Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Personally im going to be going with

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] Chi burst

Prefer to have my mouse hovering over grid, I use a mouse over macro to set focus before a boss fight.

Edit: Hey EGT, Could we get a list of all the spells Mistweavers will/can use. Since it's a guide in future if someone wants to try a monk out it'd be good to list each useful spell and the situation their primarily used for plus a ranking on how useful it actually is.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-08 at 08:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] Chi burst
    to do the same thing w/o losing your current target ?

My bad wrote that while on my phone.
    Yea, Love @focus macros

Will fix that now.

Deleted
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    My bad wrote that while on my phone.
    Yea, Love @focus macros

Will fix that now.
    Except with Chi Burst you don't always want the heal to go to the focus. It acts like Light of Dawn using the macro I posted. You mouseover the person you want to be the focal point of the heal. In a raid that could be any number of people in any number of directions. A focus macro completely negates that flexibility.
    Last edited by reale; 2012-06-09 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Clear

I'll be adding "Healing through damage" section once I get the time today.
    I would also love to add a macro section in the days ahead so if you have a macro you would like to submit, you can either message me or post it here.

Been a long day.. ^^

I been doing all the heroics now on beta to test out the melee healing style. I focus to have much spirit and haste and reforge away from mastery since its kinda useless.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5593237464 that is a good ide imo and would suite better for a mistweaver.

It is fun to heal like this and if you do as blizz said in a blue post, that dont use abilities that dont do dmg it works really good. Ofc if someone standing in fire/water/poison you need to cast real heals also.

Always have statue out on boss fights. Im using Jab*4 to get 2 buffs off BoK up and then Jab*3 for the TP buff. After that i keep refreshing them and betwen when i have Chi i use Chi Burts since its nice healing and dmg. And i didnt know that you can cast it on a friendly target. So i always cast it on the mob or friendly target that stands behind most mobs so it will hit as much as possible. i try to cast ReM on CD for Chi and i also try to remember cast expel harm for Chi. Some boss fights its abit harder to heal wiht melee, like 3rd boss in "gate of the setting sun" to much movement and the poison on the ground makes it hard. I get alot of manatea stacks so i never close to go oom just need to zip the tea betwen when you think you have time and your buffs is not going to run out.

As talents i have celerity, chi burst, ascension, deadly reach and the tiger. RJW is useless on boss i think and they should redo it or make a new one. Chi torpedo heals for so little and its worth having. The tiger does good dmg witch all goes into healing.

Glyphs i use ReM, SM and SCK. Wiht the TP buff you get instant SM and can cast it wihtout taking the boss focus off, ReM is always good if it spreads so far it cant, SCK i took cuz i didnt find anyother good for dps healing. might switch it to manatea

I would want blizz to make a lvl 90 talent thats more for mistweavers then dps/tank. i been watching aladins and priest lvl 90 talents and all of them are so much better then monks. Something like that i would want monks to have.

This is what i have for melee healing atm. Suck that im from EU and cant post on the US beta forums in the mistweaver thread, so much good to read there and things i want to comment.
    Link to it if someone havent read it yet. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3776520?page=1
    Last edited by Tatuin; 2012-06-09 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reale View Post
    Except with Chi Burst you don't always want the heal to go to the focus. It acts like Light of Dawn using the macro I posted. You mouseover the person you want to be the focal point of the heal. In a raid that could be any number of people in any number of directions. A focus macro completely negates that flexibility.
    That is being taken into account assuming that you stand in the back like you would with LoD

Ideally like...

Assuming there is raid wide damage the group should be stacked up.

There will be situations where both macros have their ups and downs which one is far better is yet to be known as raids are currently unavailable.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-09 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Forgot to reply to this last night >.<!

Haste also effects Renewing Mists.

I'm very interested to see how Mastery/Crit fair out in the end.
    It also effect soothing mists and CJL and Enveloping mist. So if they dont change our mastery haste will be the most important seconder stats after spirit

"Heals through damage" and Enchant sections have been added.
    Damage rotations soon to follow.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-06-10 at 08:14 PM.

Awesome. Hopefully we get a sticky soon.

Edit: Noticed your missing gloves enchant at this current moment, I assume your still weighing it out?

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/104416-e...-greater-haste

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/104420-e...perior-mastery
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-11 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Awesome. Hopefully we get a sticky soon.

Edit: Noticed your missing gloves enchant at this current moment, I assume your still weighing it out?

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/104416-e...-greater-haste

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/104420-e...perior-mastery
    Lets hope so soon!

