Thread: E3 Crysis 3

10+ Year Old Account

E3 Crysis 3

I'm slightly surprised that a thread about this has not yet been made.

What are peoples thoughts on Crysis 3 after seeing the trailers and some pictures?
    Personally I am very excited about Crysis 3. Crysis was mind blowing, Crysis 2 was not as good as the first one but I still enjoyed it. I like the fact that Crytek is combining the sandbox gameplay of Crysis and the verticality of Crysis 2. The graphics look great and the weapons look cool. I am very happy that Prophet and Psycho are being brought back as well, though from the trailers it sounds like they have a different voice actor for Psycho which bothers me a tad bit. The voice for Psycho actually sounds like Bob Hoskins. Crysis 3 will also have DX11 on release.

Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-07-27 at 06:29 AM.

The ONLY thing i dont like about crysis and its been a problem for some time, is the lack of different guns in the game. You have the Basic assualt rifle and smg ect but no different types. Other than that looks amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The ONLY thing i dont like about crysis and its been a problem for some time, is the lack of different guns in the game. You have the Basic assualt rifle and smg ect but no different types. Other than that looks amazing.
    theres plenty of guns in the games also you can change what you have on them

I'm excited for the game aswell. I really loved the first Crysis for its open world and beautifull graphics, Crysis 2 was more of a letdown to me.

But so far Crysis 3 is going to look more like Crysis 2 than 1...

Still remembering Crysis 2, what they promised and what shit it turned out to be on PC. NOT excited about 3d either. You know how it goes, fail your playerbase's high expectations and we'll remember it for a veeeeery long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm excited for the game aswell. I really loved the first Crysis for its open world and beautifull graphics, Crysis 2 was more of a letdown to me.
    But so far Crysis 3 is going to look more like Crysis 2 than 1...
    Ya, the art style is definitely Crysis 2 but the graphics do look better plus it's going to be sandbox like the first one which I'm excited for. I'm not going to have super high expectations but It does look quite promising so far.

That bothered me a bit as well. The second one actually had a decent amount of weapons such as: the SCAR (AR), Grendel (Heavy AR), Scarab (AR), Feline (SMG), K-Volt (electric bullet smg thingy), Jackal (shotgun), Marshall (shotgun), DSG-1 (sniper), M20 14 Gauss (sniper), M12 Nova (pistol), Hammer (pistol), Majestic (pistol), AY-69 (full auto pistol), MK-60 (heavy machine gun), L-Tag (grenade launcher), X-43 Mike (microwave gun), and the JAW (rocket launcher). Crysis 2 did have a decent amount of weapons but so many were just different version of each other (which I found annoying).

Crysis 3 will be adding a compound bow and ceph plasma gun and possibly a few other weapons to that list. I honestly think that they need to remove some of the weapons and keep one or two of each type. Example: Keep the SCAR, Grendel, Feline, K-Volt, Jackal, Both snipers, 1 pistol, the MK-60, L-Tag, JAW, and adding the bow and ceph gun. By doing that you would have a variety of different weapons and wouldn't be overloaded with 5 different versions of the same damn gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I haven't looked at the information on it yet. My only question is, are they half assing it and prioritizing it for consoles first like they did 2, or did they learn from their mistakes and make it push PC performance again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Too bad it's pre-order only.
    The bow will be in the game, the pre-order just allows you to obtain it earlier.

"Meanwhile, German developer Crytek announced the Crysis 3 pre-order details. The Hunter Edition grants early access to the new bow weapon and its attachments, plus the Hunter Nanosuit module for use in multiplayer. You'll also get a bonus XP boost up to level five, a unique bow skin and three exclusive dog tags. Grab the Hunter Edition from Origin.com and select retailers for £49.99." -Eurogamer.net

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I haven't looked at the information on it yet. My only question is, are they half assing it and prioritizing it for consoles first like they did 2, or did they learn from their mistakes and make it push PC performance again?
    I would hope that they are making it push PC performance again.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-06-05 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well looks like it's time to upgrade the computer again. The game does look amazing, I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

I am looking forward to Crysis 3, I just hope they won't make the system requirements go through the roof, compared to what you needed for Crysis 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    I am looking forward to Crysis 3, I just hope they won't make the system requirements go through the roof, compared to what you needed for Crysis 2.
    TBH im hoping they do, crysis one pushed the limits of computers at the time it came out, it set a new standard for highend gaming. This needs to come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH im hoping they do, crysis one pushed the limits of computers at the time it came out, it set a new standard for highend gaming. This needs to come back.
    I fully agree with you. Crysis is a 5 year old game but still has some of the best graphics around. I want Crysis 3 to make my gtx 570 blow it's rape whistle before bursting into flames. I want Crysis 3 to have such good graphics that it requires a gtx 690 or dual 7970's to play it maxed out at 1920x1080.

I still don't get how they can use Prophet in this game, he shot himself in the head during Crysis 2. Unless Prophet controlls Alcatraz his body, but where would Alcatraz be then? Dead?

And where is Nomad? Is he really dead after the comic?

I want jungles with destructible trees and stuff, not solid city buildings (((

Playing through Crysis again, and what I really missed in the second game, is the ability to attach almost everything to any weapon, and also the ability to break down buildings and trees. I actually managed to die yesterday, because a Korean trooper shot down a tree that fell down on me. Also I want my shotgun with a laser pointer and a sniper scope back.

What I basically was going for was that I really didnt want to have to go and buy a new pc to play it on ultra, a poor student can't have nice things :x.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    What I basically was going for was that I really didnt want to have to go and buy a new pc to play it on ultra, a poor student can't have nice things :x.

I know it sucks but i want them pushing the limit of computers, if we settle for mediocre graphics, the bar will never be raised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely miss the destruction from the first game. Crytek can only do so much with the console version of Crysis 3 but let's pray that they push the limits of the pc version as hard as possible in destruction, graphics, AI, etc.

Jumping into Crysis 2 a few minutes ago I remembered that there was no quick save for it, just stupid save points in the game. Crytek better bring back the quick save option in Crysis 3.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they aren't making a Wii U version and would rather make versions of the game for vastly inferior and outdated hardware with modified resolutions so there aren't monstrous frame rate dips, and no doubt like every other EA game coming on the market, it will require Origin installed to play on the PC, I won't be buying it. Screw you Crytek and screw you EA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found 3 quick videos of IGN playing Crysis 3 on the 360. The game looks pretty good for being on a console and the destruction of trees and stumps looks freaking great for being on a console, I can only imagine that it will be drastically better on PC.

-Spoiler alert!!!!!!-
    I don't think these video are going to spoil much but I put the warning just in case.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3