Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Cat] are feral cats hard to dps with?

Surely they cant be hard like warlocks but people say they are hard to master. I play feral but havnt really got pve experience on it.

?

Deleted
    Well... yes and no.
    Sure Cats have a lot of things to keep in check = Mangle dot, Rip, Rake, SR, FF(F), but it's hell of a lot easier these days than it was e.g. WotLK (With the FF's uptime raised to 5 minutes and Mangle's to 1 min.). So the rotation really isn't THAT hard after an encounter or so (< won't deny that OFC it's hard for those starting kittens out there), just takes awhile to get used to.

Deleted
    It's can be hard getting into at first but in reality you just need to get used to it.
    Almost trivialized if you get a decent DoT timer.

Have you ever tried wielding a feral cat as a weapon, its extremely difficulty. Half the time they are clawing the heck out of your forearms.

And don't even ask about dual wielding feral cats, that's really hard to dps with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Have you ever tried wielding a feral cat as a weapon, its extremely difficulty. Half the time they are clawing the heck out of your forearms.

And don't even ask about dual wielding feral cats, that's really hard to dps with.
    easier than trying to dps with a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by furtality View Post
    easier than trying to dps with a bear.
    Obviously you never tried Ghost Wolf dps.

No its really easy now especially with being able to refresh rip with bite at 60% health.Unless you play an arcane mage or survival hunter for PvE then Feral should be a breeze and be super fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post

+1 defently!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    They used to be. Oh how I miss doing lv80-Naxx as feral. 1 wrong move and I was at the bottom of the DPS chart, but oh the glorious moments where the stars aligned and everything went flawlessly and my DPS shot through the roof.

Now it's meh. Sure, it's fun, you can do it right and you can do it wrong, but it's meh.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get an add on to show dots, its simple to do decent dps, as with lots of dps specs its still difficult to master.

15+ Year Old Account
    i used to like the hard dps stile, feiry fire was never an issue as you would use it whenever you where out of energy
    keeping mangle up was hard indeed but more fun if you had a warrior whit trauma

nowdays it stil requires a lot of attention but is not as hard anymore, however starting ferals might find it hard to keep SR / Rip up becase they try to use FB to often
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Don't think so

Personally, I never thought feral cats were hard to play. It was my favorite toon and main during the wotlk days. Maybe because I enjoyed it so much, I dident consider it a challenge to keep my rotation up. Also, trash in Naxx was so much fun to aoe, seemed swipe was OP for feral cats then.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkobiscardi View Post
    Also, trash in Naxx was so much fun to aoe, seemed swipe was OP for feral cats then.
    I don't recall thrash being available, nor kitties having swipe until closer to Ulduar release >.>

It seems daunting at first, but it'll become second nature. Every time I level a new class at 85 and try a different spec it looks difficult. But, understand what the rotation/priority is and it'll make sense and be easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragesfury View Post
    I don't recall thrash being available, nor kitties having swipe until closer to Ulduar release >.>
    i think he was talking about trash mobs, about swipe i dont know, i do know it was massive in ICC trash
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard Feral DPS will make its return in Expansion, im not looking forward to it and at the same time i do.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    Hard Feral DPS will make its return in Expansion, im not looking forward to it and at the same time i do.
    I think its gonna be fun again, not saying that feral dps is boring in its current state, but it required abit more skill i think back in woltk to manage good dps as a feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i think he was talking about trash mobs, about swipe i dont know, i do know it was massive in ICC trash
    Yeah we had swipe in Naxx after a while, it is one of my last memories before I quit for a good while, swiping the hell out of everything in there.

Feral is not the easiest spec to dps as. Its not as bad it was during the wrath JOHN FUCKING MADDEN phase.

[]http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyla View Post
    Well... yes and no.
    Sure Cats have a lot of things to keep in check = Mangle dot, Rip, Rake, SR, FF(F), but it's hell of a lot easier these days than it was e.g. WotLK (With the FF's uptime raised to 5 minutes and Mangle's to 1 min.). So the rotation really isn't THAT hard after an encounter or so (< won't deny that OFC it's hard for those starting kittens out there), just takes awhile to get used to.
    Addons do that for you, it's not hard at all.