Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would say mastery, if you had to pick one. Crit doesn't seem to be all that useful, and the current mastery is dependent on your group stepping in the green balls. Either way, mastery is probably the more useful one for the first tier of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    I would say mastery, if you had to pick one. Crit doesn't seem to be all that useful, and the current mastery is dependent on your group stepping in the green balls. Either way, mastery is probably the more useful one for the first tier of MoP.
    Also Mastery scales with Intellect so in later tiers, its going to only get better once your group realizes green orbs = good .
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-09-10 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    hey its only like 15 days left .) not that long
    Yeah but we're kindof like this you know :P

Btw, did you guys notice the dps of Cranedancer's Staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Btw, did you guys notice the dps of Cranedancer's Staff?
    Yes, I did: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...it-for-weavers

I think it'd be a good staff until you can start running heroics & raiding, as the DPS *should* help from eminence healing. I think the stats should be adjusted a tad to fit 'weavers a little better. Like adding spell power.

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Just talking about this is driving me nuts. Come out already MOP ><!
    I agree 100%, i am tired of watching, testing on Beta, reading... etc... I just want to start ACTUALLY using this class to heal and am looking forward to it very much. I am going from a DPS DK in my raid group to a healer Monk, simply because someone talked me into going MW in Beta to run a 5 man and from that 1 run i fell in love with the style of healing... and i have not healed since Early BC because no matter what healer i tried it simply was not fun to me,.. so really looking forward to getting back into it.. but it is TAKING TO LONG.. lol

This is the first expansion that im actually really excited for. Sure I have been looking forward to the earlier once but now it feels like i cant stand the wait anymore.

And as Croz i havent been healing since vanilla, and didnt like the direction other healers were going when i tryed them out. But monks just feels awesome!
    Kamatari - Endy - Liita

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/245029126111641600 now this might be intresting news for us

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/245029126111641600 now this might be intresting news for us
    I'm actually really pleased with the monk state right now, I don't think we need further changes...
    (talking about mistweaver here)
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2012-09-10 at 02:47 PM.

He doesn't mention Mistweavers, just Monks in general, my guess would be the apparent lack of 'cleave' and other problems for Windwalker, but I could be wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
    He doesn't mention Mistweavers, just Monks in general, my guess would be the apparent lack of 'cleave' and other problems for Windwalker, but I could be wrong.
    Yes, that may be it. Well I can't say I'm not happy for my monk offspec.

Pardon my ignorance, im quiet new to the mistweaver. I've got a lvl 90 raidhealing (25) question:
    After I've seen the renewing mist discussion and found it rather difficult for me personally to keep uplift and the various cds "in line" (hey im a late starter with the MW)
    I swapped to a mix of the offered healing strategies and found it to be very "maintainable". My idea behind it was to be a range healer most of the time, since I enjoy classic healingstyle. Means I am in the range camp always 4-5 ppl or the whole raid around me. I glyphed Tea, ReM and Soothing M.

So first of all here is what i kept doing:
    I started with ReM > SPK to build up Chi, whenever I had two Chi stacked up I Chi-Burst'ed (or saved 2 Chi if a big spike was close). Right before a big hit I ReM (or Spk)+ Expel Harm (only 1 GDC and low manacost) for 2 Chi and direktly go into RJW followed by 4 spinnings + 1 chiburst (to unload before i cap) and 2 more spinnings to get the full duration of the buff, I clear with a double chiburst and restart the normal "chore". Waving inbetween the regular "chore" Glyphed Manateas as close to CD as possible (apart from the RJWphase where I dont interrupt).

Now my questions, since we didnt have recount running, is this a) efficient, b) smart or am I missing some basic ideas? and c) I picked up Chibrew, but i always felt like "where should I trigger it". Since I unterstood RJW as my AOE"go crazy" Cooldown, hence trying to optimise the time spend on 6 SPK to profit from the buff, where should I use it? And should I Chiburst in my RJW (12 second) phase or instead unload my 2 Chi in an Untea'ed-Uplift (just wasting 1 gcd) ? Since playing heavily with SPK makes TfT usless for me?

