Guild Wars 2 Digital Collector's Questions

Just a few question. I know the Physical Collector's Edition is worth it just because of the extra content it comes with physically, but I'm not too certain if I want to actually buy the Digital Collector's Edition anymore. I know the Physical Edition will be available months (Or weeks) later, there always is (Even sold out CE's like Diablo 3) a few in a game stop, best buy, or WalMart near me. Anyways, is it worth buying for the digital items? I see no use for the Golem Banker, Chalice of Glory, Tome of Influence, and hero's band. These things will become useless a week into the game, if that. I don't want to view my purchase on those.

What I do want to view the extra $$$ on, is how worthwhile the Miniature Rytlock, and Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill are. I enjoy collecting pets in any game, but that in and of itself isn't worth $20 to me, so it boils down on the actual combat pet. Will this sum up the usefulness of $20? If not, I might as well just buy the Digital Edition (Or physical), and save myself $20 when I eventually will buy the Physical Collector's Edition. I want to hear your thoughts, but I'm leaning on just pre-ordering the normal Guild Wars 2 Edition.

Thanks for any replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can ever justify the digital deluxe by "value".
    After all, you're paying 1/3 the cost of the game for just a few items. It's really more of a want than a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I don't think you can ever justify the digital deluxe by "value".
    After all, you're paying 1/3 the cost of the game for just a few items. It's really more of a want than a need.
    Exactly, but someone just might (Doubtfully) come in here and explode the reality of these items and prove to me it's worth the extra $20. Mainly the combat pet, but I have no idea how strong (Or long) it actually is worth. Anyways, thanks for the reply! I'm going to check this thread in the morning, so any more replies are appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean the digital deluxe version?

You could always just buy the standard edition and then wait to see what the rewards will be exactly like after the game is released. If you think it's worth it you'll be able to upgrade your account to the digital deluxe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You could always just buy the standard edition and then wait to see what the rewards will be exactly like after the game is released. If you think it's worth it you'll be able to upgrade your account to the digital deluxe.
    This man speaketh the truth, it's what i'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Alright, that's what I'll do if anything. Thanks!