Deleted

Noobish question, but...

... What is the hit cap I'm aiming for as a PvE Combat Rogue? I'm fresh back after a year's break, so I need some advising.

I've been reading up on several sites, including EJ, and they all state that the Yellow Hit Cap lands at 241 Hit Rating with 3/3 Precision. This, imo, seems very low. Spell Hit Cap, however, reaches all the way up to 1127. Is this something worth aiming for, or should I settle at Yellow Hit Cap and prioritize Expertise Capping and Haste above Hit once I reach the yellow cap?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    The stat priority is like this:

Agility > Yellow Hit Cap > Expertise Cap > Haste > Spell Hit Cap (for the Poisons) > Mastery > White Hit Cap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Critical Hit Chance

With higher levels of gear the Spell Hit Cap becomes easily attainable. If you're still not that well geared you might just want to stick to the Yellow Cap until you get the appropriate gear. As it stands, the Spell Cap is very worthwhile.

Deleted
    Ah, that simplifies a lot! Thanks for the help!

Shadowcraft FTW

I would suggest using http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com it was totally awesome when i was playing my rogue alt and was lazy to do the calculations by myself, it provided me all the info i needed. I believe it's still up to date. Kinda wish there was more spreadsheets like this for all classes...SimulationCraft can be quite complicated with all the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Krasuss View Post
    I would suggest using http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com it was totally awesome when i was playing my rogue alt and was lazy to do the calculations by myself, it provided me all the info i needed. I believe it's still up to date. Kinda wish there was more spreadsheets like this for all classes...SimulationCraft can be quite complicated with all the settings.
    it is a good site, more so for reforging than anything else. gotta take the dps calc with a grain of salt as a lot of items are jacked up, and wont be fixxed as they arent updating it anymore(hopefully only for this xpack).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digori View Post
    it is a good site, more so for reforging than anything else. gotta take the dps calc with a grain of salt as a lot of items are jacked up, and wont be fixxed as they arent updating it anymore(hopefully only for this xpack).
    That being said. The projected DPS isn't available any more, At least when i tried it the other day it wasn't.