Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    First boss of BT wasn't immediately solo for me. My ilvl is 389 as enhance. I only tried once before I realized that I couldn't break the shield solo. Has anybody else actually done him solo to open the rest of BT or just duo'd for the sake of getting to the other bosses?
    I believe he's impossible without bugging him with a resetting ability (Vanish, Feign death, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

That makes sense. I did no research on him before trying it out. I never got up to BT back when it was current, so a few minutes in I was like "Nope". Right now I have been just touring outlands to see what I can do. I started gearing enhance a few months ago (I was always resto or ele before) and it has been fun to kill things as a dps instead of a tank class.

So far I'm thinking Kael'thas will be a fun goal to shoot for. I am still practicing the timing. I have gotten to phase 4 but I am not killing the adds fast enough. I think it has everything to do with being surprised. The stuns catch me with my pants down so far.

I've done a handful of bosses in Hyjal myself when going for tier tokens for xmog. All elemental spec with lots of 410 gear but not "perfect" BiS. Used my 410 dagger/397 shield for the extra armor despite being a loss in deeps from my 410 staff.

I think I would've gotten the first boss eventually but it was quicker having my spriest friend help. She left before the last 2 bosses which I solo'd. The first of the two, Azgalor. One shot but was kinda low on health at the end. Got annoying with the constant 5 sec silence every 15 secs but got it done in the end. Archimonde I died a few times before putting my serious business pants on. Lusted off the pull, fire and earth eles, volcanic pot, etc. I brought my Elune's Tear thingy but never got air burst for whatever reason. No Fear either. Dispelled Grip of the Legion as it happened. Probably better to solo than 2 man if me soloing caused mechanics to be ignored. Weaved in Healing Surge for heals and Thunderstorm for mana. Probably took like 5 minutes to kill. Healing Stream Totem is a champ though lemme tell ya.

I'll have to go back and try the first 3 without my friend and see what I can do. The trash is just so annoying >.>
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25m 8/8H recruiting for MoP!
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/kardone

TK 100%, I've soloed the whole place as enhance several times, Loot Reaver can only be an issue if you're unlucky with timings and have really bad gear. Kael'thas can be a bit off a pain in the ass due to various mechanics, I recommend using a PVP trinket for this encounter, it's especially useful on conflag in p1+3 and disorient in p4.
    Don't use your wolves in p4, if they (or your totems for that matter) resist the disorient (yes totems can resist that and pull aggro) you will get Mc'd and the fight resets. It's extremely frustrating to have that happen but luckily it doesn't happen very often.
    I guess doing p4 totemless is possible but it's going to take a little longer.
    Though personally I want to get p4 over with as quickly as possible since it's in my opinion the hardest phase as Enhancement.

As for OS10, never tried it with any class but it should be very easy come MoP.

Also possible to solo all of Hyjal (again, as Enhance, I don't play ele so I wouldn't know), might want to use a pvp trinket for the first boss in case you get stun+dnd.
    Last edited by Ascendant; 2012-07-02 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    As for OS10, no class can solo the third drake so you would have to do him with +1 drake, never tried it with any class but it should be very easy come MoP, at least for Enhance.
    You can solo the third drake if you drop earth elemental before going in the portal. He will tank him long enough for you to kill the add inside.
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    You can solo the third drake if you drop earth elemental before going in the portal. He will tank him long enough for you to kill the add inside.
    I wasn't aware of this, good to know. I guess that makes Shamans the only class that can solo the whole place without drakes up.

I wasn't aware of this, good to know. I guess that makes Shamans the only class that can solo the whole place without drakes up.
    AFAIK DKs can do the same with Army of the Dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicentrE View Post
    Auriaya might be possible, it's frustrating as hell and I gave up. I'd worked out a strat for getting the cats dead without too much trouble, but the sonic screech, adds and fears just made it very hard to overcome. I couldn't get to Freya because it wasn't possible to solo the flower trash packs
    The flower packs are doable if you can burst the big flower down before it starts healing (the boss itself is causing problems though, I can't keep up with the damage while dealing with the add packs). What was your strat for killing Auriaya's cats, they seem to pwn anything I throw at them.

