Need a Gaming Laptop

Hey all. I have been a very long time lurker and obviously first time poster here. In fact, I find myself visiting the computer section of these forums more then the actual MMO subforums

During this summer and fall I will be spending quite a bit of time traveling and am in need of a good gaming laptop. My budget is around $2000 (If I can save some money that will obviously be great.)

Some games I plan to play on it include: Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim and other future titles. I would like to play these on max graphics with absolutely no issues. I also like to stream gameplay and FRAPS videos.

Thanks!
    -Revel

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming-laptops/

Here's the first result from Google.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9170-...wconfigure=yes
    Edits:
    Sager - 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3720QM
    IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
    AMD Radeon HD 7970M (2048MB) GDDR5 DX11 (ETA: Early June)
    128gb Crucial M4 Series Solid State Drive
    750gb 7200rpm
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Total: ~$1977, It'll run any games very good on maxed settings. (Except games like Metro 2033/Last Light & Battlefield 3 with AA)
    However when you do turn on FRAPS/XSplit it'll eat a chunk of your power.

Spending some extra money on the 2-3 year warranty would be a very nice thing to do too.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

When you say gaming laptop is it more towards a desktop replacement (ie. 17" screen beast that basically is just a desktop computer that's slightly easier to move around) or do you mean a portable gaming laptop (13.3" - 14" screen, decent specs, around 2-2.5kg in weight and has decent battery life)?

If its the first one, then its already linked above, however if you looking for a more mobile friendly option there are a couple coming out relatively soon.

Gigabyte U2442N - Has the option for gen 3 i7 coupled with a GT 640M video card (you'll play D3/SC2/WoW just fine, newer games or skyrim won't be max settings but very playable around medium-high)

Alienware M14X - You can spec it quite high with a gen 3 i7 and a GT650M obviously will play much the same as the gigabyte but the 650M is better then the 640M lol, its also alot heavier.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y480* - This is going to get a refresh pretty soon and come with the GT 650M or GTX 660M, if that becomes true its gonna be quite a beast.

Those have been the 2 I've been looking at as I look to replace my M11X R1, I'm more in the camp of having a laptop that is mobile, gives me decent battery life to get work done when I have to, lightweight enough to take on the road easily and still lets me play all the games I play with decent settings.

Only reason I linked these is because you said you were travelling, and carrying around a 17+ inch gaming laptop wouldn't be my cup of tea, but to each their own. I only see my laptop as a stop gap till I can get back to my desktop so it doesn't need to be amazing, just lightweight and portable with enough horse power to handle medium-high settings.
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M

Maybe i´m stuck in old school, but whenever i think of high end gaming i would never consider a laptop to be honest.

^ your not old school, "High-End" is still reserved for desktops, but you can still get very close to it with a laptop nowadays. Personally I just don't consider anything larger then 15" and weighing over 3kg to be a "laptop" their more of just portable desktops but that's just me

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother with Alienware, you're paying for the name.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Don't bother with Alienware, you're paying for the name.
    Agreed. If you're going to spend the money, the Asus G74SX is the laptop to get. At least Asus builds with quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Blulight View Post
    Agreed. If you're going to spend the money, the Asus G74SX is the laptop to get. At least Asus builds with quality.
    I'd say that for the M17x / M18x, but the M11X and M14X are quite good, I'd still pick some of the others on my list over the M14X just cause its quite heavy though.