Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Level 90 Talent Animations, Dragon Turtle Vendor, Blue Posts, The Daily Blink

Diablo 3 - Trading Forum Changes, Commodity Sales Return, Disparity Between Melee and Ranged, Blue Posts

Level 90 Talent Animations Preview
    Be sure to turn on annotations if you want to use the menu to skip to your classes' talents.

Warning - Some of these spells were recorded from the point of view of another player and might show up with lower particle effects than you would see them if you casted them yourself. You can see an example of this with the Mage Rune of Power spell.

Dragon Turtle Vendor
    The latest beta build added a vendor for the Dragon Turtle mounts, with all of them selling for 3,000 gold. This price is very unlikely to be final! The vendor is located just outside of the Stormwind city walls near the Cataclysm portals.

WoW China Developer Interview
    otarma was able to translate the latest China Developer's interview for us once again! Keep in mind that things can get lost or mistranslated when doing translation.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Why don’t you allow cross-realm trade between Real ID friends?
    It would make cross-realm item circulation too easy, which would impact the economy of individual realms. However, if you really want to play with someone, you can transfer to their realm.

Some players are nostalgic about the raid attunement quests. These players sometimes feel the only reason to kill the raid bosses is the loot. Some players are even asking for the return of raid attunement quests. Will this change in MoP?
    Quest lovers and raid lovers don’t have much in common. For many raiders, it is a chore to be forced to do a bunch of raid attunement quests. We are not going to introduce any raid attunement quests at all. On the contrary, because players want to have a reason to raid, we will tell the stories through the means other than quests, such as dialogues of NPCs, events in instances, and the quotes of raid bosses.

How do players reach Pandaria?
    Through portals. Currently there are no routes to Pandaria.

Will there be regular championships for pet battles?
    Currently we don't have any plans to do so.

Some changes in Cata made some reputations ungrindable (such as the two centaur factions). Will this be fixed?
    If the reputations are achievement-relevant, we will fix it, otherwise we don’t want players to grind the reputations that reward nothing.

When people try to do The Loremaster achievement, it’s difficult to find the quest lines that they abandoned halfway. How do you think of it? Is there a way to make the achievement easier?
    If you can give us a specific example then we can probably fix it. Besides, the Loremaster achievement in MoP has a little tweak. The quest achievements of the new zones will credit the quest lines instead of numbers of quests accomplished. So the credits are “complete X Y Z story lines”.

Are the mounts from Jewelcrafting profession BoP?
    No, they are BoE.

I ask this out of curiosity. Are there more quests in MoP than in Cata LV 80-85?
    Currently we have about 1300 quests, of which about 300 are dailies. Some quests are available to Alliance or Horde only, but most quests are neutral. The number of faction-specific quests is probably less than 200. We don't have data to compare with the previous expansions yet, but it is likely that the number is close to WotLK. The quests are more focused on dailies (MoP focuses on dailies more than any other expansion).

Of course, the dailies will be randomized. You can never accept all of them at the same time. If you max out the reputation levels of all factions to provide their quests at max numbers, you can accept about 48 level 85+ dailies at the same time.

After the launch of MoP, will you continue to introduce more world bosses in the following patches?
    Yes, depending on how well the world bosses are received. If it's a success then we will certainly introduce more.

The Rise of Zandalari patch seemed unfinished; the whole story was not fully described. Will there be more stories about Zandalari?
    Yes, you will see a lot about Zandalari in Kun-lai, and you will discover the connections between Zandalari, Pandaria and Mogu.

LFR provides a lot of convenience for players who are not in raiding guilds. Simply clicking a button to find a raid also decreased the communications within realms. The communications between strangers became less and less. How do you plan to deal with it?
    We don't have plans to force players to communicate; it is not necessary for those who try LFR to befriend total strangers. Our bottom line is, we think if you play this game with your friends it will be happier, but if you don’t have friends to play with, then LFD and LFR will also help you experience dungeons and raids.

The popularity LFR received and the benefits it brought are undisputed, but did it bring negative effects too? For example, do players get bored more easily because they can experience raid so easily without the efforts of teamwork?
    This system certainly has some flaws. One of them is that it gives players more reasons to not play with friends, make new friends or join a guild. But according to the statistics before and after the release of patch 4.3, we didn’t find players more easily bored about the new raid.

A more functioning guild finder may solve the problem to an extent, but a single system could not possibly fulfill the needs of all players. We hope to make more improvements in 5.0 (including off-line communications or a database website).

WoW China and Korea Server Merges
    There is also some older news out of China and Korea about server shutdowns!

