aimed to make up a new sounding one. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, a fairly mature voice for the female Pandaren, that's a nice chang...

"What is the greatest city in the world?...Genero-city!"

Oh good god. *facepalm* I don't have any complaint about the voice actress, but the scripting is just terrible. Who on earth writes this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh man, don't we love guys like you? So Blizzard allows players on beta now to ding 90. They also enable scenarios to be tested. What is the point of making those scenarios then so hard IN BETA that all the freshly dinged lv 90s die?

Anyways. For tough guys like you there will be the challenge modes and as always Hardmode raids and we all expect YOU to not waste your time with the children stuff but rather be part of the world first chase, right.

And that is the design concept in a nutshell. EVERYONE gets to chose what they LIKE to do in this GAME.
    omfg - gotta love responses like this - not every one who thinks pokemon games and scenarios with ZERO challenge are bogus is an elitist

Zero level of difficulty / challenge / chance to die means the scenarios have little or no replay value and are basically a waste of development resources. They also do nothing to teach people how to play better beyond standing in green healing circles so have little value in that regard as well.

The problem with creating content with ZERO challenge is that it has a ripple effect throughout the game by constantly lowering the lowest common denominator bar which changes the difficulty curve of other aspects of the game. It also leads to the burning through of content at an ever faster rate that leads to player boredom etc. And Dragon Soul and LFR are the best example of that.

The funny thing that most people miss about Mists is how Blizzard has cleverly deluded most by creating more and more grind-fests (pokeman, dailies up the yazoo etc) that require little or no effort or skill but lots of time. In fact, to stay competitive, you will actually probably have to invest more time into each of your characters as a result.

Personally, I would prefer that some aspects of the game beyond Heroic raiding presented some form of meaningful challenge. And I would prefer well thought out and creative content, even if there was less of it, then having everything but the kitchen sink thrown into the game regardless of it's quality, lore consistency and complete lack of challenge...but hey that's just me.

In terms of getting a good VA, they found someone who did pretty well. It wasn't piss poor like the male Pandaren at least.

They did not however get a good voice actor whos voice matches with the model in the slightest.

I think I will keep my subscription frozen.

The animations are young and the voice is old, It does not fit.
    I hope they change it. Not nesseserily to a super teenage anime voice, but atleast a 20ish year old normal asian woman. This one sounds older than the male one does : /

hopefully blizz hears us and redoes the voice acting....

I hope Blizz changes the voice of female Pandaren, she sounds waaay too old, her animations suggest that she is young and energetic, but the voice sounds if not like old lady, then at least not like a young energetic female.