Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by littleking View Post
    how many people do you know are willing to pay 500 bucks for a mount they could get by runnin a raid.....
    Well, I payed $200 for a chicken mount >.>;;

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler &quot (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The New Spellbook
    We know from feedback and from testing that dividing spells among 3 tabs felt arbitrary to a lot of players. Some players didn't even realize they had access to some spells. The current design has all of your class spells in alphabetical order, with the exception that active abilities (those you can drag to your bar) come before passive abilities. We would consider a design where the passives are mixed in with the actives. (The general tab is for anything that isn't related to your class, such as racial abilities and things like riding.)

We've seen some ideas from players that we should attempt to categorize class abilities further, such as offensive vs. defensive, or buffs vs. heals, but worry that it would be very challenging to come up with a single organizational scheme that is intuitive to most of our players. I think it's like one of those deals where everyone organizes their hard drive, desktop or email inbox differently. Some people have tons of little categories that make sense to them (key point) and some keep everything in one big bucket. There isn't a one-size fits all scheme that works.
    So much fail in this response. There's nothing wrong with staying with the current spellbook. Blizzard thinks it's trying to help new players, but all they'll end up doing is hurting them.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    The New Spellbook
    We know from feedback and from testing that dividing spells among 3 tabs felt arbitrary to a lot of players. Some players didn't even realize they had access to some spells. The current design has all of your class spells in alphabetical order, with the exception that active abilities (those you can drag to your bar) come before passive abilities. We would consider a design where the passives are mixed in with the actives. (The general tab is for anything that isn't related to your class, such as racial abilities and things like riding.)

We've seen some ideas from players that we should attempt to categorize class abilities further, such as offensive vs. defensive, or buffs vs. heals, but worry that it would be very challenging to come up with a single organizational scheme that is intuitive to most of our players. I think it's like one of those deals where everyone organizes their hard drive, desktop or email inbox differently. Some people have tons of little categories that make sense to them (key point) and some keep everything in one big bucket. There isn't a one-size fits all scheme that works.

So much fail in this response. There's nothing wrong with staying with the current spellbook. Blizzard thinks it's trying to help new players, but all they'll end up doing is hurting them.
    Not to mention there is no reason at all to not allow players to customize the spellbook (and all other parts of the UI) according to their own tastes. Without having to always resort to 3rd party mods that is.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2012-06-05 at 06:07 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Way to tell us stuff we already knew.

We already knew the PTR is up, this does nothing to tell us WHEN it opens.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Way to tell us stuff we already knew.

We already knew the PTR is up, this does nothing to tell us WHEN it opens.
    I hadn't touched the PTR client since patch 4.3 was on it. I didn't know that Blizzard was doing stuff with said client until I read this article, so don't you presume to be speaking for me.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Even the new expansion of Farmville is set on "Pandaria"!!! ^^

http://zyngablog.typepad.com/zyngaco...ade-falls.html

Wow, after hearing the Horde Theramore Scenario Dialogue, I'm actually embarrassed and upset to be part of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crispin Freeman as a Blood Elf? Win!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Wow, after hearing the Horde Theramore Scenario Dialogue, I'm actually embarrassed and upset to be part of the Horde.
    Aye me too, im considering going alliance for MoP, and returning when garrosh is dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    The New Spellbook

Honestly, of all the changes to complain about. Switching the spellbooks to display all your spells in one tab is not a major change, especially since they're changing it so that your spell pool will differ greatly depending on spec.

They could add sorting options, sure. A dropdown menu, perhaps, or a search box, just like the profession windows have.