Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard customer service is epic.

My ticket:

Auction House bugged

I bid on an item on the auction house for 1mill gold, a minute later I got a message that I was outbid, so I pressed bid again, nothing happened.
    Then I realised I now have a bid on an entirely different item for 1.2 mill.
    I have never bid on this item before so I have no idea why this displayed in my auction tab rather then the one I was actually bidding on.

Response:

Greetings.

First I want to apologize for the very long wait time you've experienced for a response from us. Due to our Diablo III release we have received a huge amount of contacts from our players and that has slowed down our response time.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

Transactions in the Diablo III Auction House may occasionally take some time to process before the money and item are delivered to the appropriate parties.

Items can take up to 48 hours for delivery. Proceeds from auctions may take up to 5 days for delivery, in certain circumstances. If you have not received your item or money after five days have passed, please reply to this ticket for assistance.

For additional information on the Diablo III Auction House, see the Auction House support article collection here: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/4800048

Thank you again for contacting us. We hope that you continue to enjoy your adventures in Sanctuary.

My reply:

Im sorry but did you even read my ticket? Cause your reply is completely irrelevant to my problem. I did receive my item only that it was the wrong one.
    I bid on an auction, got outbid, pressed the rebid button in the "auction tab" and for some reason my bid was placed on a different item.

Maybe read the ticket next time before you type in your macro reply?
    Wait two days for a wall of text about nothing relevant to my problem.

Blizzards reply:

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting us about your Diablo III auction house inquiry. We are currently looking into the delays of items getting to you from the auction house, and return of gold on failed auctions. Please keep checking as this should be resolved soon, and you should get your item and/or gold back. For more information about this issue, please visit our Knowledge Center Article:

http://eu.battle.net/support/article/7400083

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Now the ticket is marked as resolved.

Wait two days for a wall of text not even close to relevant to your problem, reply to your ticket just to get the same reply back again and then have your ticket closed as resolved.

Clearly neither one of them even bothered to read my ticket, they just saw it was an auction house issue and posted their macro response.

lol... what does it matter to them ? tell me a single reason that would increase their profit if they personally helped you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    lol... what does it matter to them ? tell me a single reason that would increase their profit if they personally helped you.
    Well, I doubt the OP will consider a Blizzard product again. He doesn't buy from them again = loss. Surely they gain by personally helping people...

Or maybe you just clicked the wrong button?

Did you scroll over the item again, before you placed your 2nd Bid? I bet you didn't and you just mis-clicked.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

Deleted
    Blizzard CS is awesome.

Yeah, I said it. I had to put up with 100+ hour ticket wait times in SWTOR for a reply which was basically "thank you, we will get back to you in due course" - in WoW my tickets are replied within less than a day and I always get a considerate person who does try as hard as possible to help me. Some things get resolved with a benefit to me, others don't. That's fine.

Being polite goes a long way, by the way.

Deleted
    In 6 years I have NEVER received bad customer service from Blizzard, so just because you happened to run into one clueless jerk doesn't mean the whole customer service is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    Blizzard CS is awesome.

Yeah, I said it. I had to put up with 100+ hour ticket wait times in SWTOR for a reply which was basically "thank you, we will get back to you in due course" - in WoW my tickets are replied within less than a day and I always get a considerate person who does try as hard as possible to help me. Some things get resolved with a benefit to me, others don't. That's fine.

Being polite goes a long way, by the way.
    In WoW it's quite good. In Diablo however, which this thread is about, it's absolutely terrible. You spend 5 mio on an item, but it gets lost while sending it to your stash. Ticket response: Well sucks to be you.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

I have nothing but good to say about Blizz CS. Any problem I have had they had resolved within 2 days. As a player of several MMO's the great service Blizzard offers is second to none.

Blizzard's CS isn't great, but at least it's better than Bioware's.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    I love stuff like this, you are so wrapped up in your big ideals of corporate greed and yet you have no clue how the corporate world works. Corporations don't make money by selling things and then when you are unhappy tell you to go pound salt, little gas station guys do that. Corporations, especially tech based corporations, make money by satisfying customers as much as possible. If a customer is unhappy they won't buy your expansion game/games, they don't buy Diablo III mouse pads or Diablo III t-shirts. They don't buy your Diablo III story novels and they also tell other people not to buy the original Diablo III game. Thats also people who don't buy Diablo IV.

"They have your money already." -> They basically covered the cost of production (11 years worth) and made some profit to put into thier next project. The real money is in satisfied customers who purchase more stuff down the line.

How greedy can they possibly be when they gave me Diablo III for free? All I did was promise to pay for WoW for one year which I was going to do anyways. I didn't have to pay up front and I could pay the same way I was already paying, time cards. So I got an in-game mount, gauranteed beta access to MoP and a 60 dollar Diablo 3 game for FREE just for doing what I was going to do anyways. Yeah, HUGE corporate greed huh?

Before you go raging about corporate greed you should have some understanding of how the world actually functions. If companies didnt make customers happy they would not have profits and they would not be in business, none the less the biggest game company out there. 10.2 million gamers can't be wrong.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-06-08 at 02:40 PM.

The biggest problem with CS in online games these days is that I do not think a real person sees 90% or more of the tickets. Your ticket sent in-game is scanned by a bot. When it sees certain keywords it sends you a generic response. It never gets to a person. Other games that have used this method at least allowed you to respond if the canned answer didn't resolve your issue, or gave you instructions to reply with a specific keyword that could bypass the bot response. In Blizzards case, responding just gets the bot to close your ticket apparently. I would call and talk to a person if I were you, and be nice to the person, it is not their fault and if you are calm and polite they will be more likely to try to help you.

I had a similar thing happen this week also. Got a completely un-related answer for an item I purchased which had a bugged stat. I'm getting tired of all the bs that blizz is putting on the consumer. I really really hope the Koreans ream blizzard to the wall, then the US and EU should follow suit

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what you get when you hire cheap outsider customer support teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Lol this is basically the standard response for most things now. It's get tickets in and out as fast as possible and don't touch anything that will take time to complete.
    Just wait for the "we don't touch any loot disputes" to come into Diablo aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Comis View Post
    Blizzard's CS isn't great, but at least it's better than Bioware's.
    so. very. much. this.

SWTOR has some of the worst customer service I've ever witnessed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they ever put the "real money" auction house live it will be fun to watch the fury and eventual law suites should this level of support continue. Soon as Blizzard puts a dollar value on in game items, the legal ramifications for mistakes on their end sky rocket.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me that he/she had read a ton of tickets about the AH not delivering the items/money, so the person answering your ticket made a responce that was aimed at that. Sometimes it happens that a person's brain oversees details because it got used to respond to the same thing over and over again, which in turn makes he/she lose the entire context. That at least may explain why the responce was like that.

I've never had an issue with Blizzard's CS. Well, at least in WoW, my tickets replys have always been relevent. Is D3's CS team different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If they ever put the "real money" auction house live it will be fun to watch the fury and eventual law suites should this level of support continue. Soon as Blizzard puts a dollar value on in game items, the legal ramifications for mistakes on their end sky rocket.
    Which is also why they delayed the release of the RMAH with no clear release date. A wise decision, since they need to tinker some more before the game will be ready for this type of service.