Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I can get you that, hang on untill 5pm paris time.
    No need to strain yourself bro. Im pretty confident in the players over at skillcapped rather than some high rated rogue (1600) on the mmo-champ forums.
    I have fed this one enough now and im leaving it to its destiny. Good luck in future endevours!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse they will notice, unless you are standing still (something only ranged can do) it will be quite obvious very quickly.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    No need to strain yourself bro. Im pretty confident in the players over at skillcapped rather than some high rated rogue (1600) on the mmo-champ forums.
    I have fed this one enough now and im leaving it to its destiny. Good luck in future endevours!
    You asked for it you will get it, just gotta wait for me to get home so i can text the guys.

Oh and skillcapped, nice, but is far from flawless.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shyguyy View Post
    Oh and decent ratings? You mean like 2.2k+, which, no offense to the OP, doesn't seem likely he would be asking if he were remotely close.
    That someone isn't at a certain rating doesn't mean that they can't get there. I would rather help someone in an effective way for a long period of time than an ineffective way for maybe a very short period of time.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2012-06-04 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    What if the OP doesnt want to become as pro as you, would appear to be? and just want a bit of fun with pvp, mouseover macros works fine i havent seen any evidence as i said earlier that supports your claim of it being really bad for people to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caersan View Post
    What if the OP doesnt want to become as pro as you, would appear to be? and just want a bit of fun with pvp, mouseover macros works fine i havent seen any evidence as i said earlier that supports your claim of it being really bad for people to use.
    Better handling = better play = more fun?

I always advice to the best posseble way. Mouseover to do anything does not belong in there.

Deleted
    Better handling = better play = more fun?

I always advice to the best posseble way. Mouseover to do anything does not belong in there.
    But aint that your view of point, as i said give me something that says from more then yourself that mouseover macros suck and i might agree with you, some people like to play the game the way they want to, will they reach 2k+ rating, no will they care about that most likely not as they are having fun just pvping

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    I would like to hear someone at 3k rating commenting this. Tab-targetting all the totems instead of mouseover felflame to get those specific totems
    If you're going to be snide, at least know what the highest rated teams are actually at.

IE: No one is past 2700 in the US.

Some people...
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Clique does what you want.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Mousing over to do anything at all in pvp is BAD. Plain and simple. Use your mouse to move, not for anything else.
    I can agree it is in general bad in arena, but where your arena 123 macro's don't work, it's fine (random bg eg). Especially for ranged abilities since tabbing through doesn't work that well when there are a lot of potential targets.

Especially for the lock, mouseover is probably the best as I think he disabled totems from tab targeting (like i did).
    And most of the time good mouseover macro's just work on your target if you're busy using mouse for steering and you don't have a mouseover.

But you are right you shouldn't be too dependant on it, it is nice to have it in addition.

I have mouseover for shocks in random bg and just a put on focus mouseover which both work on target if i don't have a mouseover.
    In arena i tried having everything target arena123 but was asking to much focus remembering who is who in each game from me (we're mostly not sober >.<) so i went back to focus arena123 and just focus macro's

Personally I would go with tabbing amongst player targets only, and leaving totems/pets to be handled by mouseovers.
    There are addons which will switch the behaviour back to all targets in non-pvp environments.

A mouseover allows you to dictate the target immediately while tab-targeting might take multiple attempts, and assuming the target is even in front of you at the time.

I'm afraid that it is. I also have a razer naga.
    Razer Naga is bad ... !

Mouseover macros can be good if you got sick mouse skills like pro CS players and can be done with it fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Personally I would go with tabbing amongst player targets only, and leaving totems/pets to be handled by mouseovers.
    There are addons which will switch the behaviour back to all targets in non-pvp environments.

A mouseover allows you to dictate the target immediately while tab-targeting might take multiple attempts, and assuming the target is even in front of you at the time.
    Tabbing totems has never let me down since it always targets the nearest one. I can see this being an issue for ranged classes if you aren't quick enough though.

The only thing i ever use mouseover for is my tricks, and only when playing with strangers. My tricks macro is setup in such a way that it prefers a certain person first, then my target, then my focus, and if all of those are hostile/nonexistant targets it will go at my mouseover. Aka, last line of defense method on a sub-important ability.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Mouseover macros can be good if you got sick mouse skills like pro CS players and can be done with it fast enough.
    They really can't. There is no way you are ever going to be as effecient as you could be not using them.

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover]Blind

Bind this to whatever key you want and you will be able to blind someone with just mouseovering him and pressing this button. Thats the most you can do with mouseover.

Aka, last line of defense method on a sub-important ability.[COLOR="red"]
    ...sub-important ability? 15% bonus is a game changing difference when coordinating burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    ...sub-important ability? 15% bonus is a game changing difference when coordinating burst.
    You don't coordinate burst in a random BG. You just burst.

Mouseover macros are usually bad because they either require you to keep mousing over people and not running/clicking spells/whatever it's priority, and they are not controllable as focus macros are, since you can "mouseover" accidentally unwanted targets and waste cd's or the gcd, or you will either have to constantly be focused on not mouseovering people, which takes away the focus you should allocate to other stuff as well.
    Only mouseover utilities i can think of that would be ok would be something spammable alot, dispels, heals or even wand shooting.

Deleted
    I personally macro many abilities to work as
    -1. focus-if-modifier-pressed
    -2. mouseover
    -3. normally
    Macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use ability
    [@focus, mod:ctrl] [@mouseover] [ ]
    And focus by tapping my mouse scroll
    -1. mouseover
    -2. normally aka current target
    Macro:
    Code:
    /focus [@mouseover, exists] [@target]
    How do top players do all these targeting things? I have seen bashing towards this mechanic, but not so much about better alternatives to it.

Deleted
    Geez I didn't expect there to be such a big discussion out of this. Anyways thanks for all the help, I am just fooling around at around 1700 rating, so I still have a lot to learn. Gladius was perfect for me, being able to just right click target and then blinding them was nice and after that sapping them with mouse click 3 without having to switch targets made life a lot eassier for me in arena and is definitely an improvement. Whether this is the best or not, I do not know, but it has definitely made me play faster and better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    I personally macro many abilities to work as
    -1. focus-if-modifier-pressed
    -2. mouseover
    -3. normally
    Macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use ability
    [@focus, mod:ctrl] [@mouseover] [ ]
    And focus by tapping my mouse scroll
    -1. mouseover
    -2. normally aka current target
    Macro:
    Code:
    /focus [@mouseover, exists] [@target]

How do top players do all these targeting things? I have seen bashing towards this mechanic, but not so much about better alternatives to it.
    Make a macro for each of @arena123 respectively.

Deleted
    Make a macro for each of @arena123 respectively.
    Alright... do you have modifiers on each ability (like shift+ability goes to arena1, ctrl+ability goes to arena2, alt+ability goes to arena3) or do you have completely different keybinds for @arena123?

And how do you do outside of arena?

Thanks for answers.
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-06-05 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright... do you have modifiers on each ability (like shift+ability goes to arena1, ctrl+ability goes to arena2, alt+ability goes to arena3) or do you have completely different keybinds for @arena123?
    Modifiers, alt shift and regular.

And how do you do outside of arena?
    I have addon's to change around quickly, so when i don't do arena i just turn back to target and focus macro's only.