Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    It does need to be level 10 to convert the group to a raid, but otherwise it works fine.
    No, as I said, I'm using a level 1 every time.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrae View Post
    Hi !

Yogg 10 with 4 keeper is soloable, and indeed fairly easy in terms of stuff : i have done it some months ago, ilv390 if i remember correctly

video :

edit : cannot post link yet ... youtube dot com/watch?v=zhn2Xi5iKxQ or search "yogg'saron solo-enhancement shaman"

requires a bit of luck with the debuffs in phase 1, wich can be very frustrating ... bad gameplay on this video i know, cause i was bored at first and thought it would be another wipe ...

surely doable with 3 keepers, but I have not found the motivation to return since this kill

And sorry for the horrible language - i'm french !
    Merci! Jsuis français aussi (Canada), mais j'ai honnêtement jamais essayé.

That would make the entirety of Ulduar soloable, aside from Iron Council and Algalon. I don't think Thorim have been solo'd, but in BIS I'm sure I would be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    On the shaman solo thread of Elitistjerks, someone mentions putting thorim at 8%, so yes it seems killable ... if engineer :/

On the shaman solo thread of Elitistjerks, someone mentions putting thorim at 8%, so yes it seems killable ... if engineer :/
    I got it to 7% without being engineer.
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Oh, i felt like lefting a target dummy in the arena was needed ? didn't really dig indeed, i'd gave it a look when I have the time. Thanks for the correction !

Oh, i felt like lefting a target dummy in the arena was needed ? didn't really dig indeed, i'd gave it a look when I have the time. Thanks for the correction !
    I'll let you figure out what can replace a target dummy.

Hint:Shaman-Specific

Deleted
    Erm, poor reading of mione's description I guess ! I don't know why, I was thinking that a target dummy should stay as a viable target on the arena during all the gauntlet ... and thus our little friends were not making the job, due to despawn when we go too far away !

But re-reading, it seems that all I need is something to take aggro of some mob before the tunnel respawn ? this should be doable !

Erm, poor reading of mione's description I guess ! I don't know why, I was thinking that a target dummy should stay as a viable target on the arena during all the gauntlet ... and thus our little friends were not making the job, due to despawn when we go too far away !

But re-reading, it seems that all I need is something to take aggro of some mob before the tunnel respawn ? this should be doable !
    Other classes need to be engineer for the speed boost, but we enhancement shaman are too good for that

Deleted
    Got Emalon down just now, definitely a luck-based fight with all of the heavy damage and I needed all of my gear and defensive CD's to win. Took 92 secs, so I had to kill only 1 overcharged add (the 2nd came just as I killed him). Before that I one-shotted Koralon (having never killed him before), certainly an easier fight and you can time defensive CD's with the molten fists (also tried to use a fire ele to split the damage but it failed due to having to move from fire patches a lot). And before that I finally got Malygos, after finding out that the 1123 strat involved stacking the HoT to 5 before he was targetable :P

Got Emalon down just now, definitely a luck-based fight with all of the heavy damage and I needed all of my gear and defensive CD's to win. Took 92 secs, so I had to kill only 1 overcharged add (the 2nd came just as I killed him).
    Will add that.

What's your Ilevel?

Deleted
    407 (can't link armoury yet but it's not too hard to find me), the damage is so heavy I doubt it'd be doable with less, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammywan View Post
    From what I read, one enhancement shaman has killed Viscidus by using frostbrand daggers, and then switching to windfury and blowing all cds after to shatter it. Not tried myself yet though.
    I had a go at that the other day, and only got as far as the first frozen emote ("Viscidus begins to crack"). Used 1.3 speed Dalaran fist/dagger with WF/WF, VP haste trinket, some caster gear with haste, a haste pot, wolves, earth ele and hero. And I counted up the frost hits after the 2nd freezing emote to make sure everything lined up properly. Did the guy who killed it say anything specific about how he did it?
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-07-10 at 12:23 PM.

