Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[MoP] Should I stop playing my feral druid in MoP?

I've played my feral druid as my main since early vanilla where the best I could hope for was to offtank a corehound in mc or sit as a meatshield in ab and stop people from capping the flags till they eventually kill me. I've been mildly happy with the changes over the years till finally in wotlk (even then the idea I had to keep a silly buff up to do the damage of a normal class annoyed me) feral was made into a real spec which can actually fuffill a role. Now I notice that in MoP there seems to be a lot of focus on "switching" between forms again, which reminds me of the dark ages, (aka tbc) where I was expected to use the abilities of 3-4 other classes to beat them in a long drawn out fight. I have no urge to be constantly switching between forms, I don't feel I need such complicated gameplay and about 300000000000000 buttons on my bars again, I dont wish to play as all 4 roles and use abilities from each, I wish to play as a tank or a melee damage dealer. If this is where the class is heading, with cross account wide mounts (and possibility achivements in the future?) I think I'd rather just switch classes.

To people who are playing, Is this the reality in the MoP beta? and even if you're not, have you also got this kind of vibe from the patch notes?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    If you enjoy it, then of course not. Honestly wait and see for yourself.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    if you do pvp you will problely have to use your hybridness,
    if you do pve you are probely fine staying in a single spec in 25 man raids, in 10 man a lot of compensating is required so yes you should be using your hybrid ability's in 25 man there is plent of ppl to cover for you so you cna stay dps full time
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    if you do pvp you will problely have to use your hybridness,
    if you do pve you are probely fine staying in a single spec in 25 man raids, in 10 man a lot of compensating is required so yes you should be using your hybrid ability's in 25 man there is plent of ppl to cover for you so you cna stay dps full time
    more so than is required now in cata? (for both pve/pvp) I understand in pvp using some of the hybridness even now is a good idea, but in TBC you would never win, if you didn't use it, ever, not even against terrible players of other classes. I know in cata atm, even in the 10man, hybrid abilities are not really required, what makes it more so in MoP?

Deleted
    I don't know why do you play feral if you don't like switching forms. If you want pure melee dps re roll rogue or monk.

I play Resto Druid and I have so much binds also (pvp) and from druid class I enjoy only switching forms and being able to cc nothing else.

If they would force me to stay only in caster form as Resto Druid I would probably re roll some other healer because there is fun to swtich bear and bash someone or skull bash cast in important moment

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    more so than is required now in cata? (for both pve/pvp) I understand in pvp using some of the hybridness even now is a good idea, but in TBC you would never win, if you didn't use it, ever, not even against terrible players of other classes. I know in cata atm, even in the 10man, hybrid abilities are not really required, what makes it more so in MoP?
    well think about high damage phases, like ultraxion or such, i can see a feral using the hybrid healing powrs there as we will be the nr1 class to preform roles outside of our current role for 45 secs. whit some imba hybrid cooldowns.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have left Ferals the way they are in Cata, i was fine with that, we didnt need anything else, we just needed Root removal from shapeshifting back.

Savage Roar back to Wrath style killed the spec for me, why the hell do i have to chose between prebuffing my damage or doing shit dmg, retarded design. if i wont go tank or resto i will rerol something else or quit wow alltogether.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

15+ Year Old Account
    ppl wanted to have a difficult rotatino again like it wrath so i am happy whit it going bakc to wrath state. you dont have to choose between prebuffing or not, its not a choice, you have to prebuff is and use SR right after the first cp move
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    ppl wanted to have a difficult rotatino again like it wrath so i am happy whit it going bakc to wrath state. you dont have to choose between prebuffing or not, its not a choice, you have to prebuff is and use SR right after the first cp move
    In pve yes, not in pvp its dumb.

Offtopic, i was just on Beta testing Treants and i was surprised how much damage they doing, they do 30 attacks in 15 sec hit normally for 3.3k and crit up to 7k, this is on 85 dummy, with FFF on and no buffs, on Average i think they do 100k dmg every 1min.
    Last edited by Shifthappens; 2012-06-01 at 12:18 PM.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not worried about SR in pve RAID/DUNGEON rotations, that's easy enough, although, it is another annoying little tick we have to watch (WHICH BTW ISNT FUN), in pvp it pretty much makes it that we have to get a 5 point combo off to do the same damage as other classes, which just irritated the crap out of me. Not to mention the just normal questing, having to try to keep it up, means that we pretty much barely use combo points for anything else and it's just super dum, dumdumdumdumdum, dumdumdum and not fun.

