Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It probably been said somewhere and I haven't read it, does Scenario drop loots?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    it means Blizz is saying STFU to all the people who say we wont get a July release because the 5.0 patch isnt on PTR yet. History shows that generally the expansion is released 6 weeks after the PTR starts up
    you're the fool in this equation...all that tweet means is they are preparing, not starting, the PTR.

and what history shows is that from the date the beta is unofficially over (when blizz has enough of the major components tested) there is a 2 month (minimum) period before the game is released due to the need to press the gold cd, prepare several million copies, finalize the box and ship product to merchants.

so there is absolutely no way for there to be a july release - the absolute earliest release date is in August (highly unlikely), the likely release date is mid Sept and the back-up date if there are major issues is Oct

Deleted
    So, as it turns out, the Horde indeed uses arcane energy to "blow shit up".
    And a blood elf is involved, big surprise there.

<3 being right

10+ Year Old Account
    1 million gold and you can buy 1 item for sure, keep waiting the lich king's invicible

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    you're the fool in this equation...all that tweet means is they are preparing, not starting, the PTR.

and what history shows is that from the date the beta is unofficially over (when blizz has enough of the major components tested) there is a 2 month (minimum) period before the game is released due to the need to press the gold cd, prepare several million copies, finalize the box and ship product to merchants.

so there is absolutely no way for there to be a july release - the absolute earliest release date is in August (highly unlikely), the likely release date is mid Sept and the back-up date if there are major issues is Oct
    I bet we'll see mists around the same date as last years Blizzcon. Because that's when they'll need to hook people for another year on the annual pass. The MMO community in general isn't as loyal and patient as it used to be. People will quit for the next new shiny in a heartbeat, and Blizzard know it. So they'll most likely take advantage of the fact that MoP IS the new shiny at that point (well in theory atleast, sorta....). Blizz know their community by now, and know that MoP itself won't be able to keep most players interrested for 12 months without a written contract. And I bet the rewards for the next annual pass will be pretty juicy too, because another steed and a free DL of the Diablo III or SCII expac won't cut it imo.

And on the topic of the BMAH and gold sellers. YES, more people will buy gold because of it. NO, it won't be a goldsink for those that currently sit on ridiculous amounts of gold. Because those are AH players for the most part, and they won't spend their precious gold on silly stuff like that. To them the gold itself is the reward.

Oh, I can't wait for the idiots who have millions of gold on different characters use bots to auto-bid for them and get suspended and the item is locked away forever in their account. Or just plain anyone who does it.

Deleted
    so.....are there still people shouting around that mop will come out in 2013?

ah well good that mops comming but there goes my hope for 10 more weeks to finish my staff for mop

Quote Originally Posted by Svovel View Post
    NO, it won't be a goldsink for those that currently sit on ridiculous amounts of gold. Because those are AH players for the most part, and they won't spend their precious gold on silly stuff like that. To them the gold itself is the reward.
    Late at night I take out my gold and stroke it. My preciousssss...

More seriously, I can't think of any item I'd bid 999,999 on, but I would be open to paying, say, 300k for the Ashes of Alar. Because I want my sad saga of having farmed Kaelthas 8548656743463 times with no drop to finally have a happy ending.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post

Sorry man but this is not the truth.
    Do you remember Cataclysm? we had to pre-download content and after installing it, we could play Cataclysm.
    BUT.....if you instal Cataclysm for the first time, like i did the release day, thinking there was something on the DvD, you will find out that you need to download a HUGE patch.
    I remember that i was angry thinking "wtf i buy a new game that the day of release needs a 5 giga patch ?"

That's because Blizzard didn't create the phisical DvD when the game was finalized.

This means they can start already to burn the discs and ship them to resellers because they don't need to give you the final version of MoP (because you can pre-download a patch for the diffs)

wanna panda release now!

Ah, that explains why it is downloading 18gb of stuff a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Sorry man but this is not the truth.
    4.0.1 went ptr 12 sep 2010
    4.0.1 went live 12 oct 2010
    Cata beta ended 22 nov 2010
    Cata was released 7 dec 2010 (3 months after ptr)

let's assume 5.0 goes ptr next week, 12 june .. that would make roughly 12 september release date.. which fits imho. September has always been the most likely release date for me. There is no way on this green earth MoP will launch in July. Not unless Blizzard are about to do something in one month that previously took three. Blizzard are very predictable when it comes to this sort of thing. They stick to what works.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    So that Brewfest Scenario pretty much points to an August/early September release
    BrewMOON not Brewfest. Also it's a scenario, it doesn't imply anything but that.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    4.0.1 went ptr 12 sep 2010
    4.0.1 went live 12 oct 2010
    Cata beta ended 22 nov 2010
    Cata was released 7 dec 2010 (3 months after ptr)

let's assume 5.0 goes ptr next week, 12 june .. that would make roughly 12 september release date.. which fits imho. September has always been the most likely release date for me. There is no way on this green earth MoP will launch in July. Not unless Blizzard are about to do something in one month that previously took three. Blizzard are very predictable when it comes to this sort of thing. They stick to what works.
    LOL NO!! We will be well over 90 by that time... considering the fact that they added level 90 brewfest epics!

So every Blizzcon they promise that they gonna release those damn expansion sooner, but every time we end up with 2 year cycles, which would be super cool, if they kept the game fresh, but alas it's always one year or 8 months without any fresh content and people just move away from the game (like half of my guild, who is dead bored with Dragon Soul) and everyone is, "naaah, don't feel like raiding tonight..." and all I do is play the AH for 10 minutes and log off.

They should either

A) make yearly expansions
    B) keep the game content updated until the end of the expansions life-cycle

How it is now is really dreadful, I think they know that, but they aren't willing to spend resources on it. Icecrow year was horrible and Dragonsoul is just the same now - boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by xStandeR View Post
    LOL NO!! We will be well over 90 by that time... considering the fact that they added level 90 brewfest epics!
    Brewfest starts on the 20th.

Just a stupid question. I might have missed info about it... In my bags i have 2x Swift White Hawkstrider, it becomes bop when u pick it up, does that mean that in MoP I will be able to sell it on AH, if it becomes BoE?

Please stop posting blinkshit on the front page, its not funny unless your mentally challenged like the people who make them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Just a stupid question. I might have missed info about it... In my bags i have 2x Swift White Hawkstrider, it becomes bop when u pick it up, does that mean that in MoP I will be able to sell it on AH, if it becomes BoE?
    Nope. (insert more letters)

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann