Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Skillshot Global Ultimates I don't mind because at least they have to aim and they are great for those people who are running away.
    My problem is KARTHUS. I swear, everytime ONE enemy runs away with the least of health, they cast requiem and end up getting triple/quadra/pentakills.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Them KSing with it means your team end up with more gold, and an extra 300g on the AD carry. Its pretty damn good if an Ezreal KSs a kill with it.
    Pretty much this ... you should be happy when AD or AP carry gets fed, you should actually let them get the kill, not cry KS KS.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    If you mean Karthus ult I agree somewhat.

But AD carry ult like Ezreals or Ashe's? Come onnn!!!! Do you know how much luck it requires to shoot such a thing and actually hit somebody with it from another lane?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You're talking about a case of deliberate kill stealing. How can an Ashe/Ez ulti deliberately steal a kill if it's fired from all the way on the other side of the map?
    The ease of landing a skillshot is irrelevant really.

If the enemy champion would have died 1v1 without your help... then you have fired it off with 1 purpose and 1 purpose only... to steal the kill... and thats bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post

If the enemy champion would have died 1v1 without your help... then you have fired it off with 1 purpose and 1 purpose only... to steal the kill... and thats bullshit.
    No, just no. With the 7-10 seconds it takes for the ultimate to cross the map, you have no idea if it's going to steal the kill, get an assist or even miss completely. You can't predict the timing and movement of the enemy enough that you can use the ultimate purely for a killsteal. Especially from cross map.

You're joking right? There's no way you could calculate if you'd have killed that person alone until after the kill. You fail to count variables such as reinforcements, getting away & luck (crits, hitting/missing skillshots).

If the ulti has been fired off during the fighting then it's only going to help you.

Also, how in the fucking world would you know what a person is thinking when he/she is firing that ulti? Don't make it all black & white where everyone that tries to help you is intending to steal 'your' kill.

It's been said so many times already and I will say it again, a kill confirmed is a kill confirmed. All that's left is those annoying whiners that cry about not getting a killing blow in a team game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah noticed a lot of people are forgetting the OP mentioned the person using the ulti is just sitting in the base doing nothing else. If they're being productive and using it to help others WHILE doing something other than sitting at the base then more power to them though.

Imo, Karthus' ability to kill steal is a huge advantage. Karthus is one of the most powerful champions in the game when fed, easily right up there with Vayne and Jax. Why wouldn't you want him taking as many kills as possible? The more fed he gets the better late game you have. I would rather have a fed Karthus over almost any ranged AD or bruiser.

I mean, even a fed Jax or Vayne can be shut down if they get even slightly out of position in a team fight, if enough CC and burst are applied. Karthus just has to push E and run at the other team while mashing W and Q on CD. Then when he dies, ult, blammo, enemy team explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Imo, Karthus' ability to kill steal is a huge advantage. Karthus is one of the most powerful champions in the game when fed, easily right up there with Vayne and Jax. Why wouldn't you want him taking as many kills as possible? The more fed he gets the better late game you have. I would rather have a fed Karthus over almost any ranged AD or bruiser.

I mean, even a fed Jax or Vayne can be shut down if they get even slightly out of position in a team fight, if enough CC and burst are applied. Karthus just has to push E and run at the other team while mashing W and Q on CD. Then when he dies, ult, blammo, enemy team explodes.
    Even funnier with zombie karthus. Lets all focus karthus, he dies, passives up, phew, he's finally dead. Oh shit, hes back on full health. What the fuck? Kill him again. Shit another fucking passive? Omg so OP why did we just have to kill him 4 times?
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Deleted

First of all the person can´t know who will win the fight, either way it´s good for the team. Mayeb you should play this game for other reasons than showing your E-peen by having as many kills as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    First of all the person can´t know who will win the fight, either way it´s good for the team. Mayeb you should play this game for other reasons than showing your E-peen by having as many kills as possible.
    Ironic considering thats exactly what the jerk is doing who's launching their ult for the sole purpose of maxing KBs.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 02:13 PM ----------

I guess my mindset is, IF you were really concerned with being helpful... not only would you blast your ult... but you would also make some sort of effort to head the direction of the fight/team fight... instead of doing your own thing... or heading the opposite direction.