Deleted
    Been soloing on and off at various gear levels, here's what I've done so far: (updated 19/10/12)

=============
    Level 85 (pre-5.0)
    =============

Vanilla: All except Viscidus/Twin Emps/Ouro/C'Thun in AQ40 and Razorgore in BWL. (skip him with 2 friends)
    TBC: All of Kara, Maulgar (easy and hard way), Gruul, Maggy, all of SSC except Vashj, all of TK, all of MH, all of BT except RoS. (skip him with 2-3 friends)

All raids below are 10 man (normal mode unless otherwise specified).

Naxx: Noth, Heigan, Loatheb, Anub, Faerlina, Maexxna (easy and hard way), Gothik, 4 Horsemen (skip Razuvious with invis pot), Grobbulus, Gluth, Thaddius (skip Patchwerk with a friend), Sapphiron, Kel'Thuzad.
    Other T7: Sarth+1 (Vesperon), Malygos.
    VoA: Archavon, Emalon, Koralon.
    Ulduar: Flame Leviathan, Ignis, Razorscale, XT-002, Kologarn, Auriaya, Hodir, Freya, Thorim (hard mode), Mimiron, Vezax (not soloable after 5.0 due to mechanics change).
    T9: Onyxia.

Scenarios: Theramore (85).
    Instances: All Vanilla/TBC/WotLK (heroics where applicable) except Occulus and ToC (3/4 and 0/4 due to mechanics), plus all Cata normals. (skip water guardian in HoO with a friend)

======
    Level 90
    ======

TBC: All of SSC, all of SWP (skip Kalecgos)
    WoTLK 10: All of T7, all of ToC
    Instances: All starting-level Cata HC's. (skip Corla in BRC with ankh run to the forge)

Ulduar: This gets interesting. So far, I'm 10/13NM, still have Council, Thorim and Yogg to go. I got thorim down to 7% (You're forced to pull him in HM if you're solo), would likely be possible with full heroic gear. Never tried Yogg, but i can see it being possible. Gotta down Thorim first though.
    I'd be interested in your Freya and Auriaya tactics, those two bosses pwned me tonight. I did get Mimiron tonight though, despite letting both middle and bottom resurrect with 190k left on the head (searing totem ftw with /target macros for ranged attacks)...in some ways letting one of them resurrect might be the way to go, as you have more meat to chew on for those MW heals.

Thorim I got to 19% on my previous run with only 3 tries on p3 (took me a while to master p2 alone) but I get the impression it's doable with luck and defensive CD timing.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-11-07 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    I'd be interested in your Freya and Auriaya tactics, those two bosses pwned me tonight. I did get Mimiron tonight though, despite letting both middle and bottom resurrect with 190k left on the head (searing totem ftw with /target macros for ranged attacks)...in some ways letting one of them resurrect might be the way to go, as you have more meat to chew on for those MW heals.

Thorim I got to 19% on my previous run with only 3 tries on p3 (took me a while to master p2 alone) but I get the impression it's doable with luck and defensive CD timing.
    Auriaya: Pre-pot, use earth elemental so it tanks the boss for a little while (use stoneclaw before for the shield), Shamanistic rage as soon as both cats hit you, immediately followed by wolves and Gift of the Naaru. Try not using heroism; there is a hard moment to survive ahead. Once cats are dead, fight the boss. As soon as she does her first cone attack, use heroism. It should be enough to keep you alive. I use Gift of the Naaru on the pull, but you could use heroism on the pull and GotN later, whatever suits you. Burn the Feral Fefender when he's up (using shamanistic rage on him), interrupt all of her casts. Gear check fight mostly.

Freya: Interesting fight. It includes a bit of RNG because of the order of combinations you're put against. Keep in mind, for each type of adds, you need at least one cooldown. At my gear level at least, I have to use spirit wolves every time it's the 3 adds you have to kill at the same time. The small adds can easily be handled with only shamanistic rage. For the big trees, I'll typically survive with either Gift of the Naaru or Heroism. Simply hope your wolves cooldown will be back when you get the second set of 3 adds. There's also a bit of crit/proc RNG if you're not that geared.

Mimiron: I found out killing the tank over and over while slowly killing the head is the way to go. Gives you more healing procs and times where you practically take no damage. Actually progressing on P4 Firefighter and that's what I'm trying to do.

Malygos: I find P3 faceroll . I do it no-brainer way, using 1(x5), 2, 3(x4), 4, repeat. You have to target your drake to be able to use 4.

Thorim: The further you get in last phase, the more he hits. It might be doable, but with more gear and being very lucky.

Kael: Nowhere near a gear-check. Pretty sure it was doable in 359 gear, very easy when you have the strat.

