Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice celestial serpent!

Again, im not impressed with the spell changes...

Perhaps you become a celestial form of your race when you mount the celestial dragon? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Perhaps you become a celestial form of your race when you mount the celestial dragon? Just a thought.
    Could be a mob, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    The pet battle music is AMAZING! This just gets me even more excited for this new feature. Blizzard can always get one thing right...the amazing music they make for their games.

No rogue changes? What is happening here? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    The pet battle music is AMAZING! This just gets me even more excited for this new feature. Blizzard can always get one thing right...the amazing music they make for their games.
    Yeah its actually warcraft 2 music... brings back good memories lol. But beware people will cry recycled content when they hear this music lol. I love it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Celestial serphant is either going to be pet store mount or collectors edition mount. Just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientNecro View Post
    They should have gone with a magical friendship minigame instead; might have helped rebuild the community and only attracted the mature players.
    2/10, jimmies remain unrustled.

If only they could think of something to implement that would take players out of the boring cities and place them in the world where they could acquire things and use them to interact with others simply for the sake of entertainment... maybe another difficulty setting for raids?
    Maybe some nice world PVP that players have been clamoring for? Nope, gotta cater to Facebook users/children and implement another minigame.

I wouldn't be surprised to find most of the playerbase that raids has no interest in heroic raiding. Same bosses with slightly different mechanics and higher numbers may be more challenging, but in no way is it the "additional content" that people are requesting.
    "Slightly different" is the understatement of the century.

For Dragon Soul, yes, the heroics were lackluster, but T11/T12, you cannot tell me that the Heroics were only "slightly different".
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Maybe some nice world PVP that players have been clamoring for? Nope, gotta cater to Facebook users/children and implement another minigame.
    What, pray tell, leads you to the conclusion that they've relegated PvP assets to creating pet battles? Anything other than "I feel like it's true?"

It's just like people complaining that there will now be fewer new models, fewer new maps, fewer new... well, EVERYTHING. Apparently, the department that's working on the pet battles also encompasses 90% of the work on ALL of World of Warcrafts numerous facets?

And afaik, the only people "standing around the city" are the ones who have fully cleared all the raid content on normal and heroic. Which is....tiny fraction of playerbase. Either that or the ones that don't want to do heroic.
    I don't think you have an accurate gauge of exactly how many people are "standing around in cities." People stand around in cities waiting for queues to pop. People stand around in cities talking to guildies while flying in circles over Stormwind, hell, People stand around in cities just to stand around. I didn't clear normal DS up until recently, and I can tell you FIRST HAND, I did a helluva lot of just "standing around."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-06-06 at 03:33 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

Like what exactly, secondly what evidence do you have they did it for facebook users and *children*. I think you're the one acting childish here.

The celestial dragon and human are probably both part of the Elegon encounter. The dragon is what we fight and the human is who we communicate with either before or after the fight, just like Algalon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like pet battles are a way for Blizzard to provide a 'game' back into the game, one which isn't restricted and regulated by points caps and weekly restrictions..

I'm all for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegZero View Post
    Well I assumed Cloud Serpent rather than pre-MoP dragons, but it seems everything has been edited anyway!
    Yep. Now I can stop feeling as confused!
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Pet battles even more awesome now that it got warcraft 2 music, i'd guess orc themes are horde and human themes are alliance. :P Glad i rolled a horde, i like their music more.

It's too bad Mako passed away. I'd have needed to change my pants if he could have done the intro.

For reference, Mako voiced Iroh in the Avatar series.

Geez, now I want those MP3s of WCII music.

10+ Year Old Account
    the pet battle music reminds me of something you would hear in a NES/SNES rpg. i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't think you have an accurate gauge of exactly how many people are "standing around in cities." People stand around in cities waiting for queues to pop. People stand around in cities talking to guildies while flying in circles over Stormwind, hell, People stand around in cities just to stand around. I didn't clear normal DS up until recently, and I can tell you FIRST HAND, I did a helluva lot of just "standing around."
    I've seen it first hand too. Hell, I've done it.

I've cleared DS reg a few times in the last few months and I constantly see people milling around the cities. Honestly I welcome all of thise.

By his logic they should be yanking out pets, lets us have only two mounts, one air and one ground, and remove all the useless gadgets are in there just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kurisu7885 View Post
    By his logic they should be yanking out pets, lets us have only two mounts, one air and one ground, and remove all the useless gadgets are in there just for fun.
    So...implementing neat little pets that just follow you around, or nifty gadgets with silly on-use effects is the same thing as implementing an entire game within another game? With all the balancing and tweaking and management that comes with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".