Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    It's really a breath of fresh air to see some constructive criticism about this game. Without trying to be mean or upset someone, I can definitely say that I've never seen a fanbase so over-the-top and obsessed about a game pre-release as the GW2 fans. People are acting like they're waiting for the second coming of Christ.

The game being free is an excellent move in my opinion, and that alone will grant them tons of players (and of course, revenue). In all other aspects, I still fail to see how this game will revolutionize the industry.
    For some reason whenever I read post like this I think of way elder scrolls/valve fans act when a elder scrolls/valve game is about to come out.

It's really a breath of fresh air to see some constructive criticism about this game. Without trying to be mean or upset someone, I can definitely say that I've never seen a fanbase so over-the-top and obsessed about a game pre-release as the GW2 fans. People are acting like they're waiting for the second coming of Christ.

The game being free is an excellent move in my opinion, and that alone will grant them tons of players (and of course, revenue). In all other aspects, I still fail to see how this game will revolutionize the industry.
    Vive la Revolution.
    No game has revolutionized a genre, really. Just the ideas within, and how they came together.
    The idea of "the wait" has to do with...well, a lot of us are tired of the current trend of MMOs and how they're all almost identical with a twist in story or world it exists in. This time, they not only give us a new world to explore, but try to change up how MMOs are looked at and to bring back the fun.

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure none of the regulars in this forum are acting like that.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    It's cute that you're trying to be the "bigger man".

I've had girlfriends before, and yes, they've called me things similar. But you know what? I knew them. I don't know you. Heading straight to that level is like if you were in a pub and a stranger came over, sat down next to you, and put his arm around you. It's something you might expect from someone you're going out with, but not from a complete stranger.
    Drugs certainly do weird things to human beings.

And someone clearly misunderstood your roleplaying name.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Most people (including me) enjoy getting new gear and upgrades, it makes it fun
    You're saying most people are lootwhores?

Really, well, if this were true I'd still be playing Diablo 3. Guess what? I don't. I'm tired of grinding gear and playing the same content.

I played PvP in SWTOR and the gear upgrades for PvP weren't fun at all. It meant the no lifers who grinded the gear were having an unfair advantage over me who just had the standard gearset. Yes, unfair advantage from game mechanic. The logical reply, since the game mechanic exists so people grind and stay subbed, is to unsub. I hope we can evade that crap in GW2 and instead have content.

games can be fun without this but they get boring a hell of a lot quicker.
    If they lack content, yes. In this game, the content is the leveling experience.

I enjoy a challenge, which yes this game supposedly has, but once i've done it once, i'm done, there's no reason for me to prove i can do it anymore and i won't do it for gear anymore as it's pretty much cosmetic.
    Lies. You neglected to understand the leveling is the content in this game. You also most likely wanna look c00l in SW/Org with the heroic gear you grinded.

Just to point out as well, the majority of gamers hate leveling, which is the main aspect of this game.
    I hated leveling in SWTOR, WoW because there was fuck all challenge. There was tons of challenge while leveling in GW2. There is tons of interesting lore. You can add to that the graphics look adequate and gameplay isn't laggy for a game I am playing in 2012 with my hardware and internet connection, unlike the 2 other games I mentioned.

Now, let me go back to Diablo 3: I played this game a lot the first month but after a few weeks I quickly grew to get bored with it. Maybe I played it too much in a small amount of time. If I ask myself: was it worth the money? I say without a doubt: yes did it fulfill my expectations? I say yes because I expected it to be grindy at "end game" but I also expected to have some fun during the grind (till it gotten boring). I expected the content to be more dynamic, so my expectations weren't met in this regard, but it was still worth my money.

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    This game is free? Wtf, I was ripped off.
    Yep, GW2 is free. After you paid a license. And here's Tom with the weather.