[Music] Good Classical Asian Music?

Anyone know of any good classical asian music I could purchase, I would like some with vocals if possible, maybe even just ancient Asian styled, I just really love that sound but it's hard to find.

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to go ahead and assume you're talking about more traditional southeast Asian folk music.

Discogs is a great place to purchase physical music of any format. Here is a quick search to get you started.

Deleted
    I'd have no idea where to start recommending traditional stuff. There are a few South-East Asian movies with nice scores which incorporate the use of traditional instruments and writing-styles, however.

Like the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon score, with songs like this.

The way I'd look for that kind of music would be to browse South-East Asian period pieces. Some of the more Hollywood movies set in the appropriate era/region also incoporate instruments/arrangements of that style in their scores like The Last Samurai and Memoirs of a Geisha, albeit rather diluted.

I'm looking for songs similar to this -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8KOYK4L54

Doesn't have to be in english though just somewhat what i'm looking for