You see many questions on my part and I hope you guys would be willing to shed some light on those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not Chi-burst in the RJW phase. Uplift is fine to unload chi with. Sounds like you have a reasonably good grasp on the AoE healing phase. I might suggest doing the Thunder Focus Tea -> Uplift in times of high chi generation (Spinning top of DOOM mode). Refreshing the ReM will remove another GCD you would otherwise use during RJW. Chi Brew should be used for burst heals such as Uplift spam during the OH SHIT moments. I would use it as close to cd as possible without wasting its effects.
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Mistfit View Post
    I would not Chi-burst in the RJW phase. Uplift is fine to unload chi with. Sounds like you have a reasonably good grasp on the AoE healing phase. I might suggest doing the Thunder Focus Tea -> Uplift in times of high chi generation (Spinning top of DOOM mode). Refreshing the ReM will remove another GCD you would otherwise use during RJW. Chi Brew should be used for burst heals such as Uplift spam during the OH SHIT moments. I would use it as close to cd as possible without wasting its effects.
    Thank you for your kind reply. It raised another question for me tho. Thank you for the advice on the chiburst vs uplift during RJW.

Once i cast RJW I've 12 seconds ticking for the boosted SPK.
    SPK currently is a channeled spell with 2 sec. actiontime. In my rotation I would "waste" 1 sek GDC on an Uplift during those 12 seconds to prevent chicapping, hence I would get 6 buffed SPK (assuming that the buff gets applied once you start to channel the spell, anchored for the full cast). If i would TfT and Uplift i would spend 2 GDCs during those 12 seconds outside of Spks and as a result would only be able to squeeze 5 buffed SPK in the remaining 10 seconds. I got the impression that an additional 6th buffed SPK is more important then an addition ReM or a Manatea-sip or the TfTcomponent of the suggested Uplift. Is this true, or am I horribly wrong here? Maybe someone with a better grip on math than mine could shed some light on this. :-)
    Last edited by Amulett; 2012-09-10 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't say that I have a good grasp on math, but if you are doing 6 SCK during RJK you have wasted Chi. I would say you want to use chi quickly and without many GCD's. Uplift is instant cast and uses 2 chi. Unfortunately TfT costs a GCD, since it only consumes 1 chi, I would suggest a second uplift

Theorycrafting the importance of Chicapping vs wasting gcd during RJW I will leave to people with massive spreadsheets and engineering degrees.
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

TFT doesn't trigger the GCD.

The Ascension talent may be useful here, casting 6 SCK's with a TFT in there somewhere, although highly dependant on the fight. I'm still a big fan of Chi Brew and really taking a liking to Xuen myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I have been receiving conflicting information with TFT. If it is off GCD, then I would macro it with uplift and use that to bleed off the excess chi during the spinning crane kicks of death spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistfit View Post
    Oh, I have been receiving conflicting information with TFT. If it is off GCD, then I would macro it with uplift and use that to bleed off the excess chi during the spinning crane kicks of death spam.
    Thats a pretty good ide

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 02:24 PM ----------

Oh and TFT have 45sec duration so you can pop it befor using RJW also so you have it ready for Uplift.

Btw Redfern, how much is Xuen healing for? I love that talent but seems not that great to use healingwise

Btw Redfern, how much is Xuen healing for? I love that talent but seems not that great to use healingwise

I just did a test on the Shattrath Training Dummy (with the raid buffs); single target he's doing 650k consistently each use. This is with Tiger Lightning (his 3 target cleave that does the majority of the healing/damage) only hitting 1 target.

Let's say in a perfect scenario (maybe bosses like Wind Lord with his adds), if his cleave lightning hits 3 mobs, in a single use he can do up to 1.6M damage which equates to nearly 2 million healing with your statue up (all heals from it are duplicated). This healing is increased even more since his damage is Eminence healing, and this extra healing procs our Mastery orbs.

On single target it's not as good as the above, but it's still worthy of a place as a level 90 healing talent. with 650k damage done, 60% of this is Eminence healing which is duplicated by our statue.

60% of 650k = 390k

390k x 2 = 780k healing (+ a decent amount of Mastery orb procs).

Below is the damage breakdown from 1 of the tests:

Another cool thing to note is that Spell Power/Int procs increase his damage in realtime, meaning you don't have to worry about summoning him whilst procs are up.
    Last edited by Redfern; 2012-09-11 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    Eminence healing is not duplicated. Your character instantly heals for 50% of the damage done and you statue do the same. So you do 1m dmg, you do 1m heals through eminence.