My opinion is that no amount of damage from one ultimate is needed to secure a kill. If I needed that small amount of damage, then I needed YOU, your presence and the rest of your abilities there as well.

Also some of you are describing situations where an enemy champion has gotten away from teammate and gone behind enemy lines (otherwise unreachable) and then applying a skill shot to finish off a champ... (which is an entirely different situation) because in this situation an assist is better than no kill at all.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 02:24 PM ----------

You're joking right? There's no way you could calculate if you'd have killed that person alone until after the kill. You fail to count variables such as reinforcements, getting away & luck (crits, hitting/missing skillshots).

If the ulti has been fired off during the fighting then it's only going to help you.

Also, how in the fucking world would you know what a person is thinking when he/she is firing that ulti? Don't make it all black & white where everyone that tries to help you is intending to steal 'your' kill.

It's been said so many times already and I will say it again, a kill confirmed is a kill confirmed. All that's left is those annoying whiners that cry about not getting a killing blow in a team game.
    First you don't have to be a mind reader to know relatively early on what motivates/what type of players your teammates are.

Second in regards to your calculations of variables such as reinforcements, getting away & luck (crits, hitting/missing skillshots).

If it didn't land, didn't help teammate get away, didn't lead to a kill, then it would quite a waste of an ultimate, would you not agree? So why do it? (The hope that maybe... just maybe, you'll get a kill off it) Just save it for when you decide to actively contribute.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2012-06-06 at 09:27 PM.

I guess my mindset is, IF you were really concerned with being helpful... not only would you blast your ult... but you would also make some sort of effort to head the direction of the fight/team fight... instead of doing your own thing... or heading the opposite direction.
    Describe "instead of doing your own thing". That easily could've involved plenty of situations that didn't allow the person to be in the team fight, be it his fault for whatever reason it might be, or the teams fault of progressing too far into the map without waiting for their ad carry.

My opinion is that no amount of damage from one ultimate is needed to secure a kill. If I needed that small amount of damage, then I needed YOU, your presence and the rest of your abilities there as well.
    Come back and say that when you fight any champion and feel like raging at your team for not assisting you because you died and the enemy survived with 200-500 hp.

Also some of you are describing situations where an enemy champion has gotten away from teammate and gone behind enemy lines (otherwise unreachable) and then applying a skill shot to finish off a champ... (which is an entirely different situation) because in this situation an assist is better than no kill at all.
    And you are not anticipating the chances of this happening when those shots are not fired. These situations are also mostly followed by rage 'because nobody helped me'.

----

But okay, lets say that you do have a no gooder on your team that constantly successfully kill stealing your kills with his ulti (seriously, has this ever happened to you?), sitting around base..

You report him, ignore him, and hope you get a normal person on your team next time. I really don't see why you'd have to make a thread about a random troll while there is a whole fucking multi-page thread for these kind of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only plausible cause for concern about these ults is if the person in question is intentionally feeding the enemy, and then uses a global ult to get a kill, as getting a kill resets the gold value a player is worth for killing them.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

First you don't have to be a mind reader to know relatively early on what motivates/what type of players your teammates are.

Second in regards to your calculations of variables such as reinforcements, getting away & luck (crits, hitting/missing skillshots).

If it didn't land, didn't help teammate get away, didn't lead to a kill, then it would quite a waste of an ultimate, would you not agree? So why do it? (The hope that maybe... just maybe, you'll get a kill off it) Just save it for when you decide to actively contribute.
    Funny that you should mention the chance that it might not hit. Did you think of the chances that you might not survive the fight without?

Would be kind of a waste to go 1v1 with an enemy, die, and get him/her a kill. Would be better to decide to save that death for when you could actually sacrifice yourself for an Ace.

I find it disappointing that you're just disregarding anyones help just for the sake of discussion now. Oh well.

