Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Mif, what would we do without you linking us all these cool stuff, from cookies to lore videos?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How far back does he start this? At the human mitigation to Tyria or earlier?
    Judging by the index I assume he's primarily covering GW1 onwards.

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Mif, what would we do without you
    You'd probably get to actually eat your cookies. What a horrible thought D:

Hmm. So it's Prophecies then? I do see the Destroyers and 250 on that flow chart... interesting. I will give these a look.

Oh, Great Dwarf too. So GWEN as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    gwen? that perma pms bitch that I wanted to strangulate everytime her mouth opened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    gwen? that perma pms bitch that I wanted to strangulate everytime her mouth opened?
    GWEN = Guild Wars Eye of the north

And Gwen was awesome, she didn't take any crap from kitties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You'd probably get to actually eat your cookies. What a horrible thought D:
    It's ok, I'm willing to give up my cookies for great stuff, even if they're the best thing in existance *hides cake and pies behind a rock*.

I was such a lore nerd with wow, this guy is my hero.

Awesome xD Just made my early morning coffee and find this.
    Oh yeaa....and I have digestive biscuits. I'm so having my cookie and eating it!

Thanks for the videos, keep those updates coming as he posts them. I am enjoying the lore, I have been really wanting to play Guild Wars 1 and it's expansions but I know that I don't have time to go through everything story wise. He is explaining things in a very clear way that I can understand. I played during release some 7 or so years ago and again maybe 5 years ago but I could never break the WoW habit. My wife and I are passing on playing GW1 and catching up on co op xbox games instead up until GW2 launch.

just a quick questions , are these vids in any way spoilers to the Edge of destiny and ghosts of ascallon books ? coz am currently reading EoD and going for GoA afterwards

am actualy reading them to learn about the lore but till now Eod seems like a good read
    and if u can point me to more lore (and cookies :P ) i would greatly appreciate it

Thanks for the vids of course

No, based on the first 2 vids.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post
    just a quick questions , are these vids in any way spoilers to the Edge of destiny and ghosts of ascallon books ? coz am currently reading EoD and going for GoA afterwards

am actualy reading them to learn about the lore but till now Eod seems like a good read
    and if u can point me to more lore (and cookies :P ) i would greatly appreciate it

Thanks for the vids of course
    No, they will not be.

A note though, EoD and GoA are really great for developing the back story for the races. Especially GoA.

Not until maybe episode 7 will there be any possible spoilers for u....by which time ul have finished the books.

Great allrdy watched the 1st

love the lore , realy makes a difference while playing hope he get all 9 vids up before the game actually comes , though i wont mind the game being released before hes finished :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Part 3

Wow, that took a long time coming out. I forgot all about the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the videos

Never played the first game so I need to catch up with the lore, and unfortunetly don't have much time at the moment due to college exams. Thank you very much : )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I have a feeling this one is gonna confuse the hell out of everyone who hasn't played Prophesies. It was way to much information crammed into one short video and as a result the narrative didn't flow quite as well as in the previous vids. I'm still very gad he's doing this series though, it's a great refresher course for me since it's been several years since I last completed that campaign and I hope he will finish the series before GW2 is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    These videos are really great, and I'm anticipating the rest of them. The lore seems interesting and I'd like to know all I can without investing the money and time into GW1 if you know what I mean. I've delved into the wiki a bit, but it doesn't help too much because it's a bit more of a hunt and peck for information and then trying to fit it all together because it's not chronological. Can anyone give me a good source to a linear guide to the lore that is supplemental to the video series?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I have a feeling this one is gonna confuse the hell out of everyone who hasn't played Prophesies. It was way to much information crammed into one short video and as a result the narrative didn't flow quite as well as in the previous vids. I'm still very gad he's doing this series though, it's a great refresher course for me since it's been several years since I last completed that campaign and I hope he will finish the series before GW2 is released.
    I haven't touched Guild Wars 1 at all, and I understood it just fine. I actually quite enjoyed it. Of course, I've had the benefit of spending a little time jumping around on the wiki reading a couple of things, but I don't think it will be too hard for anyone to grasp if they watched the other two videos.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.