Problem Running Rift

Hello All! I just started trying Rift after my girlfriend recommended it to me. I downloaded the trial and created an account, everything is working fine for me. However, since she switched to WoW after taking a break from Rift, she needed to re-download the entire client. After downloading everything though, once she logged in, she got (and keeps getting) stuck at the temple screen (new to the game, don't know what it is or how to describe it, it's just where you see your character before you enter the world).

The problem isn't that she's getting stuck her per say, but nothing loads on to that screen. It's animated and working fine, but no prompts come up, no text, no shard selection, nothing. Does anyone know what the problem is here? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that she IS on an older computer, as I suspected it was just an issue with her computer, she quickly pointed out to me that she had run rift before, and played it on the same computer with absolutely no problems before.

Have you tried running the repair tool?

Which repair tool? Sorry, as I said, new to Rift and I don't exactly know where things are (or what they are).

I'm not at home to check but I was thinking there was a repair option on the launcher. It may not actually say "repair" but it's the same thing.

We found it, it was labeled as "Recover", thanks! Hopefully this works, if not I fear she may just not be able to run the game on this computer.

I tried running it on an ancient laptop while on vacation and all i could get was a black ground and couple of models to show up although I could move around the world. I don't know if that's anything related but it could just need a more powerful computer now with all of the updates Trion does every week or two.

After recovering, it seems as though there wasn't any difference. Looks like this is just her computer, however if anyone else knows what might be happening, that would be great! Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be the game isnt properly patching, Just completely unnistall the game, clean the computer of all it files and such than do a fresh Install and hopefully that will work Good Luck.

Probably not the issue but has she updated all of her hardware drivers including the video card?

Have you tried contacting Trion support, or posting in their tech support forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be worth a shot at seeing if your Direct X and Microsoft .Net Framework is up to date...just throwing that out as another option

Just woke up, thanks guys for all of the responses! Will look in to them!

Edit: Also, to clarify, have not tried contacting support yet (always kinda use that as a last resort option, I like trying to fix things!) and her drivers are up to date, however I'm unsure about the .Net Framework and Direct X, I'll have to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth trying anyhow, latest Direct X can be found here >> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dxwebsetup.exe

Latest .Net Framework here >> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...Full_setup.exe

Thanks for the links! She's off to the store currently, but when she get's back I'm going to have her check for the updates to everything, and re-install the game, hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin View Post
    Thanks for the links! She's off to the store currently, but when she get's back I'm going to have her check for the updates to everything, and re-install the game, hoping for the best.
    Can you post a screenshot? So all you see is the character select screen background with nothing else? If you are forcing AA on with an external program try turning it off.
    Also, what are the specs of the computer?
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80