Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I did go crit this evening and it seems it helped out alot. tho i only did normal clear tonight so its kinda easy. But its fun to fistweave spiritkings and elegon

Got lucky and the healer trinket from trash dropped twice for us

Quote Originally Posted by Blablubs12 View Post
    In this guide, it is recommended to take the Revitalizing Primal Diamond (wowhead. com/item=76888) as a Meta Gem. Wouldn't the one with Int and increased Max. Mana be a better choice (wowhead. com/spell=107759)?
    According to EJ, 1 spirit is worth 0.5625 mp5, so the 432 spirit from the gem are worth 243 mp5. On the other side, 2% increased maximum Mana would bring our Mana pool to 306k instead of 300k, so it adds 6k mana. Assuming you use your mana tea (glyphed) with two stacks every 10 seconds, you consume 12 stacks per minute, which is 48% of your max. mana.
    0.48x6000 = 2880 additional mana in 60 seconds or 240 mp5, so the mp5 averages out, while 216 int are stronger than the 3% increased crit effect. Of course, you won't always be able to use 2 stacks of mana tea every 10 seconds, but in my opinion it's definitely worth considering for some fights.

Edit: Sorry for the links, had to screw them up due to forum restrictions.
    Looking at my logs for last week (I use unglyphed mana tea), taking the total length of the fight divided by the number of stacks of tea I consumed, it works out closer to 1 every 15s. Plugging that number in leads to decently meaningful differences in regen. Clearly if you are raiding content where you feel comfortable with your mana, its an ok choice, but I'm sitting at 13k spirit raid buffed and several heroic bosses make me want to cry in terms of mana over the full duration of the fight, so I'm not sure where people are getting the 8k value.

Deleted
    Hey. Great guide, thank you for putting the effort in!

I just wanted to file a quick "bug report" - on the Area of Effect(3) part of the rotation, the link texts for 1.0 and 1.1 actually both read Renewing Mists even though 1.1 shows Zen Sphere's tooltip when mousing over it.

Nothing big, just wanted to point that out.

So I'm feeling crit is ideal for ten while mastery is better for 25?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    So I'm feeling crit is ideal for ten while mastery is better for 25?
    On paper it definitely is. In reality, unless (as already mentioned) you are raiding in a "perfect" 25man setup where people actually use the healing spheres when they appear, Mastery is quite random and depending a lot on the fight. I can have everything from 8 to 18% healing from it, not stacking Mastery but also not avoiding it.
    To be honest I can't blame people for not using the spheres; when I am tanking on my Death Knight and get surrounded by green orbs from the healer, even I forget to take a step to the side . The mechanic just doesn't work with everything people have been drilled to for the last years in PvE, keeping things steady and only move when needed. Most of the current healing from the Mastery is happening "thanks" to spheres splashing in stacked Melee and Ranged groups but definitely not because someone is intentionally triggering the bubbles by running into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Isn't much to heal? Someone here hasn't done Shado-Pan monastery, fistweaving definitely would not work there, people are stupid and take way too much damage on the trash pulls & boss fights, same thing with fights in Niuzao temple (spelling)? on the 3rd boss.
    Shado-Pan, the trash pulls after the first boss are a fracking nightmare to me.
    Tank+morron melee pull so much dmg i usually have to let one die to keep the group alive.

haven't had much troubles in other HC's with bosses/trash, only whit this ones 0o

And fistweaving in 5men keeps it doable

Hmm you must mean after 2nd boss right? After first boss there is not alot of mobs :S

Quote Originally Posted by Blablubs12 View Post
    In this guide, it is recommended to take the Revitalizing Primal Diamond (wowhead. com/item=76888) as a Meta Gem. Wouldn't the one with Int and increased Max. Mana be a better choice (wowhead. com/spell=107759)?
    According to EJ, 1 spirit is worth 0.5625 mp5, so the 432 spirit from the gem are worth 243 mp5. On the other side, 2% increased maximum Mana would bring our Mana pool to 306k instead of 300k, so it adds 6k mana. Assuming you use your mana tea (glyphed) with two stacks every 10 seconds, you consume 12 stacks per minute, which is 48% of your max. mana.
    0.48x6000 = 2880 additional mana in 60 seconds or 240 mp5, so the mp5 averages out, while 216 int are stronger than the 3% increased crit effect. Of course, you won't always be able to use 2 stacks of mana tea every 10 seconds, but in my opinion it's definitely worth considering for some fights.

Edit: Sorry for the links, had to screw them up due to forum restrictions.
    While this may look appealing, truth is you won't be able to generate 8 chi, consume all 8 chi and mana tea in a 10s timeframe repeatedly
    Optimal chi gen scenario (lets disregard PS/chi brew for simplicity) is SoM+SM spam which gross will average you 9 chi per 8gcds equivalent(or 8s) you would not be able to spend those 8 chis during the 9th gcd and mana tea the 10th gcd.

A more realistic scenario for chi gen/use/mana tea is roughly 2 stacks used per 15 seconds. which would lead ember to provide 2/3 of the mp5 you've listed - 160mp5 - (feel free to redo the math) putting it fairly below Revitalising as far as MP5 goes.

I'm not sure Ember will have any niche for MW. Could even think moving from revitalizing to burning once mana is absolutely full under control since by then you should have enough crit...but I doubt this will even happen in the last tier of the expansion. Between the 1.0 gcd, SoM+SM synergy and the glyph of uplift(which will become more and more appealing as tiers progress) will likely provide more hps and just general versatility to where you will still need to stock on mana regen.

