• Shuckle

43 43.43%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion Ultimate Showdown Match 10: Cthulhu vs. Shuckle

Brackets located here

Match 10 features Cthulhu

Cthulhu is a cosmic entity in the works of H.P. Lovecraft. It is described as an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, a pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque scaly body with rudimentary wings", and "a mountain walked or stumbled. He once ruled over the earth, and communicated with humans telepathically. He lived in the stone city of R'lyeh with the other "Great Old Ones", but eventually the city sank beneath the ocean, trapping them inside. Cults who remember the telepathic message existed afterwards, continuing to worship him.

Versus Shuckle

Shuckle is a bug/rock type pokemon. It resembles a small turtle, and uses its shell to hide. It has the highest defense stats of any pokemon, but with very low other stats. However, it can use the ability Power Trick to switch its attack and defense stats. It also learns a variety of attacks, including poison, rock, ground, normal, fighting, and dark attacks.

Don't make me pick, don't do it mad, DON'T YOU DO IT.

;_;

This is a hard choice...

Cthulhu

Dark magic octopi-god > Crustacen-esque tank

Also, Cthulhu could totally be a pokemon! Proof:

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    [IMG]http://threepanelsoul.com/comics-archive/2010-10-04-175.png[IMG]
    Ohgod, that first form is so adorable. Skelington wants a Cthulhu pokemon.

But, seeing as Pokemon are easily effected mentally, it's gotta be Cthulhu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shuckle is confused!
    It hurt itself in confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Shuckle not only learns Power Trick, but he also learns Power Split, which allows him to average his (pitifully low) attack and his adversary's (assumedly OP) attack (and special attack). This is even better than Power Trick in this contest. He is unable to be knocked-out in one hit regardless of any opponent attacking him, assuring that he will perform this attack in the huge majority of situations.

He can also do the same with defense stats, but it's unnecessary given his skyhigh defenses.

tldr shuckle 2012
    well if what you say is correct and he can average his AP with cthulus, assuming is defense would still be higher the lil turd would come out ontop.

i dont know much about pokemon after gen 1 lol

This is the first of what I consider to be a "troll pick" (League of Legends terminology ftw!) and I won't even debate it as I find it to be completely and totally silly, as any attempt at a comparison that doesn't involve Shuckle being instantly raped would inevitably turn into a game mechanics vs lore scenario, and that is very cyclical and boring. Cthulhu wins

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't find any info on Cthuhlu's actual powers, though I guess that's because the info isn't there. All we seem to know is he's a god of sorts, or at least a demi-god.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Shuckle is confused!
    It hurt itself in confusion.
    I could totally see this happening though

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Shuckle not only learns Power Trick, but he also learns Power Split, which allows him to average his (pitifully low) attack and his adversary's (assumedly OP) attack (and special attack). This is even better than Power Trick in this contest. He is unable to be knocked-out in one hit regardless of any opponent attacking him, assuring that he will perform this attack in the huge majority of situations.

He can also do the same with defense stats, but it's unnecessary given his skyhigh defenses.

tldr shuckle 2012
    I didn't see it listed on Bulbapedia, is it a TM? In any case, that's pretty cool, but it doesn't necessarily give him an auto-win. It just scales his opponent down to his size.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could anyone vote against Cthulhu? He killed Justin Bieber!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I couldn't find any info on Cthuhlu's actual powers, though I guess that's because the info isn't there. All we seem to know is he's a god of sorts, or at least a demi-god.
    Basically you see Cthulhu, and your mind can't comprehend him thus explodes.

Deleted
    Come on Shuckle! You can do it!

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    This is the first of what I consider to be a "troll pick" (League of Legends terminology ftw!) and I won't even debate it as I find it to be completely and totally silly, as any attempt at a comparison that doesn't involve Shuckle being instantly raped would inevitably turn into a game mechanics vs lore scenario, and that is very cyclical and boring. Cthulhu wins
    Damn near every post of yours I've ever read involves that exact scenario, a la your signature.

In any event, I'll go with Cthulu on this one, because tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    Damn near every post of yours I've ever read involves that exact scenario, a la your signature.

In any event, I'll go with Cthulu on this one, because tentacles.
    How in the tits does my signature, (or any of my posts for that matter) have anything to do with game mechanics vs lore? DBZ is not a video game, neither is LOTR, or Marvel, or DC, or any of the other stuff I reference. Sure, there are video games for all of those franchises, but I haven't referenced any of them as an argument.

