10+ Year Old Account

What's it like today?

I played in beta up until the very end when the beta client versions I was playing began to eliminate creativity and customization. To be specific, they had reduced armor designs to 1 or 2 styles per class per every 10-levels or so. This was basically where I decided the game no longer interested me and wasn't worth the purchase or the sub. That aside, their "flashpoints" were largely unfinished and much of the questing content was highly repetitive with a lot of grind(such as the Bonus Series: Kill 40 MORE droids!). I'm bored with running Dragon Soul at the moment and have some spare cash, so I'm curious about how the game actually turned out after it launched(I also had to move around launch time so I couldn't play for a month or so anyway).

So, is gearing diverse or limited?
    How did the mid-game flashpoints turn out? Are there more of flashpoints in general?(I recall about 6 total by the time beta ended)
    Is it still just as grindy or has XP been adjusted since beta to spread things out more?
    I hear there are only a few servers with high population?
    I actually enjoyed the rail-shooter space deal, but the missions were repetitive, is there some more diversity there?
    Website says they finally got the Legacy system in, how's it working out?
    Supposedly the game has end-game raids, but I never hear anything about them. Anything good there?

Other than that I tried browsing the "state of the game" topic but it really wasn't giving me the answers I wanted.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Seems like most of what you are looking for could be found in patch notes.

There is more gear, but I am not sure what you are looking for here.
    They added two more flashpoints, but they are level 50.
    XP hasn't been adjusted that I am aware of, but I find leveling extremely far from grindy.
    Not yet, they haven't added anything to space yet. But rumor has it there will be a space expac coming with space PvP and space Operations.
    I like it, not sure what you are looking for again here.
    Again, I enjoy them, but I am not sure what you expect to get out of asking this.

Can't answer your questions on what the game is like now, but the bonus quests are ridiculously repetitive. "You just killed 10 guys? Great, now go back to that place and collect 10 suitcases while they're respawning! You could've done these two quests at the same time, but nah. Have fun."
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So, is gearing diverse or limited?
    Kind of limited, but it is about to get as diverse as possible in the game. Coming in 1.3, you will be able to add augment slots to any item in the game. What this means is that if you like the look of any set of armor, it can become instantly end game viable. You can swap out the pieces on top end gear to that cool looking orange set you got at level 20 and raid in it perfectly fine without any downside.

How did the mid-game flashpoints turn out? Are there more of flashpoints in general?(I recall about 6 total by the time beta ended)
    I don't really run FPs, because I don't need to, but they have added more. They are also adding a carrot for higher end players in the form of comms like you see in WoW for running heroics. This should help pick up the number of people running them.

Is it still just as grindy or has XP been adjusted since beta to spread things out more?
    I haven't heard of any experience changes. Though, you can usually end up skipping a planet (or maybe two) and just doing the class quests there depending on the rested xp you have and the other areas of the game you participate in.

I hear there are only a few servers with high population?
    That is accurate. However, server mergers and transfers are coming.

I actually enjoyed the rail-shooter space deal, but the missions were repetitive, is there some more diversity there?
    None as of yet, but there is something big in the works for space.

Website says they finally got the Legacy system in, how's it working out?
    It is alright. It is largely fluff and isn't all that important, but it adds another fun dimension.

Supposedly the game has end-game raids, but I never hear anything about them. Anything good there?
    The first two were okay, but a little easy. The latest one is more difficult and the nightmare difficulty should be coming out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Can't answer your questions on what the game is like now, but the bonus quests are ridiculously repetitive. "You just killed 10 guys? Great, now go back to that place and collect 10 suitcases while they're respawning! You could've done these two quests at the same time, but nah. Have fun."
    While not exactly entertaining, they are entirely optional. I ignored a great number of these on multiple occasions because I wanted to move on. Though, doing them rewards you with a nice chunk of xp for not all that much time investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Kind of limited, but it is about to get as diverse as possible in the game. Coming in 1.3, you will be able to add augment slots to any item in the game. What this means is that if you like the look of any set of armor, it can become instantly end game viable. You can swap out the pieces on top end gear to that cool looking orange set you got at level 20 and raid in it perfectly fine without any downside.
    This was in the early beta builds, but removed under the auspices of being "too confusing". I'm glad to hear they're adding it back in, it was IMO, one of the defining aspects of the game.

That is accurate. However, server mergers and transfers are coming.
    Mergers are seriously on the way? Sounds good. 120 for a new game was IMO, far too much.

None as of yet, but there is something big in the works for space.
    Sounds good.

It is alright. It is largely fluff and isn't all that important, but it adds another fun dimension.
    That's all I was really expecting back in beta. I was just looking for some personal input from people who'd experienced it. How does the dialog work out for races not normally on a given faction?

The first two were okay, but a little easy. The latest one is more difficult and the nightmare difficulty should be coming out soon.
    In terms of WoW raids, what would you say would be their closest corollary? I don't have a lot of time to raid to difficulty isn't a big deal one way or the other for me, I'm just curious what their quality is like.

While not exactly entertaining, they are entirely optional. I ignored a great number of these on multiple occasions because I wanted to move on. Though, doing them rewards you with a nice chunk of xp for not all that much time investment.
    In beta I recall the XP for bonus quests usually being about 1/10th of the XP for actually killing the mobs. I ran the math once and an at-level bonus quest rewarded something like 500xp per mob, which you needed to kill 20 of, and then like 2k for completion. It was often more efficient just to grind.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was in the early beta builds, but removed under the auspices of being "too confusing". I'm glad to hear they're adding it back in, it was IMO, one of the defining aspects of the game.
    They did improve the mod system alot from what was in beta, and they have been continuing to expand and improve it with each major patch release thus far.

Mergers are seriously on the way? Sounds good. 120 for a new game was IMO, far too much.
    I think I read that there are 200+ servers total. Bioware did go a bit too far with the number of servers at release.

That's all I was really expecting back in beta. I was just looking for some personal input from people who'd experienced it. How does the dialog work out for races not normally on a given faction?
    I'm not sure what you mean about the dialog, but inserting the new character models into the existing cut scenes was never really a problem since since all the rendering of your character is done on the fly. Voice acting is done by a class/gender case so the new races have no effect on the dialog at all.

In terms of WoW raids, what would you say would be their closest corollary? I don't have a lot of time to raid to difficulty isn't a big deal one way or the other for me, I'm just curious what their quality is like.
    The first two operations (swtor raids) were fun but a little too easy even on the hardest modes, except for the last boss in Eternity Vault, but the most challenging thing with him was beating the bugs. All the bugs have since been fixed with original ops. The newest operation, Emerging Conflicts, is alot of fun and more difficult that the first two ops, even on story mode. I've found the new op to be really fun.

In beta I recall the XP for bonus quests usually being about 1/10th of the XP for actually killing the mobs. I ran the math once and an at-level bonus quest rewarded something like 500xp per mob, which you needed to kill 20 of, and then like 2k for completion. It was often more efficient just to grind.
    Most of the bonus quests don't make you go out of the way too much to complete them, for instance, you enter a cave and have to clear your way to the back, generally you will have finished the bonus by the time you get to the back of the cave. Although you might have to go down a side branch of a cave to pick up a straggler or two.

The multi-stage bonus quests can be a bit more grindy, but they provide better rewards and XP at the end. They give small amounts of bonus XP after completing a stage, and full quest XP plus credits, commendations and maybe an item for the final turn in.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as bonus series go, unless i am completely bored to death of said planet, they offer a nice chunk of xp (usually just enough get that last couple of bars i need to level up) plus a shiny new blue or orange piece of gear...especially the heroic ones.