Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Oh god, now Spider-Man... The whiniest of whiny superheroes :x

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh god, now Spider-Man... The whiniest of whiny superheroes :x
    Not Andrew Garfield's version, he's the super-sarcastic, cocky, wind-up merchant from the more recent comics style. Tobey McGuire was the qq festival champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Not Andrew Garfield's version, he's the super-sarcastic, cocky, wind-up merchant from the more recent comics style. Tobey McGuire was the qq festival champion.
    Which I'm thankful for.
    I liked Tobey's version, but he always lacked the attitude you often see Peter with in the comics.

From the trailers of The Amazing Spider-Man, it appears that Andrew's version is bringing that back, which I am so happy about.

I'm a shameless Marvel fangirl, admittedly, and even if Andrew didn't have exactly the same attitude as Peter in the comics, it's not like I wouldn't go to see the new movie, nor would I not be excited about him potentially joining the Avengers.
    Of course I'm gonna be excited for any version of any superhero movie that is brought out, but..I am so god-damn thankful that Andrew appears to be bringing back the attitude that made Spiderman one of my favourite superheroes of all time.

On the topic of Iron Man 3, though..I'm so excited for it, I just want to curl up in a corner and not move until it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    because there's NO way he could be talking about either of the first two movies.... nope... no chance AT all.
    Check their other posts.
    Doesn't exactly seem legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    NEW INFO!

Potential spoilers surrounding the production of Iron Man 3 should come as no surprise, especially with nearly a month of filming completed. And as it progresses, anonymous tipsters have shared details for an action scene that’ll be shot this week, along with a scene already shot hinting at the inevitable “romance” in the movie.

One tipster says that the production crew have built- recreated the famous Grauman’s Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard over at the National Gypsum in Wilmington, North Carolina, where the bulk of filming takes place. The tispster goes on to say the scenes will involve combat of some sorts, with the extras in the scene being tourists; some costumed as “injured tourists”. This night shoot will undergo Thursday & Friday.

A permit for this very shoot was issued to Wilmington last week, where it states that three actors will be present, along with 91 extras. Adding legitimacy to the tipster’s claim, the permit also vaguely declared that the shoot will include “exterior building scenes involving special effects and stunts.”

In regards to the potential ‘love triangle,’, another tipster offers that Pepper Potts actress Gwyneth Paltrow recently shot a rather romantic scene with villain Aldrich Killian actor Guy Pearce. As showcased in The Avengers, Tony Stark and Pepper are in a “committed” relationship. So, will things getting rocky between them be considered a subplot to the anticipated threequel? Let's not forgot that The Town actress Rebecca Hall is playing a "sexy scientist," likely Maya Hansen in the film. A love rectangle perhaps?

(source)

Last edited by Teramelle; 2012-06-14 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    I liked Tobey's version, but he always lacked the attitude you often see Peter with in the comics.
    Spider-Man does have an attitude, Peter Parker does not.

Granted I stopped reading Marvel years ago, who knows how the character is written these days. I remember with Bendis writing both the 16-year old Ultimate Peter Parker and the ~30 years old regular MU Peter sounded the same.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Spider-Man does have an attitude, Peter Parker does not.

Granted I stopped reading Marvel years ago, who knows how the character is written these days. I remember with Bendis writing both the 16-year old Ultimate Peter Parker and the ~30 years old regular MU Peter sounded the same.
    Well, I think recently Peter does sometimes display the same attitude as Spider-Man though usually only when he's talking to Tony or Coulson.
    I usually just associate them with having the same attitude, since they ARE the same person, after all. Only reason he switches between them is because he has to obviously keep up the act that he's not actually Spider-Man. (Though, I suppose that means nothing in the Civil War storyline. Not finished reading it all yet, but after he unmasks himself live on TV, I doubt he'd have to keep up any act. Though even then, joking would have no part in it.)
    Wearing the Spider-Man suit just allows Peter to actually be a sarcastic, cocky guy because nobody knows who he is. (Obviously not counting the Civil War here.)