Not sure what you got against me brah. Love and peace and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final worthy, but I will go vote for Shuckle, because I never heard of Cthulhu before "Cthulhu saves the world" :P

Deleted
    who voted shuckle into the contest?
    cthulhu needs some stronger enemies after this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He is a being of power unimaginable to mere mortals. The very sight of him drives mortals mad. On 2012, at the rise of the Gibbous moon, on the end of the Mayan Calendar, he will awaken from his slumber and teach man a new kind of fear. He will arise from the lost city R'lyeh in the furthest Reaches of the sea. His spawn are the foul deep ones, smaller versions of the great one and the people of the lost city of R'Yeh. A place with structures built with non-euclidean geometry, the very likes of which cannot be imagined by mere mortals, and to lay eyes on it is to be driven to the depths of Insanity. His cult is centered in Arabia, with members all over the world, from Greenland to Chile. The leaders of the cult hailing from China. Among the Great Old Ones his main rival is his half brother Hastur.
    A famous phrase about Cthulhu is "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" which roughly translates into "In his house at R'lyeh Dead Cthulhu lies dreaming". He inspired the mad Arab Abdul Alhazred to create the Nercronomicon, a book bound in human flesh, the pages made of skin, and the words written in blood, that describes many gory rituals to awaken the great old ones and describes them in horrific detail. Perhaps the most famous Couplet from it is " That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange æons even death may die".

He has many minions, not the least of which are the horrific Deep ones. He has divine servants such as Dagon and Hydra, though it is debatable whether or not that they are Divine or simply just really large Deep ones. But his favored minions are The Star spawn of Cthulhu, also known as the Cthulhi, they are like Miniature versions of their great and dark Master. Cthulhu's Consort is Idh-yaa and she bore him four children. In order from oldest to youngest they are, Ghatanothoa, Ythogtha, Zoth-Ommog, and Cthylla. The first three being his sons, and the last being his only daughter. Cthylla is guarded by deep ones and far worse creatures as she is vital to the Great one's plans. For if Cthulhu is ever to be destroyed beyond his healing factor's ability to repair, she would give birth to him again.

He has power beyond mortal comprehension and is able to nearly instantly regenerate his body if it is ever to be damaged the wound will heal faster than it is made.
    He is the ruiner of countless worlds, the devourer of innumerable souls, and ender of hope.
    He also has immortality beyond what most can comprehend, for it is stated that he will outlast death itself. If this is true then he can never be truly destroyed.
    He is as large if not larger than any earthly mountain, being able to stand well above sea level in some of the deepest parts of the sea.
    It is unknown whether or not he can fly using his massive wings, but it is probable.
    He is also capable of shape shifting, as he has taken multiple forms over the years the Octopus headed, Dragon winged, Human caricature that is the most familiar. Another a gigantic pulsing blob of writhing tentacles and mountainous pseudopod. Another a huge mass of constantly changing colors. All will cause a man to go insane upon glancing it.

In fact Cthulhu's power is so tremendous that when he is to awaken everything in 1,000 miles of R'lyeh will either be destroyed in mind, body, and soul which is the fate of the more fortunate ones, or go irrevocably insane as you see the truths of the omniverse. Unlike most beings who are limited to one multiverse, Cthulhu exists in the Dungeons and Dragons multiverse as well as the Lovecraft mythos at the same time. His mastery of magics, technology, and psionics have few equals anywhere in existence and the simple fact that he has mastered all three of these rather than just one is truly a feat. He also is capable of reality, matter, energy, time, and space manipulation on a truly massive scale. His age is stated to be in the vigintillions of years, or 120 Zeroes. Thus making him vastly older than the universe is predicted to be or even is predicted to last, thus implying that he has seen many many universes come and go and that ours is merely the latest one to him.

More of his powers include, the ability to ignore nuclear weapons as if they were nothing, knowledge and mastery of every single spell, and much like the vast majority of the great old ones, is able to summon Azathoth with a spell that has the energies to destroy worlds. Azathoth is the ruler of the outer gods, beings above the Great old ones and equals of the Elder gods in the books of August Derleth. His age is in the vigintillions or one followed by 120 zeros, thus putting him as being older than the universe by

His resources also are practically endless like his power. He has an army of truly massive proportions at his disposal, consisting of untold legions of insane horrors all over the multiverses he exists in. R'lyeh was merely the tip of the iceberg of the resources at his disposal, so to speak. As mentioned he has mastered sciences Man kind has never seen, and he has mastered magics well beyond the reach of any man, and his control over psionic forces has few peers. Thus furthering his resource pool. His allies are many and his enemies are few. For who would in their right mind challenge something that is madness incarnate?

While he has only starred in one book of Lovecraft's stories and has been merely a minor monster in his books, other authors soon increased his powers, from a Godzilla level to a Galactus Level entity in a few decades. He has spawned perhaps the most spin offs and rip offs of any Fictional Entity in existence. Shuma Gorath, The Illithids, Aboleths, and Elder Evils of Dungeons and Dragons, The Nameless things of Tolkein, and Virtually every madenning thing of a near unknowable age. As he is now public domain, he is commonly put into modern works, such as the justice league cartoon in terror from the stars, were a toned down version called Icthulhu as the producer mistakenly thought Cthulhu was still under copyright, the grim adventures in Billy and Mandy, and is a major subject in Nox arcana's necronomicon album.

Go go shuckle!

Shuckle hides in his shell to draw the fight out and attack Cthulhu when he don't expect it. Meanwhile Cthulhu invites some friends over for a dinner party. The menu consists of Okra brains for apetizers, Turtle soup as main course, and for dessert some icy Polar Bears sparkled with trees stocked with Shiraz grapes. What a meal!

Yes, I voted for Cthulhu.
    -- And as things fell apart Nobody paid much attention --