Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wii U Pokemon = Best thing ever!

So i find myself watching 2011 E3 again to build up this years E3, watching the Wii U preview and was thinking wouldn't pokemon on this system rock? the control could act as a pokedex, it could act like your inventory and when you select pokeballs from your inventory it shows up on the screen and you can actually slide it from the controller to the tv.

http://gametechmods.com/../uploads/i...kemon-wiiU.jpg

IMO this is the only thing that could actually "kill" WoW, especially if it was an MMORPG. What do you think? would it be awesome to flick/slide your selected pokeballs from the controller touch screen onto the TV and have your pokemon appear or an empty pokeball to catch the pokemon on the TV (which of course you have already used your pokedex to scan lol)

what other cool functions could this controller have for a pokemon game?

http://gametechmods.com/../uploads/i...mon-wiiU 2.jpg

Imagine sliding that pokeball towards the tv and then it shows up on the tv to catch that bulbasaur ^.^
    Last edited by evilgnomey; 2012-06-03 at 08:18 PM.

This is unrelated to Pokemon, but you should check out this page if you're interested in the Wii U. They're going to be talking about the Wii U in a couple hours. No games until Tuesday though.

Sweet thanks will have to check it out, I really hope this doesn't fail as it isn't just a gimmicky motion controller it's just a touch screen on a normal controller and touch screens are pretty fun and offer new ways to interact with games. The thing that exites me most is we'll be able to interact with objects from popular games hands-on style, no clicking buttons etc.

*pressing A to throw a pokeball = gone instead you can slide/flick it onto your TV.
    *You can drag and drop items in your inventory with your hands instead of using your D-pads/control sticks.
    *The controller could open up another genre (maybe more) of games where one player can view the game as a strategy while the other player is playing it in first-person. think SC2 + COD in one game, one person can build all the buildings and the other player can take control of the units you build in first person.

I really want to see nintendo bring pokemon to the system and chances are they will, so the big question is how will the new controller function with a new pokemon game? will they get lazy with it? or will they use the controller in brand new ways never seen before?

Back to Pokemon, I would love to see Pokemon Snap 2 on the Wii U. With the controller as the camera. Features such as rotating the controller to get a 360 degree view, and aiming the controller to take pictures.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think fans have been demanding a Pokemon Snap game for the last 15 years, the first one was fun when I was much much younger.

It'd be fun, but Skelington thinks he would prefer the main games to stay on the handhelds, which they probably will. Adding motion controls/touch screen controls just to throw pokeballs or open your inventory, which your character already does automatically, just sounds meh. It isn't that dynamic. The functioning on the ds/3ds is fine.
    An mmo would be fun, though. But certainly not like the SC2 x COD you suggest.

It wouldn't kill WoW, simply because of all the ''mature'' gamers who thinks its a childrens game.

I do really dig the idea, using the tablet as an inventory, menu and all that, that would be sure to create an immensily unique and unforgettable experience. I'd love to see this happen, wouldn't want it to be an MMO though, I don't like playing online games on consoles tbh, and I'm perfectly fine with an ordinary Pokémon game. I do think having to slide to throw your pokéball is a little too engaging, I'd prefer just being lazy and press a button. A Mystery Dungeon game would also be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    *The controller could open up another genre (maybe more) of games where one player can view the game as a strategy while the other player is playing it in first-person. think SC2 + COD in one game, one person can build all the buildings and the other player can take control of the units you build in first person.
    Check out Nuclear Dawn if you're looking for a game like that. The idea has been floating around for a long time, but N.Dawn is, in my opinion, the best iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Back to Pokemon, I would love to see Pokemon Snap 2 on the Wii U. With the controller as the camera. Features such as rotating the controller to get a 360 degree view, and aiming the controller to take pictures.
    why stick to taking pictures when you can use the control to actually catch them by "throwing" a pokeball at them on the screen? I don't think many people would be interested in Snap 2 compared to what else they could give us.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It'd be fun, but Skelington thinks he would prefer the main games to stay on the handhelds, which they probably will. Adding motion controls/touch screen controls just to throw pokeballs or open your inventory, which your character already does automatically, just sounds meh. It isn't that dynamic. The functioning on the ds/3ds is fine.
    An mmo would be fun, though. But certainly not like the SC2 x COD you suggest.
    speaking as someone who has played games on the Ipad I can say that for me i prefer direct interaction, for example:

Playing an office basketball game where you throw paper into a bin feels a lot better when you can flick it in a specific direction with your fingers instead of just using directions to line up the shot.

think about how this could work with mini-games like lock-picking etc.