But yeah, you're right.
    However, the Ultimate universe? Ehhh..Don't ever take those for canon. They have the weirdest storylines and they literally tear apart the backstory of some characters.
    Heck, in the Ultimate universe, Red Skull is Captain America's father/son! (Can't remember which of the two. Haven't read Ultimates in a while.)

Iron Man 3 is a very awesome movie ........ I watch this movie many times....
    My friends are also like this movie .... I like the story of this movie ......
    Acting in this movie is really awesome...............

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemarie View Post
    Iron Man 3 is a very awesome movie ........ I watch this movie many times....
    My friends are also like this movie .... I like the story of this movie ......
    Acting in this movie is really awesome...............
    Troll?

OT: I am anticipating Iron Man 3 pretty much, he is definitely one of the most unique superheroes. Besides, the acting crew is stunning.

10+ Year Old Account
    First official concept art has been released!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    The colours are a bit different from how it actually appears in the comics.

At first glance I did think that, before I realised it must be the Iron Patriot suit, even though the colouring was slightly different.
    Looks like he's smuggling a softball between his legs there. Also how does one store an iron man suit in his body...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    Looks like he's smuggling a softball between his legs there. Also how does one store an iron man suit in his body...?
    BAHAHAHA omg okay thanks for pointing that out now

cannot unsee

As for the suit, basically it's nanotechnology. I haven't read through the Extremis storyline yet - I have the comics, I've just been busy.

However, I'm planning to read it tomorrow - or soon, at least. I'll get back to you on that one.

If anyone happens to have read the storyline already, I suppose you could answer that question!

I'm excited to see how it'll be done in the actual movie though - perhaps he might even get parts of the Iron Man suit attached to him; curiously, the concept art looks like he's done just that, but of course, it's speculation for now.

I don't have the comics, but if you're interested (and have Netflix), there's an animated (cell-shaded) version of In Extremis. I'm not a fan of the style, but I wanted to watch the story.
    I'm fairly interested to see if they really do a film-ish (as it looks like some things will be different) version of Extremis.

10+ Year Old Account
    THE NEW IRON MAN ARMOR HAS BEEN SHOWN FOR THE FIRST TIME!

It's now on display at Comic-Con, along with all the previous armors!

So; a rather different look, I guess. Mostly gold in the suit this time. I don't like the colouring as much as the others, however, it's growing on me already. And hey, after all, it's the functionality of the suit that matters; kicking ass is no fashion contest!

EDIT: Here's a shot of the back of it, if you're interested.
    Last edited by Teramelle; 2012-07-14 at 05:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it all really depends on how close they stick to the extremis arc. Again, I'm cool with some of the armor merging with his body, but I don't want the extremis to turn Tony's brain into a supercomputer.

10+ Year Old Account
    From SDCC Iron Man 3 Footage:
    The final big set piece was when a bunch of helicopters with rocket launchers come and destroy Tony’s giant house, causing it to tumble into the sea. Tony gets into the Iron Man armor in time, but Pepper Potts is also caught in the disaster. And Tony watches all his spare Iron Man suits blowing up one by one. Tony is flung out into the water and carried down by the undertow. Over this, the voice of the Mandarin says, “Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: Heroes. There is no such thing. As you cry out for mercy, you will be silenced.”

There were also quick snippets of other stuff. Tony sitting on the couch in his Iron Man armor, as Pepper Potts comes into his house, and she kisses him and holds him while he’s still wearing the armor. We also see Guy Pearce, playing Aldrich Killian, and he too is kissing Pepper Potts. Also, we glimpse Maya Hansen (Rebecca Hall), looking sad. Also, we see War Machine’s brand new red-white-and-blue armor.

There’s a chain, going onto a swordhilt. And a group of government officials looking concerned as they witness some carnage taking place, at the hands of that terrorist. And Pepper Potts holding a ruined Iron Man helmet in the rubble.
    - source -

i literally do not know what my emotions are doing right now
    i just did a big keyboard smashing post on tumblr
    because
    i'm
    struggling right now
    to process this all

excitement
    and
    a lot of fear

it sounds like it's gonna be amazing but
    i'm genuinely terrified as to what is going on there