They have shut down servers with very low populations, allowing players and guilds to transfer to another server. If a player comes back to the game after their realm has been shut down, they are still able to transfer by using the website. Thanks goes to otarma again for translation.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Since the announcement of the Gaming Environment Optimization Program Phase 1, we have received a lot of support from the players of the relevant realms. So far, Phase 1 goes very well. Most players have arrived at the target realms and received a much better gaming experience. In order for players to begin their new gaming experience more efficiently, we will initiate Phase 2 of the Gaming Environment Optimization Program On June 5th. Hence the source realms will be shut down. The players of the source realms need to organize and take care of the items and money in mailboxes and AH so the transfer can be completed more efficiently.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Why Not Add Head Enchants to Inscription?
    Part of the logic in getting rid of the head enchant was to make it easier for players to use their gear. Gems, enchants and reforges all have their place but too much of that sort of preparation before you can actually use an item gets annoying. I'm not saying freeing up one head enchant solves that problem, but it's a small step. I don't know that enchanting the helmet in and of itself is so much fun that we need to preserve it. I think in the meeting where we discussed cutting the enchant there might have even been a little bit of cheering.

In addition, we're not saying we'll never make head enchants again. Maybe we'll come up with a clever use for them or maybe we'll come up with some kind of system that needs a different kind of reward (this was the original genesis of the enchants back in the day). It would be harder to implement such a design if we had to go take the head enchants away from one of the professions. For now, the idea will just go back in the vault. It may not be there forever. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Testing Heroic Dungeons
    We're still investigating the stuck character issue. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

New Beta Scenarios Feedback Forum
    Hey all! We hope you're enjoying some of the new features we've added to the beta recently. And, to that end, we've opened up a Beta Scenarios forum so you can let us know what you think of this new system.

Don't be stingy with the feedback! We're very excited about scenarios and look forward to hearing what you have to say about them over the course of testing. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The Daily Blink - And He Shall Be Known as Sparkle-Tony
    The Daily Blink has predicted the next Blizzard Store mount! For the full comic, read it on their site.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-06-08 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    Haha! Love the daily blink today!

15+ Year Old Account
    Second daily blink that made me giggle

Hate how a level 90 spell has a spell effect from vanilla wow The mana shield effect. Hopefully it's just a temporary effect.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2012-06-08 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are merging and shuting down servers in Azia but not in EU? Lame.

Deleted
    so as there merging low pop servers in korea and china maybe they can do it for US and EU low population realms or they wont and its just another thing to keep asian subs since they lost aload of them

---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 07:33 AM ----------

blizzard are basically sucking asia's balls giving them server merges making a entire expansion themed on them[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoca99433fff3; 2012-06-08 at 06:36 AM.

All the scribes in my guild are constantly going "cha -ching! cha- ching!" or humming along to We're in the money from 42nd street.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    making a entire expansion themed on them
    Nope. Pandaren, not asians.

Can you re-record the last two warrior talents without super flashy weapons? I have no idea what the hell I was even looking for with Stormbolt, and I'm not really sure what's what with Bloodbath.

Also, is that seriously the animation for Avatar? The opening rawr looked great, then... whoops, its like a penis that doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, 1st daily blink that made me actually laugh, classic, absolutely loved it, others just drew out a simple chuckle, or hehe.

The blink was stupid and not funny.

"How do players reach Pandaria?
    Through portals. Currently there are no routes to Pandaria"

Typical ¬¬

that paladin lights hammer thing looks badass

Paladin 1st
    Priest 2nd
    Hunter 3rd
    But the others are cool talents too.

I thought priest was cool, making me wanna make another priest now coz of that

LFR provides a lot of convenience for players who are not in raiding guilds. Simply clicking a button to find a raid also decreased the communications within realms. The communications between strangers became less and less. How do you plan to deal with it?
    We don't have plans to force players to communicate; it is not necessary for those who try LFR to befriend total strangers. Our bottom line is, we think if you play this game with your friends it will be happier, but if you don’t have friends to play with, then LFD and LFR will also help you experience dungeons and raids.
    People playing an mmo without friends and no want to make friends or talk to anyone shouldnt be playing an mmo there are a madrid of single player games that they should be playing not wasting 15 a month to play alone. Its the thought process and want to please every single person that is slowly killing this game off.

Quote Originally Posted by NetherVortex View Post
    People playing an mmo without friends and no want to make friends or talk to anyone shouldnt be playing an mmo there are a madrid of single player games that they should be playing not wasting 15 a month to play alone. Its the thought process and want to please every single person that is slowly killing this game off.
    First off, its myriad, and secondly, I can waste however much money doing whatever I damn well please, it's my money, not yours.

So much Daily Blink, so few Dark legacy =/ (And yes i know the new ones, i'm wondering why boub missed them.)

Lock talent animations compared to others are bull$£&. Walking while casting, there is like no animation at all and the other one, are u joking? Same old rain of fire, lol.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NetherVortex View Post
    You're kidding, right? Because if you're not, that's just sad.