That's the strength of Karthus though! He can help secure kills without actually being there. This means he can keep farming, keep putting pressure on the enemy, or even move to take a different objective, such as a tower, dragon, or even baron if the situation is right. It's called global pressure, and it can be game changing, especially in tournament level play.

Also, Karthus ult is not a small amount of damage, and the more he gets fed the harder it hits. Many times I've seen a Karthus ult chunk an entire team for 40-70% of their hp, depending on champion of course.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny that you should mention the chance that it might not hit. Did you think of the chances that you might not survive the fight without?

Would be kind of a waste to go 1v1 with an enemy, die, and get him/her a kill. Would be better to decide to save that death for when you could actually sacrifice yourself for an Ace.

I find it disappointing that you're just disregarding anyones help just for the sake of discussion now. Oh well.
    I think it's pretty interesting that earlier in the thread you claimed that I was trying to change the situation when I clearly wasn't and was going off the exact statement of the OP, and now you're changing the scenario to fit a different outcome that finally fits your viewpoint, and really, everyone else. You're not really disagreeing with anyone in the thread but manipulating the scenarios that weren't even brought up so you can make a sensible argument. I mean, the OP even just stated if the player is making an effort to rejoin the fight, and you're still trying to argue with him.

In addition, you're also telling him to post in a rant thread, when it's not about a general bad game, but a bad player and unlimited range ultimates, when uni range ultimates does merit some discussion whether pertaining to this scenario or not.

I'm almost curious as to how often you play a carry, maybe that's why you seem so angry and can't make a coherent non-rude statement in every post in this thread.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2012-06-06 at 11:38 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I think it's pretty interesting that earlier in the thread you claimed that I was trying to change the situation when I clearly wasn't and was going off the exact statement of the OP, and now you're changing the scenario to fit a different outcome that finally fits your viewpoint, and really, everyone else. You're not really disagreeing with anyone in the thread but manipulating the scenarios that weren't even brought up so you can make a sensible argument. I mean, the OP even just stated if the player is making an effort to rejoin the fight, and you're still trying to argue with him.

In addition, you're also telling him to post in a rant thread, when it's not about a general bad game, but a bad player and unlimited range ultimates, when uni range ultimates does merit some discussion whether pertaining to this scenario or not.

I'm almost curious as to how often you play a carry, maybe that's why you seem so angry and can't make a coherent non-rude statement in every post in this thread.
    He opened the thread with an exaggerated situation which made it hard for anyone to take his rant serious. I've said this many times.

Earlier he said "My opinion is that no amount of damage from one ultimate is needed to secure a kill. If I needed that small amount of damage, then I needed YOU, your presence and the rest of your abilities there as well." - The point being here is that he never could've known if he had needed this damage or not for reasons I have told so earlier, reasons which he later on refuted with a 'what if' scenario, one as such that I made, which was funny, because it was also very contradictory as to what he was trying to prove which I show in the post you just quoted.

The reason I sent him to that thread is because it serves multiple types of rants. Not just about a whole game, but also about bad teams/members.

I'm curious as to why you think it's relevant why I play a carry often or not. I seem angry because it appears to be harder than I had imagined to bring about a simple point in a seriously stupid discussion (seriously, I don't even know why I or anyone is still discussing this topic). I've seen plenty of passive-aggressive things in your posts as well so don't get started on that please.

Some people try to paint things too black and white here.

If someone blasts his ultimate from his lane/base, when his teammates are perfectly fine and the enemy is at very low health and within reach of them, that might be classified as jerk-ish.
    Otherwise, global ultimates are a good way to be able to make a presence in a fight when you can't be there, or get there in time.

Dunno why people are making this into such a big deal.

Deleted
    Love to snipe people who are fleeing and/or have succesfully escaped. With Ezreal I mean. Best ulti ever... Also stole Baron with it once.

But stealing Baron is hard, damage done on Baron fluctuates and with a 1 second channel....it's very hard to time. The one time I stole it was from base and was lucky....

Had a great laugh last night in 3's as Draven, Fiona and Blitz were low from the team fight, Kas was just leaving..

Out comes my beautiful ulti for a triple, Feels so great knowing i can use it to snipe runners.