Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I haven't played it so I can't really judge, but I will say it did look awesome and I plan to play it. However AC3 looked a lot better as did The Last of Us(obviously my opinion). However from what I saw watching E3 on television, Tomb Raider looked like it had the biggest playable demo and that is probably why it won. I saw a lot of gameplay from Tomb Raider where the other games showed only 1 part of the game. Tomb Raider showed 3 or 4 parts of the game, if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Refuse to believe facts? lol... The reason Halo 4 isn't the best game overall is because you can't play it on a Ps3 and PC which takes away from it drastically.
    how did tomb raider lose to 1 of 3 games it beat in overall for every platform it's on? it's not because something plays better, it's probably just that they don't let the overall winner win the other categories.

It can't be better overall if it's not best on anything it's released for.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    IGN, sucking big corporate dongs. They get payed for saying those things.

Dishonored was the best game on the show by a long shot.
    ^ This
    IGN has extremely producer friendly bias on their reviews. Bigger and more established names behind a game will often net it a very high score regardless of game quality. Even really, really, really terrible games that make you question how it even got published will get a 7 if they have a big company behind the title.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    ^ This
    IGN has extremely producer friendly bias on their reviews. Bigger and more established names behind a game will often net it a very high score regardless of game quality. Even really, really, really terrible games that make you question how it even got published will get a 7 if they have a big company behind the title.
    IGN gives just about everything a 7 or higher, as does gamespot, regardless of the company. Well, unless it's a truly terrible game - then it'll get a 5(which is supposed to mean neither good nor bad).

It's really a flaw of the numeric review metric more than anything else. The general trend is always to go upwards, and you see this in just about everything. Even if they're a little biased, the numeric system they use ultimately causes them to "uprate" everything, ultimately making the upper escelon ridiculously crowded. That's why you'll see titles with a 9.0 that the reviewer found "great but flawed", but 9.5 as "amazing all around".

I guarantee if they dropped the stupid numeric grading system the gamer's outlook of that site's reviews would be much higher.

Ahh, IGNorance at it again!

Though I'm surprised they put up South Park ahead of Torchlight 2. Positively I might add. As I in general favour turn based RPGs and dislike hack'n'slash games it's quite a breath of fresh air in this action packed list. And I love the bros at Obsidian.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988