Just got my MW to 90 yesterday. Trying to get some experience and figure out how to play this thing properly. My main is a resto druid and have been tempted by the insane numbers I've seen posted by MWs. I've had decent luck and am already at 463 ilevel though not all that well optimized. 9743 int 5933 spirit first haste breakpoint and reforge to crit (I'm in 10 man guild). I use mana tea glyph, ReM, and SCK. Talents are Power Strikes always, a mix of 30 talents, and alternating between RJW and Xuen.

Is the 20 yard range from Summon Jade Statue for eminence from the statue or from me?

I've tried full fistweaving, purely damage spells (plus ReM) button mashing like a rogue. This is pretty good if everyone is close, but mana drains really quickly.

I've tried fistweaving, only keeping up serpent's zeal, jabbing regularly, using uplift when possible, SCK when necessary. This results in similar healing numbers and is slightly better on mana, but feels like less control.

I've tried keeping up Zeal and ReM, a great deal of SCK and a variety of the level 30 talents as main chi dump. This makes me oom very quickly and healing done is about the same or perhaps slightly better, but does feel like good control.

I've tried full ranged healing using Soothing, ReM, EM, and either mostly uplift, or mostly level 30 talent. This feels like the least control (at the mercy of the slow channel/low chi buildup) and ends up with the least healing done, but is the most mana efficient. The randomness of chi with this setup makes tank healing either a dream with lots of EM, or a nightmare having to try to afford a few surging mists to keep up. This is the setup I use for heroics and it works well, but in raids I'm not putting out enough healing to justify changing from my druid to this monk.

In LFR (my only monk raid experience so far) I'm usually right with the other healers, near the top, but it doesn't feel solid. Some of that is just that I need practice to develop muscle memory so that my fingers know what to do before my mind has decided. Right now I keep thinking of these great spells monks have, but when I want to use them, I can't afford them, or don't have chi ready to use, or ReM isn't spread properly for optimal uplift use. Just seems like nothing is ready to go when I want it. Could be a gear issue, probably more a lack of experience and confidence, though. When fistweaving my ReM uptime is not ideal, mana tea usage is good, but not perfect.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Deleted
    There are already solid hints on how to do stuff in this thread so i suggest you read trough it first if you havent already.
    What you describe seems very solid and is heavily dependend on your gear and the other healer.

Very gold example for me is elegon nhc which is two healed. I do not fistweave in that encounter, i stay in The ranged camp and occasionally Heal a tank but mostly group members with soothing mists. As soon as The add execution Phase starts i use SCK in The group and chi burst The dragon tank while everyone is lined up in Front of me. Works perfectly but can be done in other ways.

Next Phase is spread out raidmembers which i heal With soothing mists And renewing mists while spending my chi on uplift. The last Phase i heal The same way as the add execution Phase with sck and chi burst or a quick sm+surging Combo if people drop too low.

There are very different ways of achieving your healing assignment as a mistweaver and you will learn them over time.

I saw on Methods 25 Will kill, their monk basically used SCK and ReM as chi generators and uplift as a spender and that was almost the entirety of his casting. This seems heavy on mana. What sort of spirit level does this require? He gained about 680k mana from tea in 12:35.

I was wondering if stat priority would change in 5.1 with the change "Mastery: Gift of the Serpent now has a 60 sec duration for the summoned Healing Sphere.".
    I'm guessing the stat priority will stay the same since if people are near a orb they still should run into them.

Spinning Crane Kick: 91 casts * 16500 mana = 1,501,500
    Renewing Mist: 85 casts * 13800 mana = 1,173,000
    Expel Harm: 43 casts * 7500 mana = 322,500
    Revivial: 3 casts * 21000 mana = 63,000
    Life Cocoon: 4 casts * 13500 mana = 54,000
    Surging Mist: 2 casts * 24000 mana = 48,000
    Soothing Mist: 15 ticks * 3000 mana = 45,000

3,207,000 mana used - 685,800 regained via mana tea - 36,168 regained from other sources - 300,000 starting mana = 2,185,032 need to regen.

2,185,032 / (755 seconds) = 2,894 mana/second = 14,470 mp5.

His character sheet has him at 12404 spirit with 14001 mp5 in combat, and probably a little higher with food/flask.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijiri View Post
    I was wondering if stat priority would change in 5.1 with the change "Mastery: Gift of the Serpent now has a 60 sec duration for the summoned Healing Sphere.".
    I'm guessing the stat priority will stay the same since if people are near a orb they still should run into them.
    it's just a tooltip change I think. Pretty sure they last 60 secs right now.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    Is the 20 yard range from Summon Jade Statue for eminence from the statue or from me?
    its a smart heal whenever you channel soothing mists. but its longer than 20yards. i would go and say its 30-40yards. but i usually place the statue close to the tanks

for extra aoe healing. if everyone is bunched up you can go behind them, target the boss and cast chi burst. more chi bursts if you specced into chi brew (grants you 4 chi)

20 for eminence, 40 for soothing mists. Says so in the statue tooltip.

Still don't know the answer. Is the 20 yards from me or the statue?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    Still don't know the answer. Is the 20 yards from me or the statue?
    Both. The statue duplicates the effect centered around you, just like it it duplicates soothing mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Both. The statue duplicates the effect centered around you, just like it it duplicates soothing mist.
    To be even more clear, Eminence comes from two sources: you and the statue. The part that comes from the statue has a 20 yard range from the statue. It says this in the summon statue tooltip. Same with soothing mists. Two sources, you and the statue. The part that comes from the statue has a 40 yard range from the statue.

RJW is suboptimal with the nerf. Its not even a consideration anymore tbh, unless your just fucking around in a 5 man or something.

Also the stat priorities are total shit. Crit and Mastery are completely debateable depending on the situation. Yet you have haste above 1350 as being better than crit?!? That is just beyond wrong... Haste beyond that point is utter shit and near worthless.