Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Get a tank/puller support, get first blood, keep on farming kills>Have IE in less then 20 minutes and boots completed.
    Especially a tanky support like Nautilus with his passive, or Blitzcrank with his combo are strong for easy farms.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really recommend boots/3pots - double dorans - vamp scepter - go from there.

I have been rushing the blood thirster right after that, but an IE works very well too. It comes down to the champion and your playstyle really.

Though as a ranged AD, you aren't supposed to do a lot of damage early. Once you get really farmed and get a few kills, your damage starts to skyrocket, to the point that you can 3 or 4 hit people.

Double dorans or wriggles (your choice) +upgraded boots+vamp scepter before rushing BF sword.

You rush BF sword I build like this. We'll see who wins every single trade, and who has more sustain too.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Depending on farm/kills etc, you should focus on having Greaves, BT and IE at around 25 minutes. I think that was the time set for ad carries to complete their IE, ofc after a BT...which in many cases BT > IE for early/mid game.

When I play carry, I always prefer to get boots and middle / low level items(zeal etc.) with a vamp. spec before any meta-item. This will help you to farm your way through optimal build. By the way, the definition of carry in DotA-like games is the heroes/champions that are way more effective in late-game than early-game which means your damage at early on matters very little.

Also item selection depends on enemy heroes, the game strategy as well as your hero. I find following the same item build in every single game very very bad and common decision yet most of the posts are directly suggesting items.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-06-13 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your damage early on matters more than you think.

Building damage allows you to keep an advantage if you have one. If you outtrade your opponent at every turn, they will have to back off, losing more farm and thus widening the gap even further.

If you buy a vamp scepter and a zerkers greaves, they will outharass you with a double doran's.