Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Once you go Hardcore, Normal is no more

I will start this thread with a picture http://imgur.com/RIxFO

So, lets go back 2 weeks, Diablo 3 launch. You got the game, played as much as possible to be able to hit 60. Once you did that, did you go straight to Inferno or did you start playing hardcore? Or maybe you lvled to lvl 10 and started hardcore asap.
    I probably did the the same as many others, got to 60 but instead of rushing into Inferno, i started to play Hardcore, why you may ask, because it is such a greater challenge.

I sit on skype with my friends while they are farming Inferno gear and of course they die alot, talking about skipping Champions etc because they are to hard. I laugh my ass off when they die , but where is the fun in dying over and over? Isn't the higher difficulties supposed to be a challenge and not just skip what's hard? Whenever i go back to "Softcore" now i just find it incredibly boring, one reason is probably because you are not worried about dying, you just ress and be like oh well.
    Sorry for this little rant but my question is why did u choose hardcore/normal? There is the obvious reasons like " i don't wanna loose my character ". But why did u choose the other mode over the other?

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose hardcore because...well I like the tension. That, and I think it takes more skill overall. It's too easy in softcore to run suicide runs in order to clear a pack rather than being smart about it. I like the added challenge in knowing I could lose everything (and I have).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore isn't for me, that's for sure. I would go insane if I managed to get to Inferno and only to die there before killing Diablo. The very idea makes my stomach turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Hardcore isn't for me, that's for sure. I would go insane if I managed to get to Inferno and only to die there before killing Diablo. The very idea makes my stomach turn.
    There are depressing moments. I was in a huge funk for a whole day after my 48 died to Azmodan on Nightmare. Nightmare!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore death due to lag would make me toss my computer through a wall, thus I don't play hardcore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    Hardcore death due to lag would make me toss my computer through a wall, thus I don't play hardcore.
    Haha yeah that sure would be annoying, happend once but only in act 4 normal. Virus Scan

i Agree with the OP, Hardcore is more fun (for me) too, because it feels way more rewarding to get things done there

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I chose hardcore because...well I like the tension. That, and I think it takes more skill overall. It's too easy in softcore to run suicide runs in order to clear a pack rather than being smart about it. I like the added challenge in knowing I could lose everything (and I have).
    Nothing is as exciting to see a pack with fire chains, fast, jailer and avenger charging towards you and you all you think is ..... fuck.

Deleted
    lol

go hard or go home basically

it's hilarious when you die in hardcore - that's why i like it, you can detach yourself from diablo 3 on hardcore and that's how gaming should be imo

I personally won't ever do HC just cause lag might kill you, then you're screwed. It'd be extremely annoying if you lost your character due to the server being dumb, or your internet lagging for whatever reason, if it (mostly) never lags. Like mine does, but very rarely. I'd agree though that it is more rewarding because well....one deadly mistake and all those hours are gone forever. :P

I will try hardcore eventually, but I'm waiting for them to balance the game out a bit more before I invest my time. I cannot even imagine the rage i'd feel minding my own business then running into a Vortex/Jailer/xxx mob to get vortexed and 1 shotted. Playing softcore a lot of the time I can't even imagine how hardcore players do it... Not even thinking about lag deaths...
    Last edited by Believeinapathy; 2012-06-06 at 04:15 PM.

I chose softcore because I normally have too many distractions when I play. 2 yr old daughter, wife, work phone calls, just too much to focus on for HC with all that. Secondary reason, is I am hoping to make a little cash on the side farming Inferno with RMAH and no RMAH in HC. I doubt I'll be able to make much, but if it's free, can cover the cost of my game, get MoP for free, why wouldn't I?

That said, I will try HC eventually, and progress very slowly as the only time I'll do it is on weekends during daughter's nap time. It's the only time I feel I can give the game enough attention to play HC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I chose softcore because I normally have too many distractions when I play. 2 yr old daughter, wife, work phone calls, just too much to focus on for HC with all that. Secondary reason, is I am hoping to make a little cash on the side farming Inferno with RMAH and no RMAH in HC. I doubt I'll be able to make much, but if it's free, can cover the cost of my game, get MoP for free, why wouldn't I?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBFt2WUqQx8

that would be u babes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Believeinapathy View Post
    I will try hardcore eventually, but I'm waiting for them to balance the game out a bit more before I invest my time. I cannot even imagine the rage i'd fell minding my own business then running into a Vortex/Jailer/xxx mob to get vortexed and 1 shotted. Playing softcore a lot of the time I can't even imagine how hardcore players do it... Not even thinking about lag deaths...
    So far I've never had lag or a lag death. Ever.

Now, as for mobs, well...that's part of the fun. I've dealth with vortex chains or vortex molten or desecrator morter...all the things that are hell for a melee to deal with, and made it through it just fine. You just have to be strategic.

Deleted
    After I saw Kungen on the stream I actually decided to go hardcore too. Its not that I think Inferno isnt hard enough but imo completing hell (hardcore) is probably a bigger feat than completing inferno (softcore). For once you have to think about the gear you wear, on softcore as a ranged I would just stack dex/int and +crit chance while on hardcore you have to play the game the way it was meant to be played (with fuck loads of all resist).

Im currently in hell on my hardcore char, have been progressing slowly the last 2 weeks without a single character death so far.

Forgot to mention that hardcore has 99 less "bugs" and exploits simply because you cant cheat your way to act 4 etc and then not die.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2012-06-06 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't gotten far in hardcore yet, though first time playing diablo games. Both of my deaths(extremely low level, 14 on a witch doctor) have been extremely unlucky though. My friend I'm playing with hasn't died yet >.< he came close a few times though.

Switching over to normal for now while playing solo just to try out different characters and see what I like, and get used to it more.

But anyways, my friends all chose hardcore due to the difficulty, said they wanted a better challenge. Says it's not as challenging knowing you can just die over and over. I'll play normal with other friends who don't like hardcore, but I do prefer it, a lot more fun beating bosses on hardcore than normal.

Edit: Make that 3 deaths, actually. Waller goatmen+3 of those trees with the plant mines+narrow path=death in two seconds.
    Last edited by personn5; 2012-06-06 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    After I saw Kungen on the stream I actually decided to go hardcore too. Its not that I think Inferno isnt hard enough but imo completing hell (hardcore) is probably a bigger feat than completing inferno (softcore). For once you have to think about the gear you wear, on softcore as a ranged I would just stack dex/int and +crit chance while on hardcore you have to play the game the way it was meant to be played (with fuck loads of all resist).

Im currently in hell on my hardcore char, have been progressing slowly the last 2 weeks without a single character death so far.

Forgot to mention that hardcore has 99 less "bugs" and exploits simply because you cant cheat your way to act 4 etc and then not die.
    Clearly no character deaths or you wouldn't be playing!!

But yeah - lot less bugs. You can't really exploit. No suicide bugs with Tyrael, for instance, or zerging champion packs through death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post

Ah yeah this pretty much sums it all up, hardcore is the way diablo is ment to be played. Now i just need to convert my friends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Clearly no character deaths or you wouldn't be playing!!
    I meant to say that its my first HC char and still havent died yet

Deleted
    Ahah. I started a Hc character with a friend (Currently Act III normal) and it seems pretty fun, though I can imagine raging when I inevitably die...
    Also, I feel sorry for Kungen :X all the time he's spent and his Barb dies to alt tab and his Monk dies when his internet goes down >.< poor guy...