Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    If running forwards for a long time is anoying with the keypad thingy, just bind "autorun" to forward instead of forward
    Actually, with the Nostromo in mind, I was pondering to bind it to the little button next to the pad. :P

Nah. Game isn't very demanding w/r/t hotkeys. Putting aside fanboy garbage, not worth it for GW2 alone. However, if you play other MMOs and PC games then totally worth it.

Deleted
    It definitely is, this game caters very well to that form of input.

Deleted
    I've used the Nostromo for the last stress test, and used it on WoW to get a feel for it, and frankly, I love it.

I've said this in many different threads before, but I'd reccomend one if you can afford it. It's massively customisable, you can make macros, it's ergonomic, and (for me, at least) it gets my hand off my red-hot laptop. Lemme grab some of my screenies again.

As you can see it's about 8 inches long That's what SHE said and fits well into my oversized hand. I use it at it's largest - the palmrest has two different positions.

The buttons are all in pretty convenient places - I took the nub part off of my d-pad as I get more grip without it. If you prefer to keep it, there are things you can do to get more friction.

And, lastly, there are all the different keybinds. Now, (if I can find the video) you have 8 different keymaps, each button customisable to a different action or macro. This means that, overall, you have access to essentially 184 different buttons/macros.

I'd reccomend one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    However, if you play other MMOs and PC games then totally worth it.
    I'd say how much you play would be the deciding factor, not how many games you play.

For comfort? Possibly. Wouldn't be razer/speedpad specific though. Just a quality desk setup can solve the comfort issue. I feel extras of a Razer/speedpad are far more weighted to a diversity of games than simply ergonomics.

Deleted
    Agile Emily, what the hell is that on your laptop, below the keyboard? o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    It's the fake metal rubbing off

Deleted
    While we're on the topic, I've been wondering - what do people use that thumb stick for? Movement?
    I do not use the d pad for movement, It is just another 4 keybinds to me. Example being right = target nearest enemy left would be prowl/stealth/camo down for my PvP trinket and up is usually used for a survival skill such as deterrence/barkskin/shieldwall ect. I just find it much easier to put my strafe keys on the main pad on buttons 2 and 4 (as i was used to w and r on keyboard pre N52TE).

Deleted
    That's where my wrist has worn through the metal after four years of use. Another reason that the Nostromo is far more comfortable for me =p

I got a G13 when they were on sale about a year ago and would definitely not hesitate to buy a gamepad again in the future should my old one stop working. I do find the G13 a little large though. I would personally got for the Razer if you have found one cheaper than the Logitech, for size and comfort more than anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    That's where my wrist has worn through the metal after four years of use. Another reason that the Nostromo is far more comfortable for me =p
    Is that a common thing to happen?? I'm buying a laptop this summer but I want it to stay pretty >!

Deleted
    Is that a common thing to happen?? I'm buying a laptop this summer but I want it to stay pretty >!
    Er, I honestly dont know =p This was my first ever laptop. But the wear and tear only started after maybe two years. And I used it a LOT.

Deleted
    Er, I honestly dont know =p This was my first ever laptop. But the wear and tear only started after maybe two years. And I used it a LOT.
    Hmm alright :P. I'm gonna use mine as a desktop replacement but hopefully that won't happen..

Anyways, back on topic. *cough*

It depends on how much you use it, but after a hard 1-2 years it happens to most (that are painted to look metallic)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I've used the Nostromo for the last stress test, and used it on WoW to get a feel for it, and frankly, I love it.

I've said this in many different threads before, but I'd reccomend one if you can afford it. It's massively customisable, you can make macros, it's ergonomic, and (for me, at least) it gets my hand off my red-hot laptop. Lemme grab some of my screenies again.

As you can see it's about 8 inches long That's what SHE said and fits well into my oversized hand. I use it at it's largest - the palmrest has two different positions.

The buttons are all in pretty convenient places - I took the nub part off of my d-pad as I get more grip without it. If you prefer to keep it, there are things you can do to get more friction.

And, lastly, there are all the different keybinds. Now, (if I can find the video) you have 8 different keymaps, each button customisable to a different action or macro. This means that, overall, you have access to essentially 184 different buttons/macros.

I'd reccomend one.
    Your Thumb Nail is 1/10 of an Inch Long it needs to be cut...

I have been using the n52te for a few years now and am loving it to death. Literally, I should buy a new one soon because it is getting pretty worn out...

I baught the Razar Naga and Nostramo at the same time. At first i used the naga and the nostromo on and off. (its jsut weird getting used to it) So long as you can devote yourself to learning how to do it and take the time to set it up in a way thats comfortable to you during game play. It will be worth it. Currently I'm not playing any games on my computer (waiting for mists) but either way I cant live without my Naga. I plan to impliment the Nostromo once mists comes out and I have new skills that need key binding.

No. It's worth playing with whatever you find a comfortable setup.

[QUOTE=Mif;17062936]Support added in today's patch

I have the G13... Just got it. How did you get GW2? I search for new games and it only shows GW1..