Thread: Is it worth it?

10+ Year Old Account

Is it worth it?

So I was thinking of taking another whack at leveling a Paladin, I leveled one in Vanilla to 43! And then again in Wotlk and Cata, but then I trashed the 85 and started working on my shaman!

But now I'm wondering is it worth the time and effort..?

I have all the plate boa, tanking and dpsing, and the mail healing set (That shaman crap) I really wanted to go full ret, and offspec either tank or heals to level up faster, So how is paladin looking in general for MoP both Pve and Pvp and what is the state of paladin right now as of current patch? Are we good in arena/ or "useful"
    How fun...is paladin? The graphics/animations are a big key factor of the "fun" aspect of the class...any class really

and the last question I have how fast is it leveling one?

If you have links, and suggestions please...go ahead and tell me ^_^
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    So I was thinking of taking another whack at leveling a Paladin, I leveled one in Vanilla to 43! And then again in Wotlk and Cata, but then I trashed the 85 and started working on my shaman!

But now I'm wondering is it worth the time and effort..?

I have all the plate boa, tanking and dpsing, and the mail healing set (That shaman crap) I really wanted to go full ret, and offspec either tank or heals to level up faster, So how is paladin looking in general for MoP both Pve and Pvp and what is the state of paladin right now as of current patch? Are we good in arena/ or "useful"
    How fun...is paladin? The graphics/animations are a big key factor of the "fun" aspect of the class...any class really

and the last question I have how fast is it leveling one?

If you have links, and suggestions please...go ahead and tell me ^_^
    Well Paladins and Hunters are the only class that I've levelled numerous times and there is a reason for that. They are both tremendously fun. I thought Paladins were fun way back before we got a major change in Cataclysm. I can understand how boring it can get auto attacking from levels 1-50 but there is just something about calling for a big hammer to judge someone. I was playing a Hunter PVPing in AB at around level 20 something and I saw this Blood Elf paladin come running to BS and BAM!! this big Hammer came down on me and next moment I was dead. I've loved that spell since then. However, it did get boring just auto attacking. Cata greatly brought a ton of QOL changes to Paladin.

I levelled a Paladin the first day cata went live and levelled as a pure tank since it was finally viable to quest as Protection now. Paladins have some of the best spell animations in the game, Divine Storm, Avenger's Shield, Judgement, and now the new level 90 talents in MOP. Paladins are fun in that regard but it does feel a bit slow until you get the t13 2pc where your judgements grant Holy Power which greatly improves the fluidity of the class compared to a Warrior where you are constantly hitting a spell.

I can't speak much about Paladins in MOP since I ain't on the BETA but from what I've read and people that I've spoken to, they all seem very excited about Paladins in general for MoP. They are getting a few cosmetic glyphs as well a ton of new spell animations which look awesome especially Templars Verdict. But I've always been a big fan of classes in Plate Armour with a big 2-H or 1-H with a Shield or a Bow and Arrow. Therefore you can imagine my love for Paladins and Hunters. Never been a caster.

But currently, Paladins are amazing Healers in PVE and do well in PVP. Well is it worth the time and effort? IDK. I can truly say Paladins and warriors are literally polar opposite of each other in play styles in the sense where Paladins is more CD based where you are mostly waiting for spells to come of CD compared to a Warrior where you are trying to mash anything and everything you can. Paladins play very similarly to an Enhancement Shaman but with even fewer spells to chose from. If you prefer a "slow" , "relaxing" play style then I suggest you go ahead and level a Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'fun' factor of a class isn't something that can be quantified. What you find to be fun is up to you, you'll just have to level one and find out.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!