So i find myself watching 2011 E3 again to build up this years E3, watching the Wii U preview and was thinking wouldn't pokemon on this system rock? the control could act as a pokedex, it could act like your inventory and when you select pokeballs from your inventory it shows up on the screen and you can actually slide it from the controller to the tv.

http://gametechmods.com/../uploads/i...kemon-wiiU.jpg

IMO this is the only thing that could actually "kill" WoW, especially if it was an MMORPG. What do you think? would it be awesome to flick/slide your selected pokeballs from the controller touch screen onto the TV and have your pokemon appear or an empty pokeball to catch the pokemon on the TV (which of course you have already used your pokedex to scan lol)

what other cool functions could this controller have for a pokemon game?

http://gametechmods.com/../uploads/i...mon-wiiU 2.jpg

Imagine sliding that pokeball towards the tv and then it shows up on the tv to catch that bulbasaur ^.^

It wont kill anything, I doubt it will even get very far. Nontraditional pokemon games have pretty much been flops since stadium and snap series.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2012-06-04 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    It wont kill anything, I doubt it will even get very far. None traditional pokemon games have pretty much been flops since stadium and snap series.
    the "kill WoW" thing was a joke :P also the game I'm hoping for on it would be traditional Pokemon RPG just 3D and would make full use of the new controller.

speaking as someone who has played games on the Ipad I can say that for me i prefer direct interaction, for example:

Playing an office basketball game where you throw paper into a bin feels a lot better when you can flick it in a specific direction with your fingers instead of just using directions to line up the shot.

think about how this could work with mini-games like lock-picking etc.
    Why throw a pokeball? Pokeballs being able to miss was one of the worst designs of the safari zone in R/B. Adding an extra feature to make that more complex is silly. Having a 100% hit rate would make the entire thing pointless.
    You can already use the inventory like how you suggest on the ds/3ds. And lock-picking isn't really all that fitting for the pokemon universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    None traditional pokemon games have pretty much been flops since stadium and snap series.
    The traditional games are still very successful.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    It would become a "must-buy" for me if they end up making a Pokemon game similar to Pokemon stadium on N64. Those were the days.

why stick to taking pictures when you can use the control to actually catch them by "throwing" a pokeball at them on the screen? I don't think many people would be interested in Snap 2 compared to what else they could give us.
    Because Pokemon Snap was the best console Pokemon game, and a sequel is perfectly suited for the Wii U. There are actually a lot of fans who want one.

The main games work much better on the handhelds, and should stay there. I wouldn't mind another Colosseum style game, but I'd still prefer another Snap.

Also, the Wii U stream just started if you're interested.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-06-03 at 10:03 PM.

What if they re-released the original pokemon games but with super updated Wii U graphics. Imagine playing a 3d HD version of pokemon Red using all the Wii U controls.

Deleted
    nostalagi....damn u nintendo! i almost grew up to play big boy games!

okee so going to buy a wii u after all :P

Deleted
    Looks good so far but personally I'd rather not have too many gimmicks. Zelda: Twilight princess for example was an amazing game, but I couldn't stand playing it on the Wii simply because of the whole 'swing your controller to slash' gimmick. I still can't believe they thought that was a good idea. Using the extra screen as a pokedex or move-selection window would be absolutely perfect though. But unless it's a game that will focus on one gimmick alone (Pokemon Snap while using the controller as a camera was a good example) I don't want to see too many gimmicks. I can live with being able to throw a Pokeball with it, but I don't want to use it as a steering wheel or something when I'm riding my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    It wouldn't kill WoW, simply because of all the ''mature'' gamers who thinks its a childrens game.
    I'm a gigantic Pokemon fan, but after Black and White I would consider that version as well as all versions after that one childrens games as well.
    I mean you've got to be freakin' kidding me, Vanilluxe?

I'm a gigantic Pokemon fan, but after Black and White I would consider that version as well as all versions after that one childrens games as well.
    God, the new Pokemon are so childish and uncreative. The older generations were so much more mature. Like this one:

One Pokemon does not represent the entire generation. Gen 1 and 2 had stupid Pokemon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    [IMG]http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/vanilluxe.jpg[IMG]
    So pokemon is for kids because Vanilluxe is a stupid pokemon? Only children can like ice cream.

perhaps OctoG123 can be a new catchable pokemon and flail around like a magikarp...nonspecificactionfigure would obviously be a legendary.