I play a cat instead of a rogue because I've always played my druid as my main, rogue does have quite a different playstyle to a feral cat. I was just voicing my concerns and trying to confirm them over what I read in patch notes.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2012-06-02 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I'm not worried about SR in pve RAID/DUNGEON rotations, that's easy enough, although, it is another annoying little tick we have to watch (WHICH BTW ISNT FUN), in pvp it pretty much makes it that we have to get a 5 point combo off to do the same damage as other classes, which just irritated the crap out of me. Not to mention the just normal questing, having to try to keep it up, means that we pretty much barely use combo points for anything else and it's just super dum, dumdumdumdumdum, dumdumdum and not fun.

I play a cat instead of a rogue because I've always played my druid as my main, rogue does have quite a different playstyle to a feral cat. I was just voicing my concerns and trying to confirm them over what I read in patch notes.
    It is fun, compare SR to Lambs To The Slaughter(warrior thing), and actually paying attention as to when you do what as opposed to rip>rake>SR, it used to be fun and challenging doing feral dps back in the day, now it's just half assed trash, keep SR up as much as you can, keep rip/rake at 95% uptime every second rake with TF small energy pooling so you can use proccs(if you have any) and that's just about it.
    TL; DR SR feral is more fun than new one+ we needed a thing that kept us in check with the newfound(old) mobility as we were quite broken without the old 30% SR. So go figure.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

I don't get why people complain about changing forms. That is what druids are about!!!!!!!!111
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

15+ Year Old Account
    In pvp you use the glyth for 12 secs sr for 0 cp
    Other classes got like slice and dice or that ret pally thing
    On topic that feral burst dmb is already high this work to lower it in burst
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, SR as it was may be fine in pve raids, but in pvp as well as just questing and soloing in general, it's not fun.

Yes, you should stop playing your Feral druid in Mists.

You will want to spec swap to Guardian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Savage Roar can be cast in Prowl on Beta without breaking it if you have a glyph, this is good!

Deleted
    I totally agree with topic starter. I really hate to switch forms in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    I totally agree with topic starter. I really hate to switch forms in combat.
    For PvE i can understand that sentiment.

For PvP..um, isn't that like half the benefit of being a druid in pvp? (at the very least from form to travel and back)
    Shifting breaking snares/roots etc , shifting to caster for ranged attacks/cc/heals, etc and then back. Shifting to bear to turtle. It's in pvp where the versatility of shifting brings you lots of options that it can really shine.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2012-06-07 at 02:21 PM.

You fail to see the potential SR gives us, and you want to faceroll your way to where you are now instead of opening your mind and learning how to adapt to the new stuff that we got potentially gaining much much more than you are able to do right now. You fail to realise that the reason feral rootshifting was nerfed was because SR was changed so we had shit tons of bleed damage that could almost effortlessly be applied to multiple targets, absolutely breaking us as a melee and making us really similar to affliction warlocks(a much harder version of affliction warlocks, but close). Thing that would warrant us having the rootshift and being the ideal melee for all meleecleaves again is SR coming back, what it means is with sr( A single finisher at 5cp) you get it for 41sec right?
    And if they fix it that it can't be dispelled by tranq shot, we'll be beasts, like it's not even fun sitting on 5cp for ages in pvp just waiting to refresh bleeds over and over, having nothing to spend them on unless I'm under heavy peel and need the instant clone. It is in return giving us more PS proccs as we are using more combo points. If we are correctly balanced with the SR change, we will be able to compete with rogues in pvp, and that's what counts.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Yes, in my opinion, you should have rerolled years ago if you don't enjoy switching forms. Form switching is core to druids. I mainly play resto, but I will pop into bear to stun something, or cat to interupt, I pop travel to get out of the nasty when its possible, or cat-dash when its not. Druids revolve around poping forms now and again.

Sure if your a bear tank you do it less (only to brez or move quickly), and if your moonkin you probably do it slightly more than bears but less than me (resto).

In pvp its vital. But I think you will actually see less of it since feral tank is getting shed off in guardian spec.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]