I had a go at that the other day, and only got as far as the first frozen emote ("Viscidus begins to crack"). Used 1.3 speed Dalaran fist/dagger with WF/WF, VP haste trinket, some caster gear with haste, a haste pot, wolves, earth ele and hero. And I counted up the frost hits after the 2nd freezing emote to make sure everything lined up properly. Did the guy who killed it say anything specific about how he did it?
    This is what the person said about it:

It took me 5 weeks before I finally gave him 3 hours of my time to solo him. I used the fastest daggers I could find with frostbrand on them until I got him close to freeze, then I switched to wf on both weapons. On my last few frost shocks to freeze I popped wolves, BL, lifeblood, and berserking. Doing all that 4 seperate freezes and I finally shattered him.

It just wasn't worth it... I felt no accomplishment in killing that blob...
    source: http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...shaman-soloing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Karathress strat
    Got him just now, took a few goes to get the tornado onto the fire ele (either that or I didn't move far enough away on a couple of previous goes). The rest of the fight is a bit of a luck-fest though, the number of times I got hit by a shadow bolt followed by an iceblock was too many for comfort. I actually forgot to remove the earth ele too, so he was left tanking the shaman far away while I killed the hunter followed by his 2 pets.

And for anyone else trying this: you *do* need the prismatic elixir, especially if you're an elixir master as I am. (it reduced the shadow bolt damage from ~60k to ~45k, although I'm also a draenei which helped a lot)

Nice strat

Got him just now, took a few goes to get the tornado onto the fire ele (either that or I didn't move far enough away on a couple of previous goes). The rest of the fight is a bit of a luck-fest though, the number of times I got hit by a shadow bolt followed by an iceblock was too many for comfort. I actually forgot to remove the earth ele too, so he was left tanking the shaman far away while I killed the hunter followed by his 2 pets.

And for anyone else trying this: you *do* need the prismatic elixir, especially if you're an elixir master as I am. (it reduced the shadow bolt damage from ~60k to ~45k, although I'm also a draenei which helped a lot)

Nice strat
    Gratz!

On to Vashj now, for some reason I still think it's doable, especially since I just found out FE is extremely smart on that fight. If you drop him far enough from Vashj (So he doesn't keep attacking her while immune), he will walk up to elementals and oneshot them. He can pretty much kill every single add on one side of the room.

I've had problems with me walking too far to get the cores though :/

I reached P3 with around 50 stacks, but it's too much damage for a shaman to handle.

Deleted
    50 stacks is 500% more dmg, and she normally does ~5k a hit so that's ~30k per hit? If so that's pushing it, but maybe in BiS with a bit of luck (1.7m should take ~45 secs with all CD's).
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-07-10 at 05:57 PM.

50 stacks is 500% more dmg, and she normally does ~5k a hit so that's ~30k per hit? If so that's pushing it, but maybe in BiS with a bit of luck (1.7m should take ~45 secs with all CD's).
    She uses spells, including a long-duration stun that kill me fast :S. I'm thinking around 40 stacks @ BIS might be handleable.

She also roots and moves away, and you run out of CDs to remove them.

Guys, what do you think will be added to soloable list with MOP's level boost?

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Guys, what do you think will be added to soloable list with MOP's level boost?
    Thorim and Vashj will be made easy for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if we could finish up Naxx10 too. Some bosses in Toc/ICC, but I couldn't tell which.

Deleted
    Don't forget our survivability will go down initially though (6% less hit, crappier wolves, needing MW5 to get a decent heal instead of hardcasting 2/3/4).

Deleted
    Don't forget our survivability will go down initially though (6% less hit, crappier wolves, needing MW5 to get a decent heal instead of hardcasting 2/3/4).
    Except Healing Surge heals for roughly double on beta than it does on Live, meaning healing abilites, even without the glyph of healing storm will still be quite potent. Added to that SBT/Astral Shift etc as well as several healing totems and new abilities, shaman survivibility will increase by a ton.