Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just saw this on the official forums:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=471671
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6s...Wjg/edit?pli=1

Anybody able to make anything from it?

Seems to me this is going to become an expansion pack they talked about. And im not sure what to think of this. Could be we will see this far sooner holiday season 2012 anybody? And im not liking the fact that there seem to be multiple packages choises or are those going to become one of the mentioned packages /confused and /worried

This is by the way a survey from EA apparently meaning this are ideas EA is thinking about.

Look at this EA marketing survey leaked a couple weeks ago. It contains "packages" that can be purchase that include different content options. Every "package", includes three things announced today: level cap increase, new planet Makeb, and playable Cathar.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-06-06 at 02:42 PM.

Oh lord. EA being EA. Not making enough money from subs? No problem: retool the content patches as "packages" and sell it instead. Probably with a free pet too.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's disconcerting.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    I just saw this on the official forums:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=471671
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6s...Wjg/edit?pli=1

Anybody able to make anything from it?

Seems to me this is going to become an expansion pack they talked about. And im not sure what to think of this. Could be we will see this far sooner holiday season 2012 anybody? And im not liking the fact that there seem to be multiple packages choises or are those going to become one of the mentioned packages /confused and /worried

This is by the way a survey from EA apparently meaning this are ideas EA is thinking about.
    This has already been discussed at length, weeks ago, and it all boiled down to conjecture, assumptions, and contradictory opinions. Nobody knows what EA/BW is going to do. Pay $60 for an expansion or pay $10 for 6 patches worth of expansion-like content? Six of one, half a dozen of the other. We'll just have to see how it all pans out.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Oh lord. EA being EA. Not making enough money from subs? No problem: retool the content patches as "packages" and sell it instead. Probably with a free pet too.
    One big thing to notice on what was linked was the 90 days of free game time for purchasing it for $9.99. That is a win for the consumer more than it is for EA

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading all the comments and half of the other thread. I think bioware could play this out quite well if they wished. Lets say each patch would cost 10-20 euros, and offer a free to play game as a return. I wouldnt have much problem with that. What i would see as a problem is it being both and patch and per month pament.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    One big thing to notice on what was linked was the 90 days of free game time for purchasing it for $9.99. That is a win for the consumer more than it is for EA

Considering that sub cost is pure profit for them....this isnt really costing them much.

This is also a great way to show us "Hey, look at our subscription numbers this quarter" regardless if anyone actually decides to continue or not.

EA is being EA (WTS PROTHIANS LAWL). Any veteran gamer can point that out.
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2012-06-06 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    It was only an option, the other two were 2-3x more expensive. They haven't decided yet.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Seems more like a blizzard tactic to me. Cept they don't even do it for low subs they just do it to sucker die hard fans out of more money.

Looks really good. Let's see if it lives up.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Seems more like a blizzard tactic to me. Cept they don't even do it for low subs they just do it to sucker die hard fans out of more money.
    You think Blizzard does this sort of thing more then EA? That is quite funny.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go ahead and close this since we have the official 1.3 thread up and another about character transfers. Feel free to continue discussion in those threads.

Patch 1.3 Patch Notes
    Looking foreward at features to be added to SWTOR
    Character Transfers
    Last edited by Dakia; 2012-06-06 at 07:38 PM.