Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    That does not sound remotely asian.
    Yes it does. She sounds mainland Chinese. Kind of like Zhang Ziyi/Michelle Yeoh in CTHD.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DBZMerciter2005 View Post
    That fem panda voice sounds like my 35+ year old Japanese teachers, not a 24 and younger east Asian lady. It doesn't fit at all and is extremely jarring.
    Why on earth do you assume that female pandaren are under 24?
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Why on earth do you assume that female pandaren are under 24?
    Because that's how they look!? They could be a little older, but certainly not as old as the voice makes them sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Almatari View Post
    I like the fem pandaren voice! She sounds very elegant.
    I thought the same, elegant with an air of kindness.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Because that's how they look!? They could be a little older, but certainly not as old as the voice makes them sound.
    They have fur, so determining their age can be difficult, plus, I mean, they're as tall as a worgen, they're not tiny.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 06:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    People are going to keep whining and then we'll get Worgen female 2.0; a not-bad voice being replaced by that of a prepubescent Japanese girl who has inhaled helium, and it's really okay for some people to admit that this is what they want, there's no accounting for taste after all even if that taste makes you look ridiculous.

They could go the alternate direction and give them more facial options (and I read in a thread this is what they have in mind), which avoid another train wreck.
    Really makes me hope that when the race revamps start coming blizzard plans to revert worgen to their original vision.

Quote Originally Posted by kurisu7885 View Post
    Really makes me hope that when the race revamps start coming blizzard plans to revert worgen to their original vision.
    As far as any of us are aware, they aren't going to revamp the Worgen, or Goblins, any time in the near future; they already have the newer, more detailed models.

Deleted
    I personally like it that the female pandaren sounds mature. It makes me feel a lot wiser playing something like that instead of some anime girl squealing panda that a lot of people seem to be wishing for. I do agree though that the voice is not fitting for the animations that have a lot of energy to them, voice is very calm, movement is spasmic I like both separately, but I don't know if they work together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katastrofi View Post
    I personally like it that the female pandaren sounds mature. It makes me feel a lot wiser playing something like that instead of some anime girl squealing panda that a lot of people seem to be wishing for. I do agree though that the voice is not fitting for the animations that have a lot of energy to them, voice is very calm, movement is spasmic I like both separately, but I don't know if they work together.
    I'm not wishing for a squealing girl's voice either. It doesn't change my opinion, though, that the voice and animations don't go together.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrofi View Post
    Agreed, a monk strives for inner balance and harmony between body and spirit, that should be reflected in their voice as well. I would have preffered them having a slightly deeper, a little lighter than a tauren female voice, as the current voice-over does not seem to fit with their fairly well rounded bodies.

I like most of their lines. But I still die a little inside each time I see a female pandaren burst into the caramelldansen, for they had the chance to show us one of hundreds of beautiful traditional Chinese dances. But I guess some do get a chuckle out of it, so all's well..
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.