Herbalism...WHAT TO DO?!

Hi guys, i farmed herb and ores for hours the past couple of days. I have gotten so many herbs and have no idea what to do with them to make money. I was told that instead of just straight selling them, you can mill them for money? I dont want to just sell them, so if anyone has any idea of what i could do, please let me know!

Deleted
    well if the price isnt high just for the herbs then you need another profession such as inscription to mill them (check prices) or alchemy, but check the prices of things you intend to make. If the cost of the item is less the cost of the mats, then dont make it.

Agree, take a look at price.

I always liked to just sell the herbs rather than craft something. That way the market will be larger since they can do w/e they want with the herbs, even though you probably won't make as much of a profit if you were to craft them in to something else, such as pots.

dont do alchemy. worthless now with lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    dont do alchemy. worthless now with lfr.
    I'm not sure I understand this. I guess you are saying people don't need flasks? I have alchemy on a bunch of toons for the beginning of expansion transmutes. Otherwise I use the alchemists flask all the time. It gives me the tradeskill stat buff and makes me not feel guilty about always being too cheap to use the flasks I should.

As far as professions go, if you don't want to sell the herbs you can go inscription or alchemy. I wouldn't count on professions as a way to make money, but it can happen. Alchemy pretty much gives you the flask I mentioned above, and inscription gives you free shoulder enchants so you don't have to grind out therazane rep.

Your call.

Deleted
    Alchemy in terms of pots and flasks has been very poor in Cata because lots of people do not make the jump beyond lfr level.
    Alchemy will be much more worthwhile next expansion because there will be a greater demand for flasks for much longer.

You could take up inscription (or jewelcrafting, to use the ores). You would need to drop a profession though (assuming you don't have any high level alts around), so you need to have an idea of what you're getting in to.

For inscription, you need to sink some money into it before it gets profitable. Couple of thousand, minimum, I'd say. Varies by server.

Deleted
    Inscription is worthless imo. Every server has a few hardcore glyph sellers who will out camp most of new scribes. So if you are looking for to camp AH 18h/day and have enough gold and supplies to outlast "walling" and other methods go for it.

underminejournal is your friend

Deleted
    Mill them, Turn into glyphs, sell on ah, repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have room for it (bankalt+guildbank is your friend) you could try save it for MoP or right before when people want to power level professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snolove View Post
    Hi guys, i farmed herb and ores for hours the past couple of days. I have gotten so many herbs and have no idea what to do with them to make money. I was told that instead of just straight selling them, you can mill them for money? I dont want to just sell them, so if anyone has any idea of what i could do, please let me know!
    Well it depends what level herbs and ores you mined. If you don't plan on selling them and if you are levelling an alt, level 2 crafting professions and use those mats for them. You can't really do much besides selling them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this thread is still being read by Snolove but I'll try anyway.

There are a lot of things you could do with your herbs. To maximize your profits you should go to the Underminejournal website and check out the prices on the different stuff that you can turn your herbs into. It's always a big difference between servers so no one can tell you for sure.
    What I could tell you though is what my favorite ones are.
    - Mill-> Mysterious Fortune Card-> Fortune Cookie
    - Mill-> Glyphs
    - Potions (make sure you have a Alchemist who is a Potion Master)
    - Flask (make sure you have a Alchemist who is a Elixir Master)

Cheers