Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I've had an n52te under my desk for years, and haven't even used it. For GW2, I think it'd be entirely unnecessary based on how the skills are laid out. I'm sticking with the Naga (which makes it awesome) and my trusty Das keyboard, which is 10x better quality than the n52te in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I'm using http://www.tankguys.com/mechnical-ke...brown-abs.html with PBT keycaps. I'm looking into buying a new one with red switches. Will most likely be a Ducky Shine. Ducky, Filco, Das, and Rosewill are all solid. Haven't kept up on Coolermaster or Corsair to know if theirs are good or not. I've heard decent things about Steelseries' 6gv2, but you're limited to only black switches. Avoid's Razer's Blackwidows at all costs - typical shit Razer quality.
    you sound like you have a vendetta against razer. Nearly every statement you've made in this thread and the other should be prefaced by Your mileage may vary.
    Shit quality razer products? Some have had problems. I've had no problems. Heck I've had more trouble with logitech mice over the years than any other brand yet you recommend one. YMMV.
    Mechanical vs dome keyboards. Depends on how crapy the keyboard is. I've typed on both mechanical and standard keyboards. Yes some standards were mushy junk. My G15 feels and responds almost exactly like a mechanical and has other features I like. keys are not mushy at all. yes its limited to 6 simultaneous keystrokes but you cant even run into that limit one handed short of intentionally fat fingering keys. all your keyboard would net me is the loss of the macro funtionality. YMMV
    "If you do your research, you'll find everything I've said is true." only if a persons preferences and needs mesh exactly with yours. I like my setup and it works for me. you would call it shit. the keyboard and mouse you are useing works for you. While I wont be as insulting as to call them shit I will call them lacking in the features important to me. YMMV

frankly your coming off as something of a reverse snob talking down and deriding any foolish enough to buy what you call overpriced shit. Fact of the mater is that shit works for some people and is comfortable for them. IF there was not a market for these varied input devices we'd all be useing an old 1-2 button roll ball mice. after all most mice are low quality shit compaired to those these days, I've got some old ones that survived 15 years of use without wearing out.

Who is John Galt?

I understand where the razer hate comes from though. It can just be hit or miss with their products sometimes. The first Naga I had was broken when I took it out of the box, it had a poor connection with the right click, so I had to take it back the next day. Then I had a copperhead before that and the left click pretty much stopped working after 6 months.

My current naga has been pretty good after a year and a half though.

I don't think my experiences are enough to keep me away from razer though, despite the problems.

Like I said peoples mileage may vary. I'm spoiled by haveing lots of extra buttons on the mouse to the point I hate useing a mouse with only a forward/back button for anything but web browsing. Even if a particular game does not need the full 12 button grid I can find other stuff to put on them over time.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    you sound like you have a vendetta against razer. Nearly every statement you've made in this thread and the other should be prefaced by Your mileage may vary.
    Shit quality razer products? Some have had problems. I've had no problems. Heck I've had more trouble with logitech mice over the years than any other brand yet you recommend one. YMMV.
    Mechanical vs dome keyboards. Depends on how crapy the keyboard is. I've typed on both mechanical and standard keyboards. Yes some standards were mushy junk. My G15 feels and responds almost exactly like a mechanical and has other features I like. keys are not mushy at all. yes its limited to 6 simultaneous keystrokes but you cant even run into that limit one handed short of intentionally fat fingering keys. all your keyboard would net me is the loss of the macro funtionality. YMMV
    "If you do your research, you'll find everything I've said is true." only if a persons preferences and needs mesh exactly with yours. I like my setup and it works for me. you would call it shit. the keyboard and mouse you are useing works for you. While I wont be as insulting as to call them shit I will call them lacking in the features important to me. YMMV

