Thread: Yes, yes, yes!

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Yes, yes, yes!

Currently, a 5 combo rupture can easily be outhealed by a level 60.
    Rupture hit harder at level 80, during ulduar.

Rupture can easily be outhealed by a level 60 in bad gear.

Blizzard is finally fixing rupture it seems.

"We agree that Rupture would feel better as a button to push if it rewarded you with better damage. That's something we're looking at."

YES YES YES!

10+ Year Old Account
    AMG, am I dreaming? :O:O

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I don't even play a rogue, and yet this pleases me... GREATLY!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Dont keep your hopes up..

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Fixing much probably means "we'll find a way to make you use rupture even if it does crap damage".

Look at assassination, i think it will be something on the line.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Fixing much probably means "we'll find a way to make you use rupture even if it does crap damage".

Look at assassination, i think it will be something on the line.
    even if it is something along that lines, venomous wounds was a decent chunk of damage.

So much Daniel Bryan in this thread, lol.

rupture for assassination was decent damage with venomous wounds but it really shined with uptime = venom procs = more energy back.

They just deleted Hemo from Sanguinary Vein.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They just deleted Hemo from Sanguinary Vein.
    To make Sub rogues stop getting it for free in PvP in MoP. As an alternative, just do a 1CP Rupture or CT. Problem solved.

Back to OP:
    If you're talking about Combat, I'd love to have a reason to use Rupture in PvE. Maybe giving Rupture the chance to make Crimson Tempest proc? (ala instant Slam for Fury warriors) It'd turn Combat into full-fledged AoE monsters instead of "good at cleaving".
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    It'd turn Combat into full-fledged AoE monsters instead
    And that is exactly the problem, Combat will have insane sustained AoE damage as well as being able to cleave ridiculously well. Unless of course, the proc rate is terrible.

I'm personally already drooling over the new Fan of Knives changes, Deadly Poison not having to stack anymore and getting the ability Crimson Tempest.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    "good at cleaving"
    Combat's cleave is insanely strong and by far the best in the game. I personally think the model we have now is completely OP and I would like to see a giant nerf to Blade Flurry.

Deleted
    I didn't quite follow you there, I understood the quote but other than that I'm like wtf did I just read?

Deleted
    When I saw the title it instantly got my attention to post this!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    I didn't quite follow you there, I understood the quote but other than that I'm like wtf did I just read?
    Right here from the OP

"We agree that Rupture would feel better as a button to push if it rewarded you with better damage. That's something we're looking at."

Deleted
    Huh? Mind if I ask for the source of that quote? And when/who made that statement?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Huh? Mind if I ask for the source of that quote? And when/who made that statement?
    Front page - GC

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    1) Sang Vein change to exclude hemo: Currently this SUB ONLY buff excluded hemo….which is SUB's REPLACEMENT for SS. I find it very odd that a spec specific buff would exclude the only spec specific bleed it has.
    Honor Among Thieves generates a lot of combo points, so we think having multiple finishers is appropriate, so we want Rupture to be used in the rotation. Sang Vein being used only on Hemo, while convenient, meant Rupture could be skipped over easily. We understand that this has PvP ramifications and we're prepared to buff if necessary, which in this case I think is likely. Note that it is much harder for us to predict PvP damage compared to PvE damage, so it requires a lot more testing and player feedback. (Also note that most classes do have a significant gap between PvE and PvP damage, and that's fine.) We agree that Rupture would feel better as a button to push if it rewarded you with better damage. That's something we're looking at.

Deleted
    My reaction:

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post

Blizzard is finally fixing rupture it seems.

YES YES YES!
    They've used that line many times before and nothing useful came of it many of the times. So I'll wait until I see what they really do as rupture would need a 500% buff to be a real dot with its current terrible dmg

I thought this was going to be a thread about M. Bison, oh well :-C There goes my hopes.
    "Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found."
    By a forum member "Membrane"