Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigam View Post
    I've been using a caster staff for eminence healing so far on the beta, but I was wondering if anybody had tried 1h and offhand or had tried both and had an opinion on which will be better overall healing for us?
    I have tried both out, and in the end its almost equal healing. With a 2-hand you hit kinda fast and a 1-hand you get a bonus for 70% more auto attack dmg.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 12:16 AM ----------

our 4-set got nerfed :S kinda much

Hmm they basically made our 4 piece not worth picking up now. hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakas View Post
    Hmm they basically made our 4 piece not worth picking up now. hmm.
    You still may end up getting it pending on how itemization is on non-tier pieces.

Legs and Helm are terrible. So probably not.

Deleted
    My god. That 4-piece is now more worthless then ever, I almost never use Enveloping Mist.

Deleted
    Ugh, T13 holy paladin all over again. Perhaps think of a creative set bonus other than nerfing the existing one in to the ground blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Ugh, T13 holy paladin all over again. Perhaps think of a creative set bonus other than nerfing the existing one in to the ground blizzard?
    Yea i was thinking on that also, They nerf the set bonus befor anyone can use it or even test it out

Jade Serpent Statue now on a 30 second cd with only a 3% base mana increase. Great quality of life change at only a slightly higher mana cost!

Thats true but ReM and EM got nerfed And GC said our lvl 30 talents will get dmg nerfed in a later build also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    My god. That 4-piece is now more worthless then ever, I almost never use Enveloping Mist.
    EM is our best spell for ManaTea-Stacking; there's a lot of situation where it's not only usefull but almost necessary. It's one of our best HPS throughtput spell too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatrixx View Post
    EM is our best spell for ManaTea-Stacking; there's a lot of situation where it's not only usefull but almost necessary. It's one of our best HPS throughtput spell too.
    I don't really question the usefullness of EM, I think it's situational and difficult to cast, 3 chi is really high and I prefer spending 2 in Chi Burst/Chi Wave. Meanwhile the 4-piece is a really small bonus on a spell we don't use very often, that's what I'm saying. 25% was fine because EM is only a really small part of our healing breakdown.

Deleted
    Actually, is there any formula or criteria about Chi Wave's jumps?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Thats true but ReM and EM got nerfed And GC said our lvl 30 talents will get dmg nerfed in a later build also
    I'd suggest you re-read what he said though. Keep it in context as well. He was commenting on a Windwalker DPS Monk's T30 talents (the damage portion), not necessarily the Mistweaver's portion (obv healing).

There are some nerfs coming to the level 30 row, that should resolve this. It’s not intended that the level 30 row is a pure DPS increase for Windwalkers, but should provide a very strong option for trading a little damage for a lot of healing.
    The only *nerf* to healing throughput I could see here as a result would be Eminence healing.

Well arent eminance a part of the throughput for MWs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Well arent eminance a part of the throughput for MWs?
    To an extent yes, but only in very rare situations had our T30 talents been a significant amount of Eminence. It will be a nerf, but a fairly minor one.
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2012-08-18 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    If I choose a mistweaver monk will i be able to do enough dmg to level up?

The damage a MW puts out is low compared to other dps specs/classes but with the heals you get you're pretty unkillable. I leveled an 85 premade part as WW and part as MW and they both had some annoyances but MW was certainly viable.

a good portion of our DPS back from when I leveled my MW has been nerfed pretty badly. While yes you can solo level a MW 85-90 you would be better off pairing up with maybe another monk that is leveling for 80-90.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 02:53 PM ----------

The problem with EM is that it is a situational heal (due to it's high Chi Cost) Mostly effective for single target - tank healing. Which until the massive increase to our AoE healing was pretty much what we were strongest at. Now we seem to get pigeonholed into this AoE SCK / Uplift spam style (at least for 25m). While that is fine, ...I personally am not a fan of our AoE heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    To an extent yes, but only in very rare situations had our T30 talents been a significant amount of Eminence. It will be a nerf, but a fairly minor one.
    Agreed.
    The only situations the T30 talents are really helpful I would say is in PVP but again, they aren't huge nerfs.
    I've been able to 1v1 Rogues/Warriors/Fire Mages/Hunters(Just not BM) with no issue thanks to Chi Wave.

ATM, the most HP/DPS I've been able to achieve in LFR is 50-70K HPS(Depending on fight) and around 14-20k DPS.
    Most of which most of my healing is Renewing Mists followed up by Eminence from stance & statue.

I'm debating adding a separate section for 25m reforging.

Affiniti, did you try out SCK healing with a shit ton of mastery?
    I've got about 25-26% mastery for LFR(all reforged once you hit the first haste cap) and the amount of healing spheres you can proc is insane in a 25man raid and it ends up being #2 or #3 on Skada.

Edit: Would like to add my thoughts on 2PC/4PC.
    They are shit, hands down.

2PC: This is something I tend to use for the quick-oh-shit moments. 10% is minor and while its nice, isn't really worth sacrificing a tier peice on something so meh.
    4PC: Nice in a 10man for preparing for big tank damage. That's the only time I really used EVM a lot. After the nerf, I personally am going to let other healers grab their tier pieces. Though, I expect the bonuses to get a revamp before Mists is live. These are just horrible, lol.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-08-18 at 08:10 PM.

I cant get Chi wave work for me, it stops jump after it hit 1 mob.

And the 4-set is bad imo, well both 2-set and 4-set is and especily from a melee point where our SuM is already instand and no mana cost. A 5% buff for EvM where they nerfed it by more this build is not usefull eaither