Indeed, that's correct.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-06-11 at 03:39 AM.

Deleted
    Very nice guide, I especially like the format.

The only thing I'd like to see is the glyph section to be expanded a bit, adding all the possible choices instead of only listing 3. This way it won't look like they are the mandatory ones.

Anything else looks really nice, though. If there were a way to vote for a sticky, I would!

First sorry for all miss spelling and stuff. On my phone.

I just read on the offical forum that most of our dmg attacks like jab, TP, BoK, chi torpedo, all of tier 2 talents are scaling wiht our attack power that we get from agility. So there is no diffrent if you are naked or have intell gear on they will heal for the same amount. So if you are melee healing the guy recomended go full agi gear and reforge to spirit for mana regen. I will test this myseof when im getting home and can post how it goes.

Also healing wiht melee is hard to top ppl off from really low healt. So would be great to have some sort of attack that would heal for kinda much as melee.

Another ide a guy had on the offical forum was adding a base heal for jab, TP and BoK. Just like SCK have. I totaly agree wiht it, it dont need to be alot but some base healing in seprent stance would be nice. Would also help wiht burst healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    I just read on the offical forum that most of our dmg attacks like jab, TP, BoK, chi torpedo, all of tier 2 talents are scaling wiht our attack power that we get from agility. So there is no diffrent if you are naked or have intell gear on they will heal for the same amount. So if you are melee healing the guy recomended go full agi gear and reforge to spirit for mana regen. I will test this myseof when im getting home and can post how it goes.
    Nope, they scale on AP (e.g : Jab's tooltip) and Stance of the Wise Serpent converts our Int into AP. So given the fact that's very unlikely that you'll ever heal only from damage (you'll have to cast Renewing or Surging from time to times, at least) and the fact that the heals only scale from SP (ie from intell), I doubt this would work except for very easy heroics (like Nizuao).

Also healing wiht melee is hard to top ppl off from really low healt. So would be great to have some sort of attack that would heal for kinda much as melee.
    Well that's the point : we already have a really cool ability to heal while DPSing, so it makes sense to ask us to use some heals. The proc that you get from TotM, after 5 TP is very useful for that !

Another ide a guy had on the offical forum was adding a base heal for jab, TP and BoK. Just like SCK have. I totaly agree wiht it, it dont need to be alot but some base healing in seprent stance would be nice. Would also help wiht burst healing.
    I disagree : TP and BoK already have some nice side effect to the healing (due to TotM). Basically, what you ask in your post is that we become PURE melee healers and I don't think it'd be a good idea. The current design allows to chose how to heal according to the situation which is fun and intersting, making us a healer that don't bother looking at the raid UI and just do his rotation seems kind of bad design and somewhat OP as heal is also a lot of decision making.

(I hope my post doesn't sound rude, it's not the intent : I just disagree. As a french native speaker, I might have express my ideas tactlessly, but no harm intended, really ^^)

Now im home so i can copy his post here. i hope he dont mind that

"At the moment (I'll be making a thread about this at some point) the SP -> AP portion of Stance of the Wise Serpent is partially broken. The AP shown on your character screen reflects Serpent Stance's effect correctly, but a number of skills are still scaling with your Agility-based AP (which is not supposed to exist in Serpent Stance, but apparently does).

The following Mistweaver skills scale with Agility only (i.e. in Int gear, they behave as if you were naked):
    Spinning Crane Kick
    Chi Torpedo
    Zen Sphere
    Chi Burst
    Rushing Jade Wind
    Jab
    Path of Blossoms
    Tiger Palm
    Blackout Kick

The following skills scale with Intellect only:
    Chi Wave
    Expel Harm
    Renewing Mist
    Soothing Mist
    Surging Mist
    Enveloping Mist
    Uplift

The following scales skill with either Intellect or Agility, but scale better with Intellect due to the 200% AP multiplier:
    Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    Crackling Jade Lightning
    Healing Sphere
    Life Cocoon

Now, it's fully possible to heal as a MW in full agility gear (reforged for Spirit) using the abilities on the first list almost exclusively. That's what I'm doing. If you do that, then Chi Torpedo is an excellent talent even now.

If/when Stance of the Wise Serpent is actually fixed, the abilities on the first list will get even better, because our Int-based AP is much higher than our invisible Agility-based AP. If anything, Chi Torpedo is probably horribly overpowered; even now in Agi gear it's quite comparable to a priest's Divine Star, and it's free."