Everything in Ulduar being done using Leatherworking Drums (4% stat, 57 all resist), Flask of the Winds, Agility potions, Scrolls of Fortitude II and agility food.

400 Ilvl with a standard 2/31/8 focused insight spec.

Okay, Im really curious how do you beat the Ulduar bosses? I have plenty of experience soloing them on my hunter and I play enha for like a week only and dont have 4piece t13, but when I tried XT, he hits just so damn hard. Are there some tactics with like superfast weapons to get maximum of MSWs for heals? And how do you deal with them critting for 40k or more?

Deleted
    Well as a warlock you can simply burst and kill the drake (Shadron) before he even casts his portal.

There's a way to solo Naj'entus, as a pet class, that should be also doable as a shaman. You need the boss to throw the spine at you (so probably with elem or wolves tanking until he casts it), and when the spine stun debuff is about to fade, you spam right click on it and that way you can loot it. You can repeat it, but one spine should be enough. My shaman's not geared enough, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    There's a way to solo Naj'entus, as a pet class, that should be also doable as a shaman. You need the boss to throw the spine at you (so probably with elem or wolves tanking until he casts it), and when the spine stun debuff is about to fade, you spam right click on it and that way you can loot it. You can repeat it, but one spine should be enough. My shaman's not geared enough, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried it.
    Hmm, interesting. I'd have to try that out, I'm concerned my pets won't survive very long though. They're really not that strong.

How much time after you pull does he cast his spine?

I believe he's impossible without bugging him with a resetting ability (Vanish, Feign death, etc.)
    As a shaman, unless u can pull 44k dps u will need to die and then reincarnate just as the shield goes down, this will reset the timer of the shield and if u do it fast enough the boss wont reset his hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Okay, Im really curious how do you beat the Ulduar bosses? I have plenty of experience soloing them on my hunter and I play enha for like a week only and dont have 4piece t13, but when I tried XT, he hits just so damn hard. Are there some tactics with like superfast weapons to get maximum of MSWs for heals? And how do you deal with them critting for 40k or more?
    Part of it is based on the resto subspec solo build http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hZfcucs0hRGoMhc with 2 free points for whatever you deem worthy. Spark of life and focused insight should add some significant healing.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

First, there is another shaman soloing thread, where I've already explained my progress. For Ulduar specifically, I'm 10/13 NM, missing Council, Thorim (7% wipe QQ) and Yogg.

If possible try to keep it in the same thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Solo-thread

---------- Post added 2012-07-05 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Part of it is based on the resto subspec solo build http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hZfcucs0hRGoMhc with 2 free points for whatever you deem worthy. Spark of life and focused insight should add some significant healing.
    Ancestral Swiftness 2/2 us a must IMO. I personally run with 2/31/8, getting 2/3 Toughness and 2/3 crit% in elemental

Deleted
    I've tried that and it does work, but you have to cancel the earth ele totem yourself with about 20 secs left on the stun (to avoid getting a 2nd spine which refreshes it) and it's also down to luck as to whether or not you can actually loot the spine. If you do manage to get it, the boss will only have lost a little health before you pop the shield, at which point it's an all-out zerg with every DPS cooldown you have. (pretty much the same as a straight zerg attempt, and at full BiS minus the heroic vial my attempts ranged from 6k-200k left before a guildie asked to join for some transmog gear)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-07-05 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    I've tried that and it does work, but you have to cancel the earth ele totem yourself with about 20 secs left on the stun (to avoid getting a 2nd spine which refreshes it) and it's also down to luck as to whether or not you can actually loot the spine. If you do manage to get it, the boss will only have lost a little health before you pop the shield, at which point it's an all-out zerg with every DPS cooldown you have. (pretty much the same as a straight zerg attempt, and at full BiS minus the heroic vial my attempts ranged from 6k-200k left before a guildie asked to join for some transmog gear)
    /jealous

Still missing both HC trinkets, Heroic tier head, Heroic back from firelands, HC bracers and my two HC weapons. Been full clearing for 6 weeks now.

SSC: Karathress is possible with a very specific strategy that I discovered.
    Karathress is the one boss I'd really like to figure out - what strat have you been using for that fight, sarasun?

Quote Originally Posted by The Crapster View Post
    Karathress is the one boss I'd really like to figure out - what strat have you been using for that fight, sarasun?
    I've already posted it in this thread :P

Edit: post 14