Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Reading comprehension is always everyone's strong point on this forum.

Do you realize that Vivendi bought Activision and merged Blizzard with them? Why would you assume that Blizzard is being sold too? Every article I have read clearly says Activision, not Activision Blizzard.

Activision and Blizzard Entertainment are still separate companies. Activision Blizzard does not publish games, they use Activision or Blizzard, whichever would have released the game before. As such, I don't know why you would think it's both of them possibly being sold.

You think the news article would be plastered about how WoW's company was being sold, but it only ever mentions CoD.

I really enjoyed the comments on other sites where people were suggesting Activision simply buy Blizzard. At least I haven't seen one of those here yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there are man companies that can buy A/B, wonder who will have the balls to invest 13B (Was it 13Billion?) dollars into A/B...

Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    Activision Blizzard does not publish games
    Ehm... http://www.activisionblizzard.com/co...urCompany.html

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard, Inc. is a worldwide online, PC, console, handheld and mobile game publisher with leading market positions across every major category of the rapidly growing interactive entertainment software industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Blizzard

In December 2007, Activision announced that the company and its assets would merge with fellow games developer and publisher, Vivendi Games.

As said so many times on these forums, Activision merged with Vivendi games, not Blizzard Entertainment. They just decided to use the name in the new formed unit.

Blizzard Entertainment makes games, Activision Blizzard publishes games. Vivendi owns Activision Blizzard.
    Last edited by Amorac; 2012-06-08 at 12:19 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    Ehm... http://www.activisionblizzard.com/co...urCompany.html

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard, Inc. is a worldwide online, PC, console, handheld and mobile game publisher with leading market positions across every major category of the rapidly growing interactive entertainment software industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Blizzard

In December 2007, Activision announced that the company and its assets would merge with fellow games developer and publisher, Vivendi Games.

As said so many times on these forums, Activision merged with Vivendi games, not Blizzard Entertainment.

Blizzard Entertainment makes games, Activision Blizzard publishes games. Vivendi owns Activision Blizzard.
    At least you've proven your reading comprehension, too bad common sense is lacking.

You are correct though, Activision did merge with Vivendi Games, but what made up Vivendi Games? Blizzard and Sierra which was closed after the merge. Some people might not recognize Vivendi Games so it's easier to just stick with Blizzard.

By the way, if you're going to quote Wikipedia, read the whole page first.

Activision and Blizzard Entertainment still exist as separate entities. The holding company does not publish games under its central name and instead uses its subsidiaries to publish games, similar to how Vivendi Games operated before the merger. The merger makes Activision parent company of Vivendi Games' former divisions.
    Last edited by Peroxidex; 2012-06-08 at 12:23 PM.

At least you've proven your reading comprehension, too bad common sense is lacking.
    Personal attacks makes your posts weak. I would suggest you drop those.

By the way, if you're going to quote Wikipedia, read the whole page first.
    I responded to your claim "Activision Blizzard does not publish games".

AB on their own site say they are game publishers, therefore they are, I'll hold that above any wiki entry. It was just to show who merged with who really and not about the publishing therefore I saw no reason to mention it.

Anyway, Vivendi games had as "Divisions" "Blizzard Entertainment" and the defunct Sierra, much like Blizzard Entertainment and Activison are now "divisions" of "Activision Blizzard".

They may say "publisher" Blizzard on the box, but I would suspect it's Activision Blizzard that is responsible for it, to avoid confusing.

And yes, Blizzard was/is a stronger name then Vivendi, Vivendi Games was still a different entity and not the same as Blizzard with another name.
    Last edited by Amorac; 2012-06-08 at 12:44 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~