So Yorgl i do think you understod me wrong in my post, i probely wrote it in a wrong way. Im about to test this myself now.

Ah yes i forgot about the 5x TP for the instant SM and i do throw out ReM on CD to get Chi. And from blizz post sometimes ago they want monks to be abel to heal just wiht dmg abilities atleast thats how i understod it. But we would also be abel to heal as normal healers do now. But i do think that eaither the dps->heal or normal heal will fall behind one other. And when i do heal heroics atm i do switch betwen melee healing and range healing depending what i found more easy or suite better for that encounter or if im just pure lazy.

And Yorgl you dont sound rude its a forum and we are discussin things here and ppl are supose to have their opinion on things here

---------- Post added 2012-06-11 at 02:55 PM ----------

I have now tested this out and i get the same result as the guy on offical forums. And atm i have mostly vendor lvl 88 agi gear so my ilvl is 419. While in my intell gear i have 451 ilvl. So my ilvl is less in agility gear and im doing more dps/healing on almost every ability. CT is doing 8k healing and 7k dmg in agi, while in intell its doing 2k healing and 1.5k dmg.

Sure our real healing spells arent that good in agi gear but if you going for melee healing (like i do) atm agi gear is alot better for it atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was just saying that as it's kind of hard to know if the tone used in a foreign language reflects what you wanted. :P (Better safe than sorry, especially on forums where things can heat up quite quickly for no reason ^^)

Back on the topic : Actually you're right on the fact that melee healing is mostly, well, melee DPS. :P I didn't remember correctly what Blizz said :
    Melee healing Mistweaver : You position your statue near the ranged to heal them, and you are in melee. Your rotation is similar to a Windwalker’s, except you spread Renewing Mists out and Uplift during AOE phases. For AOE, you use Spinning Crane Kick and one of the last tier talents. You almost never cast Soothing Mist, Enveloping Mist or hard cast a Surging Mist unless you absolutely have to. If something doesn’t deal damage, you don’t want to cast it.

Ranged healing Mistweaver : You aren’t in melee, you’re at range. You may position your statue near the melee since they're farthest away. You mostly cast Soothing Mist since your statue also casts it with you, and burn through your Chi with Enveloping Mist. While moving you put down Healing Spheres near people you think may become injured (or on top of those who are). If you want to add in some damage, cast Cracking Jade Lightning. Cast Renewing Mist whenever it's up. Roll/Chi Torpedo into injured members and use Spinning Crane Kick to heal them up. Use the Chi you generate through Spinning Crane Kick on Uplift.

Also, depending on the fight, you can switch between both of those modes (using Transcendence to teleport back and forth into melee). There will inevitably be encounters where one is better than the other, and we feel that’s okay. That is going to the life of a Mistweaver Monk.

(Found it on my guild forum where I copied it )

So yeah, when your assign in raid is to heal the melee I guess you mainly DPS though you still want to keep and eye on the raid UI to handle Surging, Renewing and Uplift correctly. Then if Agility gear is better atm, it should be (and probably will be ?) fixed as it's really clunky to have two entirly different gears to heal (and having to gear Agility and reforge secondary stat to spirit is really weird ).

In heroics, as you say, we often have to stop DPS-healing to provide a more sustained healing on the tank (Hi there Korloff ! :P), and even in raids according to Blizz, so having a consistent gear for both the roles will be very important.
    ... Good luck to Blizz for balancing both types of healings so the secondary stats' weight are more or less the same. \o/

Well yea i do use ReM on CD so i always have it on some ppl. Hard to say anything about a raid since we cant yet test them but it will be intresting to see how it will work then.

And as for the agility gear attack power is better atm then the intell one i do think its a bug that they trying to fix. And in some blue post it said its owrking for them and should work for us in a few builds. So lets hope its soon

Also did just a SM run in agi gear and the only problem i had was the boss befor you enter the chatedral. Tank died but im not sure if it was lakc of heal s or he stood infront of the boss when he shouldnt. I also used RJW on all the trash and was critting for 40k dmg on them, Chi burst was also fun to use since it critted for 40k heals on ppl

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's the boss I was refering to (Brother Korloff). He hits like a f-ing truck. >_<'

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Yeah that's the boss I was refering to (Brother Korloff). He hits like a f-ing truck. >_<'
    Oh i didnt know his name :P

But i do suggest ppl to try out melee healing wiht agi gear on you do get a better picture on how it will work out if you are going to be more of a melee healer then a range one