Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

NYC school students have "slutty" day to protest dress code

http://now.msn.com/now/0607-stuyvesa...?ocid=todnow11

While I understand why they are not happy with a dress code, this seems like an incredibly weird way to protest it. I personally approve of dress codes, and not because I think they are distracting or anything; there is nothing wrong with trying to teach class to students at the same time. Your skimpy outfits will not help you in the real world, why is it required that you can wear them in school?

I bet the males at that school were extremely happy this day though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the school has a dress code: fine. If the kids want to wear whatever they want, great. If they want to show they desire change, this is a rather harmless way to do it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Unfortunately, those girls are f**king ugly.

I would approve of skimpy outfits, but this on them? No thanks.

Clothes on please!

Also agree, these aren't even skimpy
    Last edited by mmoc35f4878b7b; 2012-06-07 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    They are only students, just voicing their opinion on theese matters will only fall on deaf ears. I also do not agree with the specific way they are doing this protest, but atleast this way people will actually talk about the issue.

Deleted
    I think not attending lessons would've had more of an effect than this...

There are much worse ways to protest against a rule. At least this one hurts nobody.

There we're alot of other ways they could have protested which would have been far more effective lol

That's considered slutty dress?

Don't come to essex Americans, you'll have a heart attack and think that everyone walks around naked and uses nutella as moisturiser.

Heh - I cant think of any school near me that carries a dresscode other than "you cant be naked" - and that one is broken on a regular basis when class photos are to be taken!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty normal summer clothes in my eyes...

Wait, that's slutty? I...what? Did my couch turn into some sort of time machine while I was sleeping and I wound up back in the 50s or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Heh - I cant think of any school near me that carries a dresscode other than "you cant be naked" - and that one is broken on a regular basis when class photos are to be taken!

At my high school girls skirts had to touch the ground if they got on there knees (Seriously, they checked them in the hallways by having them get down on there knees) and boys could not have there underpants showing in any way (Sagging jeans, whatnot)

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    At my high school girls skirts had to touch the ground if they got on there knees (Seriously, they checked them in the hallways by having them get down on there knees) and boys could not have there underpants showing in any way (Sagging jeans, whatnot)
    That is... conservative...

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I swear in High school some girls just wore tops that wasn't their correct size. That bothered me mildly, I mean really...? I know it's natural but I don't need to see all of it during the Hall ways, especially if it's someone I don't know.

I hated the guys and seeing their boxers. UGH, I wanted to /facepalm SO MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Personally I swear in High school some girls just wore tops that wasn't their correct size. That bothered me mildly, I mean really...? I know it's natural but I don't need to see all of it during the Hall ways, especially if it's someone I don't know.

I hated the guys and seeing their boxers. UGH, I wanted to /facepalm SO MUCH.
    Yea - i never got the "walk around with pants on the ankles" either - not my kinda thing

I'm inclined to support student protests of this nature simply because we should be encouraging kids to give a shit.

Stuyvesant High School is one of the top schools, it requires a pretty tough test to get into.
    I don't see anything actually 'slutty' on the picture, and I give them the benefit of the doubt, that they are just using the day to express their opinions, and not actually sluts.

who the hell are they to "protest"? they cant even vote. God forbid a dress code is instilled to teach kids how to dress if they ever want a job outside of a business lit by blacklights while using the excuse "oh...im paying for college"...no you are not...no you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    who the hell are they to "protest"? they cant even vote. God forbid a dress code is instilled to teach kids how to dress if they ever want a job outside of a business lit by blacklights while using the excuse "oh...im paying for college"...no you are not...no you are not.
    Sexist much?

I don't think girls wanting to wear sleeveless shirts means they're going to be strippers.