Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I feel sorry for Kungen :X all the time he's spent and his Barb dies to alt tab and his Monk dies when his internet goes down >.< poor guy...
    This is basically the reason I DON'T play hardcore. Sure it's shitloads of excitement, but in the end I would die anyway (probably in normal already) and be so pissed off. Having lost everything you spend all those hours for, having to begin from 1 once again ...

It's like getting hacked, legally hacked.

Kungen is TERRIBLE! There are some better, methodical players who are REAL NERDS, not fake COMMERCIAL NERDS, who are now progressing into late ACT 2 and ACT 3. Hardcore separates the men from the boys. L2P Softcore nublets. Blame lag harder!

And hey... when I DIE IN MARIO I DON'T CRY BECAUSE I LOST ALL THOSE LEVELS I "WORKED HARD" TO GET TO! I RESET AND PEW PEW AGAIN. HARDCORE IS NO DIFFERENT!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Much respect to you HC players, Losing all your hardwork because of probably X something that you can't control happens to you is pretty horrible haha

PvP Hardcore will just be a separate PvP setup. You don't die or lose gear, but your gear availability is way different than the live realms. Real PvP on hardcore, crappy exploit child PvP on Softcore!

I don't see the point, if i create a hardcore i will reach inferno on the first try, that's for sure.
    Then what ? farm goblin for a month?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hx9 View Post
    Kungen is TERRIBLE! There are some better, methodical players who are REAL NERDS, not fake COMMERCIAL NERDS, who are now progressing into late ACT 2 and ACT 3. Hardcore separates the men from the boys. L2P Softcore nublets. Blame lag harder!

And hey... when I DIE IN MARIO I DON'T CRY BECAUSE I LOST ALL THOSE LEVELS I "WORKED HARD" TO GET TO! I RESET AND PEW PEW AGAIN. HARDCORE IS NO DIFFERENT!
    There are commercial nerds these days? I am amused.

Quote Originally Posted by Reezpkt View Post
    I belive he is 28 but i've only seen one and that was when he logged in on hes laptop because it was a bug in-game, but fair enough
    He almost died to diablo and went and paused the game then logged in his other PC to cheat the death. It wasn't a bug. He caught a bit of lag, which in my mind isn't a bug or a reason to exploit the system. He might as well play SC if he is going to do shit like that. Lag is part of gaming. Its the risk you take.

On a side note, I didn't mean kid in a derogatory manner. Its what i've called people since HS Baseball.

I havent died a single time yet in normal mode but I seriously won't waste any time on hardcore, to many laggspikesnad it seems pointless

Deleted

Oh you mean chest exploting Kripparian?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    I don't see the point, if i create a hardcore i will reach inferno on the first try, that's for sure.
    Then what ? farm goblin for a month?
    Yes, exactly.

Deleted
    I will never play hardcore. Because I don't see what's so hardcore on working to overgear your character before you progress into by then far outleveled/outgeared content.

Don't get me wrong, I love challenges in gaming. I am competetive by nature, I love full body loot in mmos, I am a big fan of "real" difficulty in single player gaming as well, games like the ninja gaiden series or god of war where only skill will help you out in the end.

Diablo 3 is a very different kind of game though. the difficulty is entirely artificial. I tried HC way back in D2 and for me it just feels like a giant waste of time when a character dies.

I am starting to get a little bored with Diablo 3 but I will definitely not go hardcore because it's the exact same thing, not more difficult, just more punishing.
    I can see the appeal but personally, for my daily adrenaline kicks I have Tribes ascend!

Instead I will play one of the many games on my backlog. Probably going to start playing Skyrim for the first time as soon as the summer DLC hits :-)

I dont need hardcore mode to push me to play strategically. I play normal as if I was playing hardcore, figuring out how to kill mobs without dying. Hardcore to me is a masochist's game. I am not perfect, nor are any of you, so having a game depend on me not making a mistake (aka perfection) is not my idea of a good time.

Deleted

exactly. When I played Mario as a kid I just started over. Thing is, as an adult I got better stuff to do. You'll learn that one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    With D3 being online only, I see no reason in playing hardcore and dying because of lagg and not my own failures.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Thanks for everyones opinion, it gave me alot to think about!

15+ Year Old Account
    I made a hardcore character and died because I got stuck in the terrain. No thanks.

I will never touch Hardcore. There's too many things that can go wrong on top of only being able to die once. I fear of what I might do to my computer if I were to die due to something that was out of my control. If I were to die at level 40 due to player error I could handle that, but to die at 40 because of lag, a disconnect due to some error #, or something else would just result in something getting broken.

Deleted
    Even though I do play hardcore once in a while, one thing bothers me...I'd like to start at Nightmare.

I love playing roguelike games, and one of the things some good roguelikes have is that they are challenging from the beginning. With Diablo 3 I have to grind through normal first to get some challenge. And 'challenge' is a big word for nightmare, but at least you have to pay attention once in a while.

So in a sense, you have to be bored for quite some hours before you can start having fun with your hardcore character =(

Deleted
    Hardcore is just not for me. I generally like the idea about permadeath to keep me on my does but the risk should be fairly small just to keep me from doing stupid things, for example killing everyone on town or running till the end of dungeon. However, in D3, death is inevitable, if not in normal or NM and maybe even in hell if youre very careful, then in inferno. Having to be on my toes and risk losing the character every second is just not fun. (at all)

You can beat Mario in an hour or two. FAR less if you use the warp zone (equivalent of someone giving you a WP in D3. Until 1.03 hits that is).

Takes far longer than that to get from 1-60 in Diablo3. These power level guides I see are typically 1-50 in 4 hours.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.