Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Don't understand why they have to be so forthright with all their campaigns. All the extreme things they do only attract more lunatics instead of influencing the average person who should be PETA's main target audience. They will always be a minority of people as they only appeal to a minority. Organisations like the WWF have it, they don't force their ideologies down your throat, they let you make up your own mind. If people want to make a change it has to be their decision or they'll never have any conviction to the cause.

So all this site shows me is that PETA is supported by people with no self respect that they would let 10 men run a train on them for money. Great message PETA!

I am mostly vegetarian. I ONLY eat plants. And animals that eat plants. Ah ha ha.

Deleted
    Hmmm yeah no. I'm still for killing animals for the benefit of our race.

Alright, I think PETA needs to confront the elephant in their room;

I don't think they realise just how tasty animals really are.

Stop giving them attention. Once upon a time they may have had good intentions but that is long gone.

I am a supporter of ethical treatment of animals, but PETA makes me absolutely sick. If they would resort to less grandstanding and masturbatory ego-stroking from their high-horses and actually help animals instead, I might feel a bit better about them.

Sometimes I think PETA must be an agent provocateur put in place to make the animals rights movement look bad.

I don't care about what people say about PETA. I support their goals, and I applaud their methods

I support PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals. I have to ask, if we weren't intended to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    I don't care about what people say about PETA. I support their goals, and I applaud their methods
    Their methods make animal rights activisits look like lunatics that people shouldn't take seriously. How can you support the goals and their methods? they are often working against each other.
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I am mostly vegetarian. I ONLY eat plants. And animals that eat plants. Ah ha ha.
    awww, you should try shark. it's delicious even if it doesn't eat plants.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Their methods make animal rights activisits look like lunatics that people shouldn't take seriously. How can you support the goals and their methods? they are often working against each other.
    People might say their methods are extreme and insane. As for me, I think making an erotic site to get their point across is a genious move

Also, this:

http://peta.xxx/WhyNaked.aspx

10+ Year Old Account
    People might say their methods are extreme and insane. As for me, I think making an erotic site to get their point across is a genious move
    It's more the fact that the majority of people say that, and it's people they are trying to force to change their ways, so their methods are self-defeating if it makes them look like idiots and doesn't achieve that goal.
    My Brand!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_376841.html

REALLY?

Now that I can by no strech of the imagination understand.

Here we go, had to look through my folders to find it but this is pretty relevant to PETA.

If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Ron jeremy lolwut i am loling so hard, they actually got some really cute girls protesting. But meh I will never take them seriously, hilarious site.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    It's more the fact that the majority of people say that, and it's people they are trying to force to change their ways, so their methods are self-defeating if it makes them look like idiots and doesn't achieve that goal.
    It's pretty obvious that the people that go against their views are going to disagree and find whatever insults they can to try to humiliate them. Their methods aren't self-defeating nor does it make them look like idiots, it's just the people that disagree with them that say that. Their methods are polemic. They get more attention by making an erotic site or something crazy like that than by making a peaceful manifestation. To label them as mere "lunatics" is to undervalue their audacity and their knowledge of marketing tactics.

Now then, I'm not saying I agree with everything they say or they do. I just find their tactics to be a lot more cunning than many people say
    Last edited by Knight Gil; 2012-06-06 at 06:27 PM.

I think PETA animal facilities lead the nation in animals being put down ratio to animals finding homes. I think they are lying extremist hypocrites and need to be wiped off the face of the earth.

Ugh.

I'm a firm supporter of protecting animals from harm. I, myself, would never even hurt or kill a mouse. I feel guilty when I smash spiders and bugs. It's just how I am. I value the life of all things, no matter how small.

However, Peta never fails to piss me off. There's just something about them that irritates me immensely. I would like to think a group who would work so hard to support animals and protect them from violence and harm would be more... dignified. But they're always so trashy, they've long since become a joke. All their superbowl ads are always banned and stuff for being too racy. Instead of trying to get a serious message out, it's always some cheesecake thing of some voluptuous blonde in a bra doing suggestive things to a zucchini in support of 'sexy vegetarianism'. It just seems really stupid.

And now this. This glimmering diamond of the internet. I have nothing against adult sites or entertainment, but when you're desperately trying to get through to people as a serious cause with sincere merit behind it, I really don't think this is the way to do it. So dumb.