frankly your coming off as something of a reverse snob talking down and deriding any foolish enough to buy what you call overpriced shit. Fact of the mater is that shit works for some people and is comfortable for them. IF there was not a market for these varied input devices we'd all be useing an old 1-2 button roll ball mice. after all most mice are low quality shit compaired to those these days, I've got some old ones that survived 15 years of use without wearing out.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Couldn't really take your post seriously after saying your rubber dome g15 felt as good as a mechanical, but, hey, why not. If you go to any enthusiast forum, you'll find that Razer is essentially considered a big joke. Their only decent products were the old Diamondback, the Deathadder, and the Abyssus (if you win the sensor lotto and get one without jitter... gl). Even ignoring build quality, their other products are plagued with flaws such as bad sensor choices or design decisions. Obviously we're the minority considering enough people buy their garbage that they're able to afford to pump out new gimmicky toys often enough. I've owned some of their products and I've felt the sting of QA issues such as wobbly buttons, broken cords after minimal use, or inconsistent key switches (on the Blackwidow) - and, no, I don't abuse my stuff.

So, I guess, YMMV... but, like, just FYI it's considered trash by geeks that know way more about peripherals than you do. Or something? Is that better? I dunno.

Look, it comes down to this; if you want cool looking stuff that lights up and comes with a bajillion buttons and a bunch of gimmicky features that you think you'll actually use, then I definitely recommend Razer. Really, just go for it, everyone else does. If you want stuff that may actually affect your gaming performance, go do some research at a site like overclock.net or hardforum and find something that fits your needs.

Look, it comes down to this; if you want cool looking stuff that lights up and comes with a bajillion buttons and a bunch of gimmicky features that you think you'll actually use, then I definitely recommend Razer. Really, just go for it, everyone else does. If you want stuff that may actually affect your gaming performance, go do some research at a site like overclock.net or hardforum and find something that fits your needs.
    Researching a forum on what someone else who's not you likes in terms of personal preference is a waste of time. Instead you should either go to a nearest shop that has these things in stock or to a nearest friend that has one and try it yourself.

I have problems using other mice ever since I used MX510. Currently using MX518 (which is a 510 clone) and about the only mouse that interested me since then that wasn't of the same logitech sub type is saitek's MMO7/RAT7 mainly because I can adjust it to have about the same size as what I like, and even that is questionable. I have actual problems using typical PC mice at this point because I'm so used to the MX510/518 form factor.

Deleted
    You don't need any fancy overpriced crap for any game, let alone GW2.
    I agree on this part with GW2.
    On other games where u have 30+ keybinds a gamepad will more or less crush a keyboard performance wise due to supreme mobility (thumb+mouse) that free's up your 4 other left hand fingers.
    Ive been using my G13 unit for 3 years now and I can honestly say its the best gaming equipment ive ever bought.
    If there was a cheaper alternative at the time that had equal or better options to it, I would prob have bought that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Something worth noting is that g13 and nostromo are meant for games with more binds then normal keyboard easily allows for with wasd layout.

GW2 is not one of those games because of low total amount of skills and other buttons needed to play the game. You can fairly comfortably bind wasd's surroundings with everything action-related in GW2 and still have a couple of buttons to spare if you have a decent mouse. And if you use modifiers which will now be allowed, you'll find yourself with healthy surplus of keys.
    This is exactly how I feel. The minimal controls and new modifier keys almost temps me to try mapping to a gamepad controller to see what that's like, but the thought of not using a mouse for selecting and turning makes me quickly reconsider.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Support added in today's patch
    Hi bro, can u tell me how u installed this "patch" i have last logitech game software but i cant find profile for GW2 and i need to create one by my self, i really want a LCD applet. Thank you
    Last edited by mmocd490ccaf5d; 2012-08-22 at 05:01 AM.

remember folks that you ca bind multipli buttons on guild wars 2. right now i use my mouse wheel button to dogde, going also for F key for healing and E key for looting etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ALiENr0x View Post
    Hi bro, can u tell me how u installed this "patch" i have last logitech game software but i cant find profile for GW2 and i need to create one by my self, i really want a LCD applet. Thank you
    It was a normal game patch. You shouldn't need to do anything.

There isn't a keybind profile, it's just the game using the Logitech API to display info on the screen.