Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    I'd take 4GB GPU's in a heartbeat but finding one that is still a reference card isn't as easy as you may think.
    I am getting 3 good monitors.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814162105

As for them being good, no. They're not bad, but they're basically TN-panels.

Ah ok didn't know you were planning to run BF3 on ultra across 3 monitors. Yeah you are going to need some decent horsepower for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814162105

As for them being good, no. They're not bad, but they're basically TN-panels.
    Are you 100% sure they are reference cards?
    Or should I dive in and do research on them? And if they are I want to thank you a TON I really wanted 4GB.

And what monitors would you recommend then, being under $200 each?

Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    Are you 100% sure they are reference cards?
    Or should I dive in and do research on them? And if they are I want to thank you a TON I really wanted 4GB.

And what monitors would you recommend then, being under $200 each?
    I'd honestly expect there to be fewer non-reference 4GiB than reference. But the compare the PCB (ie, the actual card itself) to any other and see if it matches up.

Under 200? All right, there might not be much better price/performance. There, however, was where I was suggesting you take the money you save from the 3930K and the expensive 2011 motherboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'd honestly expect there to be fewer non-reference 4GiB than reference. But the compare the PCB (ie, the actual card itself) to any other and see if it matches up.

Under 200? All right, there might not be much better price/performance. There, however, was where I was suggesting you take the money you save from the 3930K and the expensive 2011 motherboard.
    Recommend away.
    I can save money by falling back to my other plan being Maximus V Formula and an i7 3770k LGA 1155.
    This is my final build but I do have an alternative final build.

EDIT
    After a little research I can't use that card it isn't reference.
    They don't make water blocks for 4GB models, at least not yet.
    Last edited by FearXI; 2012-07-09 at 06:15 AM.

I guess I don't understand spending 3-4 grand on a system that will be obsolete in 2 years, when for half the price, you can get something 80% as good, in the same replacement timeline.
    This rig won't be obsolete in 2 years. Cmon now...

This system won't be just for WoW and Skyrim I'm actually thinking about going into BF3 on a tri-monitor (one big screen)
    It better be for more than wow and skyrim... 1600 bucks on watercooling supplies, you can make a rig that destroys wow and skyrim with a budget like that...

Why do you exactly want a Sabertooth motherboard? You could save a hundred bucks by taking an Extreme4 instead - you won't notice any difference in overclocking / daily usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Why do you exactly want a Sabertooth motherboard? You could save a hundred bucks by taking an Extreme4 instead - you won't notice any difference in overclocking / daily usage.
    Maybe he likes the look of the Armor, or that he can say "I have a Sabertooth"? Maybe the 5 year warranty enticed him (having a component warranted for the full duration of its probably useful lifetime is a very attractive prospect). Maybe he wants the thermal radar or the fan controller that negates the need for a dedicated version? Those were the reasons why I bought my Sabertooth.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-07-09 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Maybe he likes the look of the Armor, or that he can say "I have a Sabertooth"? Maybe the 5 year warranty enticed him (having a component warranted for the full duration of its probably useful lifetime is a very attractive prospect). Maybe he wants the thermal radar or the fan controller that negates the need for a dedicated version? Those were the reasons why I bought my Sabertooth.
    The 3 years warranty is enough (which is a standard for 'inferior' products). They are all high quality from MSi / Asus / AsRock ~ and if you happen to get a bad sample, you will notice it the first day LOL. Yeh well, for the looks inside a case where nobody sees it / for saying 'I have a sabertooth', definitely worth of 100 bucks ! */irony*

I intend to put a window in my case when I have the time/money/motivation. Check NWN's build log to see how I hope it would look. And the looks were just one reason among many. Computer parts can just stop working from one day to the next. 4 years ago I had a laptop, shut it down as usual, next day went to turn it on and nothing happened. Turned out the motherboard, graphics card and ram decided to pop their clogs over-night.

Yeh well, for the looks inside a case where nobody sees it / for saying 'I have a sabertooth', definitely worth of 100 bucks ! */irony*
    Watch me not caring. I like the motherboard, I am happy with my purchase, I do not regret it one bit. So what does it matter to you?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-07-09 at 02:38 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like was stated 30x over, the $600CPU is a complete waste of money. That much water cooling is so overkill that in 1-2 years I will have a better computer then the cost of your water cooling parts.

Deleted
    Im not that at home with water cooling, but i think you are spending way to much on it. I know proper watercooling can cost anywhere between 300-450 dollar/euro (for CPU only) but i think you can be done for 600-800 dollar/euro.

As far as brands are concerned, i think the top brands were atleast EK and Coolance (cant remember another one :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    I'm not getting a Sabertooth MOBO, your reading the wrong list look on page 4.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Im not that at home with water cooling, but i think you are spending way to much on it. I know proper watercooling can cost anywhere between 300-450 dollar/euro (for CPU only) but i think you can be done for 600-800 dollar/euro.

As far as brands are concerned, i think the top brands were atleast EK and Coolance (cant remember another one :P)
    You said it you don't know water cooling. If you did you'd see I need everything on that list to water cool.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    Like was stated 30x over, the $600CPU is a complete waste of money. That much water cooling is so overkill that in 1-2 years I will have a better computer then the cost of your water cooling parts.
    This much water cooling it bare minimum for my parts I may actually have to order more pieces.
    In two year if you're still on this forum I will track you down and ask for your new computer specs.

EDIT
    I will be modding my case for a window to show off my parts.
    Last edited by FearXI; 2012-07-09 at 07:16 PM.